Additional Buildings Mod

After years of playing this game on and off; I decided that I wanted to contribute something (anything) back.

This mod adds 15 buildings to the game in total. 11 city and 4 wilderness buildings.

These include:

(city buildings/structures)

1. car dealership
  2. car showroom
  3. city dump (small)
  4. gardening allotment
  5. internet cafe
  6. open sewer
  7. outdoor market (small)
  8. private park
  9. public art piece
  10. public space
  11. sex shop

(wilderness buildings/structures)

1. fire lookout tower (3 Z-levels)
  2. giant sinkhole (2 Z-levels)
  3. hunter’s camp
  4. regional dump (4x4)

The structures are all in a near finished state, id est they are fully built, fully furnished, and fully populated with items and monsters; They only really need proper balancing now (relative to the rest of the game). Something I am unable to do in isolation.

Get it here: GitHub Release

All feedback welcome.:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Worth mainlining too!

2 Likes

There is a new tool - Prefab Explorer which reported some issues in you overmap terrain definitions:

oa_additional_buildings_mod-1.1/json/cs_car_showroom.json and oa_additional_buildings_mod-1.1/json/ws_regional_dump.json have invalid number of characters in last row of rows object.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. :+1:

My bad; it was easy to miss because the in-game error check doesn’t flag it.
It just uses the characters up to the 24th for the tiles and discards any extras within that array element, without generating an error flag.

I also used the prefab explorer as well (initial version), and noticed that those two maps didn’t load but never gave it much thought at the time :expressionless:

Anyway version 1.1.1 contains your fix. Cheers.

Deprecated color suffixes in overmap_terrain.json

0:20:21.297 WARNING : Deprecated foreground color suffix was used: (lt) in (i_ltblue). Please update mod that uses that.
0:20:21.297 WARNING : Deprecated foreground color suffix was used: (lt) in (ltgreen_red). Please update mod that uses that.
0:20:21.297 WARNING : Deprecated foreground color suffix was used: (lt) in (i_ltgray). Please update mod that uses that.
0:20:21.297 WARNING : Deprecated foreground color suffix was used: (lt) in (ltgreen_cyan). Please update mod that uses that.

1 Like

Thanks for showing me. :pensive:
I’ve updated the colour names for version 1.2. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Version 1.2 is out.

what’s new?

Redone and improved several previous buildings, including:
Private park, Open Sewer, Car dealership, and Hunter’s Camp (renamed: “Survivor’s Camp”).

Added new buildings:

• Survivor’s Bunker
  • Tire Shop

And did a balancing pass over all buildings, tweaking item and monster spawns.

2 Likes

What about mainlining it? Would you care to create a PR in Cataclysm repo?