Everything is over and perfect. How is your survivor integrated into society?

Going by the current schedule of my survivor right now, she’d end up being a farmer and a bartender, basically having all the tools needed to brew liquor and craft the ingredients needed for it.

Hypothetically if society were to rebuild, it could only do so in small towns and villages, a sort of modern take on medieval life, but post-apocalyptic. If this were the case, my character would probably be a blacksmith and blobkeeper - making weaponry for survivors to use, as well as tending to the blob to create vehicles and utilities.

Do you take blob as payment?

Blob-ster Rancher.

Home, home on the range.
Where the oozles and blob-alopes play.
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word.
And the skies (do not currently) leak acid all day.

My Rat main char opens a wildly successful chain of all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants.
Those with firmer constitutions recommend the zombie burgers, aged haggis, and Tropical Waste Dump Cocktails, and even the pickiest eaters out there rave about the chicken fried moose, triffid casserole , and the massive dessert bar.
Offspring eat free on Tuesdays!
Felines now welcome (by official court ruling of The People vs. Super Chuckwagon, Inc. Appeal pending)

One of my side characters is a park ranger in a wetlands wildlife preserve that used to have a problem with poachers, until a number of them went missing in mysterious circumstances. Which clearly involved alligators and not upstanding post-human officers of the national park service with stylish new leather jackets and boots.

[quote=“scorpion451, post:44, topic:10916”]My Rat main char opens a wildly successful chain of all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants.
Those with firmer constitutions recommend the zombie burgers, aged haggis, and Tropical Waste Dump Cocktails, and even the pickiest eaters out there rave about the chicken fried moose, triffid casserole , and the massive dessert bar.
Offspring eat free on Tuesdays![/quote]

I’m totally asking for a friend, but do you serve creep cuisine?

With a side of fava beans and a nice chianti, of course.

[quote=“Closet Pankin, post:45, topic:10916”][quote=“scorpion451, post:44, topic:10916”]My Rat main char opens a wildly successful chain of all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants.
Offspring eat free on Tuesdays![/quote]

I’m totally asking for a friend, but do you serve creep cuisine?[/quote]

We got that at the Fancy Bar & Grill. Customers require to have a minimum of 13 morale bonus from being fancy, or at least have the pretty trait/mutation.

“Fth fth fth fth fth.”

Integrated into society?!
No no. No no no no no. He’s most likely out hacking missile silos, trying to recreate the good old days.

“Fth fth fth fth fth.”[/quote]

That’s perfect! I tried several ways to represent that sound via text and wasn’t happy with any of them. GG.

Wait? There’s a society on the surface?! My survivor’s got a thriving Dwarf Fortress going on out of an expanded LMOE. There’s booze farms, and booze halls, and booze storage rooms. The only areas not dedicated solely to booze are the weapon crafting rooms, the weapon storage rooms, and the 4 STALKER Supply Chambers attached to the surface access hall, which contain kits for emergency surface disembarkations(Dorfish Plate Armor, Radiation Biomonitors, Gas Masks with extra room for beards, and Artifact Flintlock Rifles).

Only true dorfs allowed, no smooth-faces and knife-eared muties here!

An entire new building had to be made to store my Baneblade. Nobody before the war was ever sane enough to make an impound lot large enough to impound my tank.

I really doubt Johnny would integrate back after seeing the shitty behavior of most survivors and roams the land in the DEATH TRAIN days and nights, blasting hard rock and shooting hmgs into the sky.

[quote=“evilexecutive, post:51, topic:10916”]Wait? There’s a society on the surface?! My survivor’s got a thriving Dwarf Fortress going on out of an expanded LMOE. There’s booze farms, and booze halls, and booze storage rooms. The only areas not dedicated solely to booze are the weapon crafting rooms, the weapon storage rooms, and the 4 STALKER Supply Chambers attached to the surface access hall, which contain kits for emergency surface disembarkations(Dorfish Plate Armor, Radiation Biomonitors, Gas Masks with extra room for beards, and Artifact Flintlock Rifles).

Only true dorfs allowed, no smooth-faces and knife-eared muties here![/quote]

What if I was a rough-faced antler-eared mutie? I like booze and axes are great. I look like tree but I cut down regular tree. Friend???

Edit: I am not elf-racist I just really like dorf booze.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:54, topic:10916”]What if I was a rough-faced antler-eared mutie? I like booze and axes are great. I look like tree but I cut down regular tree. Friend???

Edit: I am not elf-racist I just really like dorf booze.[/quote]

You say you like booze huh? Well, it’s a proven fact that elves can’t enjoy booze, so here. If you can stomach some TRUE DORF BOOZE, then you’re an honorary dorf for the fort.

But what about Cacame? ;w;

[quote=“evilexecutive, post:55, topic:10916”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:54, topic:10916”]What if I was a rough-faced antler-eared mutie? I like booze and axes are great. I look like tree but I cut down regular tree. Friend???

You say you like booze huh? Well, it’s a proven fact that elves can’t enjoy booze, so here. If you can stomach some TRUE DORF BOOZE, then you’re an honorary dorf for the fort.[/quote]

Ahem. My chainsaw-lajatang wielding, shoggoth one-shotting elf mutant begs to differ.

Why of course, King Awemedinade is welcome in any fortress! Including mine! Though I would be greatly honored to let the Elf-king of dwarves in my fortress, I do not think I have adequate booze to truly meet his standards.

[quote=“Azrad, post:57, topic:10916”][quote=“evilexecutive, post:55, topic:10916”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:54, topic:10916”]What if I was a rough-faced antler-eared mutie? I like booze and axes are great. I look like tree but I cut down regular tree. Friend???

You say you like booze huh? Well, it’s a proven fact that elves can’t enjoy booze, so here. If you can stomach some TRUE DORF BOOZE, then you’re an honorary dorf for the fort.[/quote]

Ahem. My chainsaw-lajatang wielding, shoggoth one-shotting elf mutant begs to differ.

Huh, you must be related somehow to Cacame.

We need to fix that “elf mod” that the CDDA documentation has buried away. owo

“Fth fth fth fth fth.”[/quote]

That’s perfect! I tried several ways to represent that sound via text and wasn’t happy with any of them. GG.[/quote]

I have been praised!