Everything is over and perfect. How is your survivor integrated into society?

Mine would be in jail for trying to hack parts off of other people’s cars with a hacksaw. That and picking up every single potentially useful item he can see with “V”.

Ah yes, surely you’d be tried for witchcraft due to that magic kleptovision power.

Well, probally working as commander of small milita what fight bandits, zombies, non-human mutants and nether creatures, flying driving from place to place in great command center.

Deadly anomalies, dangerous mutants, anarchists and bandits... None will stop Duty on its triumphant march towards saving the planet!

probaly while smallest faction in new world, probaly one of most powerfull with great junkyard full of my heavy defended loot
and my survivors do not have much mutations, and no mutations what change look of character but with a lot of bionic implants so society will do not see something wierd

probaly living outside civilizatons, only going to them to ask if they have any problems with robots/mutants/bandits/zombies/netherworld creatures or to take a break from fight

I usually play hobo, so my dude would be quite elated to be at the top-of-the-food-chain.

Prolly eaten by one of you crazed muties.

Well of course, kobolds are delicious. o3o

I would look down upon the rebuilt civilization, and I would say (in a creepy robot voice) “Nooooooooooooooooooooo…”

I would be a wandering artifact collector instead.

Well of course, kobolds are delicious. o3o

Well yea blood of dragons and all that. I will go down clawing biting and stabbity stabbing though.

Huehuehue. o3o

Probably settle down…

Nice picket fence surrounding a little two story house…

A “Welcome home” door mat in front of the main entrance…

And a giant blood stained super tank with two 155mm cannons in the drive way.

Plus have a pet manhack. Because god damn it those things are cute.

I would be an old man witnessing children play zombie, a game similar to cops and robbers, and then I would lecture them angrily not to play zombies because they have no idea about the past horrors. Parents would eventually learn of this minor incident and tell their children not to play zombie when old people are present. Then the next day I would see some other group of children to do the same thing, and I would just grit my teeth (or gums) and think to myself “Why the hell did I even bother”, by which I wouldn’t mean why did I even bother yelling at the kids but why did I even bother help fight off the zombies in the first place because if I hadn’t, then I wouldn’t be an angry old man yelling at some ignorant children, trying to keep my blood pressure in check. But then I remember that I wouldn’t be alive because I saved a doctor’s life at some point, and later that doc diagnosed and cured a serious disease I was having, and I would probably just be a lonely survivor somewhere in the wilderness with nothing but cats and dogs as the closest thing to a family (until the disease would’ve killed me). And that’s when I realize that life will screw you over no matter what you do. The only true choice and free will you have in the matter is HOW will you get screwed. It’s much like when the mistress asks “Short whip or the long whip?” and you know that if you say “short whip” she’s just going to hit you more times with it but the long whip hurts more… uhhh, so… yeah.

[quote=“Artyom177, post:70, topic:10916”]Probably settle down…

Nice picket fence surrounding a little two story house…

A “Welcome home” door mat in front of the main entrance…

And a giant blood stained super tank with two 155mm cannons in the drive way.

Plus have a pet manhack. Because god damn it those things are cute.[/quote]

I got skitterbot pets running around the lab area.

There might be one broken cyborg I hacked by accident… may have to put the guy out of his misery since he still screams in despair.

Kinda surprised that no-one thought of this yet, but… rule your own small country.
Looking at the zombie-survivor ratio, I’d say that it wouldn’t be hard to achieve that.
After all, who’s going to stop my megalomaniac feline-cyborg/mutant?

A smallish population of say… 500-1000 survivors might be hard to find though (to maintain sufficient genetic diversity, of course).
Not sure what to do about offspring though, given that she likes girls. Wonder if cloning+genetic engineering might be an option; she’d probably have learned enough about it by the time the apocalypse is over anyhow.

A smallish population of say... 500-1000 survivors might be hard to find though (to maintain sufficient genetic diversity, of course).

Nah you actually only need 7 pairs to preserve genetic diversity. But it does require organizing the marriages for a couple gens.

With mutagens, we could probably get by with less than that.
Post apocalyptic mutant rednecks would be quite diverse.

With mutagens, we could probably get by with less than that.
Post apocalyptic mutant rednecks would be quite diverse.[/quote]

Something tells me that might cause even more of a (literal) clusterfuck than regular inbreeding would. o3o

Mutant rednecks, oh god that would give “the hills have eyes a run for its money”.

Heh, most of my characters could fit the ‘wandering ronin’ pretty well.

Im going to be a FibroMancer, turning Leather patches into 880 threads, which is over 4 times the yield of a rag at a time-cost that is 80% of the rags deconstruction.

What. The More Survival Tools recipe shouldn’t be overriding the reverse of the normal sling recipe. Not unless some maniac decided to make the default recipe irreversible…