Minimalistic tileset

I had an idea to make a minimalistic tileset. What do you think this job is worth doing?

It looks so cool! ASCII fans will like it, consider continuing it!

I like this too!

Nice, what’s the pixel count on that?

11х11

Ayep.

I generally don’t like tilesets, but this looks pretty good.

YES! The main thing keeping me from using tilesets is that it restricts my field of view when playing, will be keeping a close eye on this indeed :slight_smile:

YES! The main thing keeping me from using tilesets is that it restricts my field of view when playing, will be keeping a close eye on this indeed :)[/quote]Yes, I also do not like it. And that is not enough contrasting tilesets. But in ASCII, if the symbols are not square, it distorts the world. And if the symbols are square, the text looks bad. So I decided to make this tileset.

Thanks for the feedback! I understood that the idea is good. I would do.

Really like the windows and walls, but perhaps it will be better to leave the character as an @

I was planning to repaint all units symbolic, but recognizable. But it is possible and I will do a version with ASCII symbols

YES! The main thing keeping me from using tilesets is that it restricts my field of view when playing, will be keeping a close eye on this indeed :)[/quote]

Pretty much my main gripe with the tilesets. :slight_smile:

Whoa! Looks sweet! I’m going to watch this intently.

Great!!

I was planning to repaint all units symbolic, but recognizable. But it is possible and I will do a version with ASCII symbols[/quote]

I like the idea of a “graphical” ascii character idea. Kind of like what LazyCat did on his knockoff. Other then that, this looks very nice, well done.

cool and smart! but @ looks better.

Hmm… Ok, and monsters you want see in ASCII to? Z - is zombies, w - is wolf etc? I want paint all monster…

I want a tileset but with monsters as letters…

I actually like the player sprite like that. If you did each monster similarly, but kept them loyal to their ascii colors I think it would be a happy medium between a tileset and pure ascii.

+1 godpseed

[quote=“An0n3, post:18, topic:3220”]I actually like the player sprite like that. If you did each monster similarly, but kept them loyal to their ascii colors I think it would be a happy medium between a tileset and pure ascii.

+1 godpseed[/quote]

Yes! That’s right and I’m going to do!

I support that notion.

By the way, it wouldn’t be too hard to code a system where you just drop in a square font for the tiles, and a non-square font for the text. Much less work than creating an entire new tileset with fonts instead of tiles. So that’s why a minimalistic tileset, but still a tileset, makes more sense IMO.