PK's Rebalancing Unofficial patch

So it seems that at least once a week or two I need to update PK’s rebalance mod to start, or just fix bugs from recent changes to the base game, figure I should do a thread instead of bumping the new one all of the time and expecting people to scroll to the bottom for updates.

Delete your old version before posting to the thread, sometimes files are deleted or changed and loading the old files that still exist when you overwrite causes errors! Assume if the version updated on a given day, it’s for a new build of experimental!

UPDATES 06/11/2020 DD/MM/YYYY
-finally some good update
Cuddlebaby/Go-Goat, GoatGod and Kenan2000 all put in some serious effort to get my horribly tainted version on parity with theirs, so now it should just werk and maintaining it should be less scary!

ALWAYS DELETE YOUR OLD MOD WHEN YOU UPDATE

Please report any issues with screenshots of any errors.

Delete your old version of the mod and paste this new one in to install correctly, cataclysm loads mods based on mod IDs not folders, it’ll work with old worlds despite different folder names, it couldn’t care less about what you call the folder.

You can fund my caffeine habits for doing this if ya like here:

9 Likes

This thing
I like it

Hey guys, I’ve made a PK’s Rebalancing fork on github: https://github.com/Siyalatas/PKs_Rebalancing

It incorporates the same changes /u/dissociativity implemented so far, plus a few of mine that make the mod a bit less frustrating.
If you only want the fixes with no additional changes there is a branch which only has the error fixes, as noted in the repo description.

2 Likes

Gooder and gooderer! Things are very good, I thank much, yes yes.

Thankyou! I’ll make a fork and make some pull requests for you if I find any issues that aren’t fixed and I can fix.

1 Like

Question: since anything with the old mutagen flag will crash the game, is updating every single instance manually the only solution ?

very nice! :smiley: will you also make an updated version of noct-pk patch aswell, the cataclysm++ and PKs-rebalancing compatability patch that makes the two work together? or does it not need to be updated?

You could theoretically use a text editor’s text replacement feature to speed up the process.

Sorry, I personally think Cataclysm++ is garbage as it makes the game too easy with lots of broken overpowered things, and that clashes with PK’s extra difficulty stuff personally.
It shouldn’t be too hard to edit stuff in yourself though, just look at the error messages and lines of code relevant, and edit accordingly.

2 Likes

I wanted to thank you guys extensively for your work, I was postponing Ascension’s update until late september because of the sheer amount of work I have to deal with in August, but thanks to the new patches I only needed to patch some things here and there and now the whole pack works perfectly!
I’ve included you in the special thanks and in the new mod’s readme and opening post for posterity.
Rock on!:love_you_gesture:

1 Like

How would I go about installing th error fix version? Should I just download, and unzip it into my mods folder? Do I need to delete PK’s rebalancing and replace it with the error fix version?

As I said in the OP, so long as it’s in it’s own folder, name doesn’t matter the game will read it as PK Rebalance, you just need to delete your old version first.

Forsure, I was having a bit of difficulty figuring out how to use the github versions(I’ve always just used the launcher) linked by @barbascientiam, but I got it figured out. Thank you so much for making these edits and sharing them! I have really been enjoying the new changes made to the game as well as PK’s rebalancing mod.

Just updated the OP so that people will be more easily directed to the best version.

I think 7904 broke it again.

posted an update for ya, should work now, lemme know if there’s any issues.

@dissociativity

Sorry to be a pain where would one find the updated version as the GITHUB says it was last upated on the 14th Aug.

Thank you :slight_smile:

fixed, stupid edit didn’t save

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

just started game all fine no errors now :grinning:

Hi! Thanks so much for doing this! I’m here to report a problem. Vanilla introduced a flag on comestibles “SMOKABLE”, and it’s missing from some of the items PKR overrides. Or atleast that’s what seems to be the problem from what I can tell after I rooted around the jsons.

The problem ultimately is preventing regular items from being smoked in the new smoking rack system. Most noteably regular meat can’t be smoked right now. I switched mods around and found PKR to be the problem mod.