Farming

this may sound like a stupid question, but how/what do i need to farm?

Make a mound of dirt with a hoe, then (a)pply the seeds to it IIRC.

kkty

It’s easiest if you hold her by her feet, face down. If you’re able to apply some pressure to the back of her head you’ll get decent purchase with her teeth to rake up the dirt in bigger lumps.

Seriously though, I saw some mounds of soil in and around a forest once and had no clue what it was for. I haven’t seen seeds yet though.

Weird, but when I planted seeds they just… fell out? Seems like they’ve fell out, yet still got planted.
So, is it a bug or is my character just a buffoon with extra-curved arms?

when was farming added and how do you get seeds?

You can ujsut find them. As for mound of dirts in the wild… Take care, they’re probably buried land mines.

[quote=“Sheb, post:7, topic:2822”]You can ujsut find them. As for mound of dirts in the wild… Take care, they’re probably buried land mines.[/quote]or giant worms.

Right. If they’re moving, beware even more.

Still need to find a giant worms to plow my garden.

[quote=“Sheb, post:9, topic:2822”]Right. If they’re moving, beware even more.

Still need to find a giant worms to plow my garden.[/quote]
Haha, that’s a very interesting idea. Taming tunnelers for large scale farms. Right now I only really have a little garden on the side of the shelter, when I could have a city size farm that grows everything from strawberries to marijuana.

This, I’ve been playing for months and I’ve never seen a single seed. I’m on 0.7 still (I like to stick to “stable” versions).

Seeds/Farming/Etc aren’t in 0.7, they were added only a week or so ago.

oh. i dont update that much. i dont want to start over constantly…

Just download the latest version every time you die.

we can go old school and pick up animal droppings for fertilizer. there is a roguelike survival game called don’t starve that has this.

Why not use butchered meat for it. I mean we can make bone meal, using tainted meat isnt exactly hard to implement. And it will it base level usage

Rotten meat sounds good for this - but if you used tainted meat, wouldn’t that stand a good chance of yielding a crop of triffids?

Well, to my knowledge, triffids aren’t actually born from the goo, like zombies or fungaloids, they’re actually a creature from the same universe as it, that just happens to survive remarkably well here.

I though triffids were goo-infested plants, like giant ants are goo-infested ants.

Well, you can butcher them to get plant marrow, which is perfectly safe to eat, unlike tainted meat.