What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

In recent news, I have no idea if I’m going to survive through cocaine withdrawals. Just making enough clean water to stay hydrated is a gamble, and the snacks are running out.

1 Like

It shouldn’t end like this. It’s not fair.

Waking up with that gnawing hunger in her gut, evidence of the days spent without food, she came to a decision. If this was the end, it would be on her own terms. She grabbed her blindfold and ran out the door of the forsaken laboratory that was equal parts home and prison, now that the withdrawals had crippled her so. Before she could give herself time to think, she wrapped the cloth over her eyes, screamed a final curse at any god that may have been listening, and strode forward into the minefield.

It wasn’t until she bumped into a tree that she took off the blindfold. Before her stood a grand willow, strong and hale even in this doomed world. She laid her head against its smooth bark and cried. The dreams had been lies, dreams of the forest, of beauty, of pure green life and her with a worry that drove her actions. She was going to die here, starving to death in a puddle of her own excrement. She couldn’t even blunder into a landmine right.

Turning around, she strode home through the mines again, with the wind flowing through the trees speaking words either of commiseration or mockery.

3 Likes

Implanted night vision

FB_IMG_1449986740498

3 Likes

After holing up reading books in a military bunker, I crossed a patch of woods separating me from a long road leading through a bunch of towns. On the far side I found a working RV too, walled up inside a shuttered motel. I transferred all my belongings over and fueled it up with the little gasoline I had left. Set myself up at a campsite looting the nearby town and lab and rolling around looking for crashed helicopters for firearms off zombie soldiers, hacking solar panels onto the RV so I can cook and read without worrying about draining the battery. Been on the road since, I’ve managed to get about ten towns south- almost cried when the 7 tile bridge I came to didn’t have a wreck in the middle of it. I’m kitted out real good with battle rifles and explosives, about to take on three hulks so I can establish my survivor camp in a regional dump outside of Lyme

1 Like

Nanofab isn’t from a mod, it’s part of the base game. PR.

Jessie Valentine finished her pray of thanks for the meal she had just completed, the Lab may of gone to hell and she maybe be currently trapped but in her heart she knew the Lord was with her!

Decided to try something a bit different, a combination of bookworm/spirtualist with a habit of ingesting questionable substances to achieve enlightenment but no real combat traits.

2 Likes

Walking machine broke

2 Likes

So this is appearently what causes it

2 Likes

Jessie blinked rapidly, the first glimpse of sunlight in a over a month burning her eyes, she quietly gave thanks for her deliverance before setting off down the empty road. The escape had been a trial but one she’d overcome with the Lords guidance.

1 Like

What was this blood drenched horror? A type of demon? Had the events in the lab been mirrored across the whole world? With a prayer on her lips she when to meet to meet the unnatural creature machette in hand, in Gods name she would cleanse such filth!

2 Likes

Nice, rural labs are great luck. I wound up leaving a lab straight into the bottom of a prison, my first try of this version :slight_smile:

Mmm, I can imagine it being quite difficult if you come out with minimal gear. I’ve had a start like that before but got lucky on drops so I had access to EMP grenades and those make it a lot easier.

My new NPC pal, Bill Wallis, is having a hell of a week.

First he got his pants ripped off and both of his legs broken by a pack of killer bees.

I got him some splints… and new pants. We went to a lab that I’d cleared earlier for bonesetting treatment and then spent a few days recovering. He was well on his way to recovery.

I was doing some recon near a big city when a hulk kool-ade-man-ed his way out of the back of a SWAT truck as I was passing near it. I’m pretty sure he was the whole SWAT team, in life. He used me as a lawn dart a few times but I was able to lose him on some local wildlife…

Which decided the best possible direction to run away would be straight towards my parked Humvee about 3 tiles away, where Bill was waiting safely.

Before I could kill him with arrows, Hulk had successfully ripped the armor reinforced door off of the Humvee, punched Bill halfway through the opposite door, and climbed in after him. Tight squeeze for a whole SWAT team, but he made it work.

Bill’s still alive, remarkably. Legs are completely smashed again, though.

From now on, curtains on every window, even if we’re parked way out in an empty field.

2 Likes

Jessie had explored a little and while she had found no fellow humans, at least none that hadn’t been stuck down and ghoulishly reanimated, she had managed to make a friend. When she’d finished her search for the day and returned with her new vehicle, she had discovered a dead zombie (for what other name would suit these creatures?) just inside her new home. Cautiously she’d entered, machette in hand, for she’d seen the walking dead fight among themselves and with other demonic creatures. Only to find a scared, hungry dog. Her supplies were far from extensive but she couldn’t bring herself to let the poor animal starve and cooked him up some food from the meat she had gathered (for charity begins at home!). He was skittish at first but fresh food and gentle words had soon won him over and before long he had been following her everywhere. She chose the name Monty for him.

3 Likes

Aw. Good puppy. I just tamed a dog too, but I ran him over when I tried to drive off with him in the back of my security van. Wish he could have just hopped up on the seat in the back; dogs do it all the time in real life.

Can zombie slaves made from spitter zombies still spit? This is an important question.
Question answered: yes it can still spit. Oh, well; bye Phlegmy, we hardly knew ye.

I’ll be careful to avoid that o.O

I wonder if you can still tie them up, a line of spitter zombies as a bulwark on three sides of a base might be interesting…

I’m slowly hunting acid ants with a flintlock rifle, desperately hoping to craft acid resistant armor while also hiding inside a boarded up gas station and crying while I wrap my half melted limbs in boiled rags. It’s been a very rough first week.

2 Likes

Taking some much needed time away from my companions, I took some time to reflect on everything thats happened to me. After a year and a half i have finally managed to walk somewhat well on these six “legs” of mine.
I no longer hate them. Although I dont much like them. I have come to accept them as part of me. Just like the gills on my neck. But for now…i drink my soup. And relax. Now i just need to build a tub…and manage some very hot water somehow. At least this blanket is warm.

3 Likes

(As a quick end to my old series, Manik finally decided to attack a nearby hive, all was going well, until a random mutated insect survivor popped out of a crevice and proceeded to destroy Manik with quick, effortless unarmed attacks. Manik ran from the hive to only be impaled by a stinger from one of the bees.)

New character is a mutagen addicted Imam, so far was about to become a bear; used a mutagen sample vault up, which ended up just giving me high thirst (out of 4 different samples, damn myself for not taking robust genetics, and RNG for being stupid and not changing anything.) Used more mutagen just to have to purify most of it, and took some more mutagen to only get stat boosts and weakening.

2 Likes