So…it’s been awhile. I recently reentered the electronic age and have been playing cataclysm again. As usual, I find the Lab rife with under maintained and conflicting mods, but I gotta have em all! I’ve completed the first pass on several mods, which I’ve listed below. This was mainly to get rid of those annoying error messages on startup (hopefully fixing the underlying issue and not just masking it, though that’s been done as well) that sometimes stop us in our tracks.
I then do what I enjoy, play the game, and make note of the various f*d up things and fix them where possible. I’ve tried to stay in tune with the original mod to the best of my abilities. I will always prefer to have an updated version of the mod rather than my shoddy fixes. <–So expect me to phase out my version if a mod is being actively worked on.
I couldn’t possibly detail every change, some stick out, like the recent size ->weight & volume change, which was a pain in the ass in several mods, particularly cata++. I’ve kept the original modinfo, with the addition of my name and a name change for mods that are mainlined but not exactly maintained. I’ve also sorta coopted the noctPK combined monstergroup mod and added the monstergroups from every mod that adds monstergroups in my mod folder. I’ve labeled each group for (somewhat) ease of editing. I’m calling it the Monstergroups Combo Patch. MGCP can only be run as is with the mods it has as dependencies. It’s fairly easy to modify to suit your desires, just don’t forget to remove the mods dependency in modinfo.json if you remove it’s monsters from the patch.
The rest of the mods in the pack were broken, so I made them work for myself and now I’m sharing them with you.
If I’ve messed up and taken credit for someone’s work, let me know so I can fix it, all I can take credit for is kludging it all together and fixing the most outrageous errors. I’m hoping you all can let me know what’s broken under the hood, what’s gamebreaking without intending to be and what’s redundant. I’ll continue taking notes and doing what I do. Hail grepWin!!
I think all of this can be run standalone, except for mods with previously existing dependecies (Salvaged Robots needs modular turrets, etc). Let me know what happens.
Works In Progress (Functional at release with the version specified)
- Airdrops and Alchemy - A successor to Duros’ Doings without the OP zero point items. I’ll be updating the airdrops and making the current “Everything -> Chemical -> Everything” system a bit more involved.
- Vehicle Addition Additions - Requires Vehicle Additions(Blazemod) Deprecated Blazemod Diamond weapons and parts. I wanted crystal paths. The rest just kinda came along for the ride. I fixed the recipe, I think. None of it’s cheap or made of common materials. I’ve attempted to only bring unique items into this mod, nothing that is in mainline blazemod. If you find something I’ve duplicated, let me know, please.
- Monstergroups Combo Patch - Originated as the noctPK combo patch from PK_Rebalance, now with many more mods. This brings all the mods with conflicting monstergroup entries together in one place for ease of editing. Has dependencies for all encompassed mods. This will override all conflicting monstergroup entries of mods loaded BEFORE it. Did you ever wonder why you can only see the dinosaurs if you put the mod on the bottom of the list or all alone?
Mods Modified (Many of these have edited monster size entries, nearly all have had the monstergroups truncated to avoid duplicating the entire vanilla list over and over. The goal is for each mod to be able to function alone, though I haven’t done a lot of testing on that yet. They all work together just fine.) If it’s not clear, links in this section are to the unmodified version, modified version is in the download.
- Agent Bandits
- Bionics Systems Mod
- C:DDA Extra Professions & Gears - This is currently relying on Arcana to function. Someone explain to me how the cvd machine is supposed to work, please.
- Draco Dog Mod
- Jury rigged Robots
- Mutation Changes - Don’t drink and mod, kids.
- Nimian Manufacture
- Oa’s Additional buildings
- Salvaged Robots - In mainline
- Modular Turrets Required
- Shadow Dragon’s Wintertime Professions
- Vampiric Stuff
- Warhammer 40K - CURRENTLY BROKEN, YOU WILL DIE, DO NOT USE
The Modpack consists of all the mods in the WIP and Mods Modified sections above. The mods below are not included in the download.
- Tested and working in it’s entirety on BUILD 8166 (As seen in the launcher).
Optional Mods - These should be optional and you’ll have to track them down yourself( I found them all here, after all. ) I’ll be adding links as it occurs to me and is convenient.
- Advanced Gear - This mod is Duros’ Doing’s Zero Point items, all growed up and awesome.
- Artyom’s Gun Emporium: Reloaded
- Armor Up! Power Armor Utilities
- Armor Up! Survivor Expansion
- Bookscanner mod - (awesome in theory, if only I could find the dang scanner)
- Bootleg Walkers - From the launcher.
- DeadPeopleXotto Tileset - Great Tileset, updated frequently
- Dorf Life - Underground Caverns, full of awesome and death.
- Dried Fruit
- Fungus Fighter Kit
- Hydroponics Mod
- Maddremor’s Mods - Has a neat tool bundle mod. Some mods broken.
- Mining Mod - from the launcher.
- More Survival Tools Extra
- Mutated Arsenal
- Pixel’s F*ery
- BioCo, MagTec, MutEx, noFreeze
- Shadow Dragon’s Mods
- Shard’s Additions (200L internal tank, UNG!) Check the repositories for more. Stats thru KILLS, SpeedyDex and more.
- Tanks - Mainline
- Vehicle Additions Required - Mainline
My current mods.json <-As of 11/28/18
To recap, I run with everything enabled, cause I enjoy the chaos and fixing the inevitable failures makes me happy, so ymmv if you pick and choose. I really really tried to make things easy for the launcher to upate with minimal headaches and micromanagement. I also tried not to introduce any new dependencies between mods, so let me know if you find something like that.
Tested and working in it’s entirety on BUILD 8166 (As seen in the launcher).
Update 11/13/2018 - Minor enhancements, added some optional mods to the OP. LINKS. Added forgotten Mutation Changes mod.
Updated 11/17/2018 - Moar Links, thx to Kadian for reminding me to add Artyom’s, it’s been there since day one.
- Updated 11/09/2018