[32x32] MSX DEAD PEOPLE Tileset

ah kk thnx, I’ll use Undead than

1 Like

Sunny Mutant Animals fully integrated in tileset btw

Oh No!

9 Likes

Thank you for new updates.

I keep trying to find this Sunny’s Mutant Animals and Insects, but I can find the page it’s from.

It took me surprisingly long to find, but I eventually found it here:

All links to mods I mention can be found here.

1 Like

Um ok so how would I go about making a tile for let’s say a new animal how would I do so?

I am not sure what you want.

Thank you! Dunno why it’s so hard to find, googling just takes me no where.

So how goes the new tile set? The one without the anime looking sprites?

It is not going until some better way to make new tilesets will be created. There were some project about it, but I do not think it is very active now.

2 Likes

That’s a shame, :frowning:
Hope things go well, really enjoy the tileset.

@SomeDeadGuy hey man, just swinging by to say hello. I enjoy playing with your tileset. But recently i saw you were also working on tileset that looked less cartoony, more minimal and smaller(/slimmer?), somewhat more realistic/organic than the current. Really curious, hows that coming along? Is it on full fledged or is it kinda like a side project? I’ll change to that in a heart beat if its released, seemed really cool

there is some work done on new tileset, but now it is on hold
maybe when i will finish adding content from mods to tileset i will switch to working on new tileset
right now i mainly wait for better way to make tilesets
something like this https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/31417
if something like this will be implemented i can greatly optimize DeadPeople and also i can separate stuff what need to be changed for GrimReality and what can be kept from deadpeople.

1 Like

Where can I look up some examples of GrimReality? I normally play with Retrodays, but I use DeadPeople whenever my wife is watching so she can understand what’s happening.

I tried going back to retro, after playing with Dead People, and I just couldn’t do it. Lol

1 Like

To clarify as to why this has been marked as abandoned, and the dead people tileset repo has been taken down and the tilesets have been removed from the base game, because I know people will ask.

There was a tile found that was added way back when to the original mshock tileset ( that has spawned this lineage thats ended up with MSX dead people ) that was taken from a minecraft mod, with no attribution and in potential violation of a license.
The suspicion is that there are perhaps many more tiles that are violations of somebody elses license.

Because it is impossible to know for sure how many were taken, and because there are just so many tiles to check , even if it were possible to check, the correct decision to take is to remove the tilesets from the main repo, until we can be sure it dosnt stomp all over someone elses license.

Retrodays is all original work, some of the other tilesets are based on completely permissive sources iirc, so they stay.

I’m sure someone will mirror MSX dead people and people can still download it and use it if they want, but the project has to strive to abide by all applicable licenses for its content.

Hopefully this may spur efforts towards a community-contributed tileset that is more mshock/deadpeople style for cata that uses all original art, for people who don tlike retrodays or ASCII style.

( as to why somedeadguy removed their repo, that is not us doing that, thats their choice to do that - all Kevin did was remove it from inclusion in the base game files. )

1 Like

This explain why MSX deadpeople (along with other MShock derived tileset) is not in the main repo anymore.

But we don’t know for sure know why SDG also took down his repo, since it’s not his fault that the initial tileset had re used tile. And none of the people involved in cdda accused him of anything or pushed him to stop his work.

Yeah shame

COME BACK PLEASEEEEEEEEE @SomeDeadGuy

wait or he has decided to start a tileset from the ground up and he is wiping the slate clean to start all over again… IN MY DREAMS :frowning:

1 Like

A ‘static’ backup:
https://mega.nz/#!QNxwVA6a!3KUDUed3O4RpE8s-IN4R1TvjZfSfffZ0STxSrfL7zgg
A ‘living’ backup:

4 Likes