[32x32] MSX DEAD PEOPLE Tileset

Tileset was abandoned for personal reasons what have nothing to do with jerky tile copyright shenanigans. But timing of it was really weird, i can see that.

8 Likes

hope every thing is ok with you mate truly do.

1 Like

Sorry to see you go, dude.

1 Like

That blows, I played with ASCII for a long time and finally started using MSX so I didnā€™t need to examine/look at everything. Hopefully one day it makes a comeback as it was my favorite, great work on everything. Dinos looked sweet and actually didnā€™t realize every season had unique vegetation, although I did notice the change to winter for those scenarios (shows you how far I get most the time lol)

2 Likes

Yikes, well that copyright thing was unexpected.
Also lmao that abandonment coincidence

Damn, doesnā€™t the license issue affect a bunch of the tilesets?

the hardest part is to guess who is going to take the torch on being the most updated tilesetter.

Hope everything gets better SDG

3 Likes

MSX, Chesthole, and all the Deadpeople variants are gone now. Iā€™m trying to start an effort to extract SomeDeadGuyā€™s art from the sheet, but that might take a while. If I can do it without going insane first.

There are a lot more tiles than I expected.

2 Likes

i wonder if someone could buy out the copyright or some other things

the tileset that i loved so much, even i put it on my profileā€¦ abandonedā€¦

why not made it 3rd party tileset then?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the snag. We have no idea where the tiles are from. Now that weā€™ve seen evidence that MSX isnā€™t all original work, we have no idea where they might be sourced from.

For all we know the original creators could not be there anymore or something like that

What a tragedy!!! I donā€™t know how to move on!

1 Like

Dangit SDG :sob:
You were my senpai all this time!

5 Likes

Wow, this is a real blow to the tileset makers and sheets. As well as all of the users of them here.

Hope things turn around in your favor SomeDeadGuy, your tilesets were the most favored here.

2 Likes

It does not change anything.

I hope youā€™ll be able to do it, wait, Chesthole and Xottoā€™s tileset is gone completely as well?What kind of crap is thisā€¦

BIG hit on the cataclysm game happening right now! I was a BIG fan of this tileset. :frowning:

Are (literally) dark times coming(!)?

2 Likes

Yea, since they were all based on the same (and now suspect) work.

Yeah I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be updating until something as good as SDGā€™s tilesets come around again or he works on a new setā€¦huge bummer

2 Likes

Yea bummer to see SDG goā€¦ But thnx for all the dedication and work put together for the tileset.

1 Like