Share Your Stories!

Hey everyone I’m new to the forum and this is my first post so go easy on me! I would love to read some stories about how your game playthroughs worked out. For instance I just had a character that started in the shelter. I was surrounded by large rivers minus the south which had a forest. I went east towards a bridge in hopes of making it into the city but was stopped by a tank surrounded by corpses. I decided to turn around and head to the west instead, scavenging in shrubs and whatnot along the way. Eventually I found a mi-go that was battling some spitter zombies, and had corpses littered all around it. Being the newb that I am I wasn’t sure what to expect from this creature and engaged in melee combat with my crowbar… obviously a mistake haha. After I realized I was going to die to this thing if I didn’t do something I proceeded to try and run to a corpse nearby that had a glock19 with a full magazine. I grabbed the gun and fired off rounds like a madman until I had finally killed the thing, but not before he had royally messed my limbs and body up. I was on the verge of dying. I looted the nearby corpses (there was like 10 corpses) and every single one of them had bags of meth. So I went to the shelter again and laid myself down in the corner with a couple blankets and consumed the meth in hopes that it would help with the pain. My person passed out for a few days straight. I needed food and water so I set out again to search those corpses. Now when I killed the mi-go the first time I tried to pulp it but couldn’t. I figured that it meant that I wouldn’t have to worry about it coming back to life but unless there was another mi-go it came back to life. It was much faster then me and so I thought maybe I could swim out into the river and make it to the other side. Apparently mi-go’s can swim… :sweat_smile: Honestly I didn’t have the stamina to make it all the way across the river anyways. If somebody could link me to any other posts on here where people share their stories I would appreciate it. I tried searching for some but I couldn’t find anything.

I dunno if it’s exactly what you are looking for but this might be a good place to look, here are the starts to a few of the ones I’ve told (I’m far from the only one posting tales there though):

Miria Silver

Summary

What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2! - #1313 by crazykiddeath

Jessie Valentine

Summary

What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2! - #1463 by crazykiddeath

Holly d’Ark

Summary

What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2! - #1575 by crazykiddeath

And here are a couple of Challenges I’ve done:

Zombie Slayer

Summary

Challenge: Gob *cough* Zombie Slayer

Radical Radio

Summary

Challenge: Radical Radio

2 Likes

Hey thanks! I really enjoy the story telling element to this game. I feel like every good adventure in this game could be written down and sold in a book! I really want to see short stories and the like. There’s some good stuff in that post but it leaves me wondering what happened to those characters.

2 Likes

Retired, I don’t tend to die too much later game. Once they reach a certain point, a point where they are sustainable or they achieve their goal I retire them. Miria had her companions and a mobile base, Jessie had a secure sustainable home, Holly had become a leader, someone of value and worth, Gob cough Zombie Slayer returned to his own world and Alan got the chance to declare his innocence and show the truth to the world.

There doesn’t seem much point running them into the ground after that so I let them have their “happy ending”.