What weapons would you like to see in the game?

Ballistic Shield (How to use this thing? Could be worn as clothing, great protection against attacks but shatters fast, or as item, with knockback attack, great block, but low damage, something to push through the horde)

Throwing knives (not sure if someone already proposed it, again, just shooting ideas)

Shurikens

Shoe knife (clothing, like in the movies, would make occasional stabbing damage while fighting unarmed)

Smashed glass bottle (stabbing)

I agree with birdie, more improvised, combination weapons ala Dead Rising and Fallout 3.

I can think of about thirty medieval-like weapons that can be instantly craftable. That means, if it means anything, that there is about five thousand craftable items that could serve the combat purpose in general, and stay durable for what it’s worth. The grim truth is, really, the crafting system must be overhauled subsequently - with generalization of tools that are used in the creating/crafting process. So to guess, if I was to find a hacksaw and a wrench to comply with my hammer, and picked up a pipe or two along with a chain only to combine them with a steel frame, I could make a bunch of stuff. Let’s just say I was to create a brutal, three-headed flail. All the components have their own damage ratios - so how does one combine 'em and not just assume they’re coded in? So I grab a piece of wood for the handle, cut the frame into pieces, grab a screwdriver and punch some holes in it with the hammer, push the metal into the wooden stick, cut the chain into three pieces and make three levers out of the remaining steel frame lefties, make the pipes deadly-edged with the hacksaw and wrap it all up with some wrenching skills. That’s a deadly tool, but how does one determine its damage? Say, a short chain with a lump of steel at the end further reinforced with a pipe makes 22+ bashing dmg, and some piercing added too. But if your blow is delivered three times, or maybe only two - if you have the skill to wield the bastard - what would be the outcome? And that sole weapon can have a dozen of modifications, but there is no in-game routine to help and determine the damage of freely-created tools-o-war.
It’s a b*tch to be asked such a question - but if I was to make, for example, simple darts to help defeating some enemies and use materials that abound, how would the game tell the difference between 'em, and how would it calculate such?

I would like to see throwing knives and a tomahawk.

I havn’t played the game. Would you mind listing, linking or explaining the ones you would like to see?

Well, now that wristwatches are a Thing, I suppose it’s only a matter of time before Q Branch gets its act together and makes useful watches.

Attach a blade to a watch.

I am a fan of knives, so I have two suggestions, easy and hard.
Easy: Kukri, a special forces knife for the Gurkhas and select high ranking individuals. Origins in Nepal.
Hard: Have you ever seen Full Metal Panic (anime)? They had an interesting idea for a knife, monomolecular cutter. Imagine a regular knife, just instead of a sharp edge it had a chain of serrated pieces of metal. So kind of like a mini chain saw, the size of a knife. Maybe battery powered and works like the current chainsaw.

As a sidenote, maybe 1 pipe + 1 chain + Hacksaw + Welder == Nunchucks?

I kinda want to see a fencing foil as a weaker rapier. Mostly just because of the fencer profession I’ve decided to make, just trying to decide how to the foil. Gun wise, I’m all for a flare gun that can start fires and give you some light. A bit on the silly side, but what about a whip that can be used to grab items from 2 or 3 squares away or pull enemies to you? Could also be a hookshot like weapon.

Nunchuks are a good suggestion. I second that one.

It would be funny/cool if at low skill you occasionally hurt yourself while using nunchuks

How about an arrow with a stick of dynamite tied onto it?
Or launching pipebombs with a crossbow?
That’d seem like it’d be pretty cool, assuming you manage to not blow yourself up.

[quote=“pikdome, post:52, topic:2160”]How about an arrow with a stick of dynamite tied onto it?
Or launching pipebombs with a crossbow?
That’d seem like it’d be pretty cool, assuming you manage to not blow yourself up.[/quote]
exploding arrows are already in game, and pipe bombs would be too heavy for a crossbow to shoot effectively

We already have spray paint, how about the option to use it in conjunction with a lighter for some (stupidly dangerous) homebrew flamethrower action?

I remembered. Knuckles! Those filthy, sticky knuckless with pieces of glass.
And the Jabberwock will sh*t her pants.

I havn’t played the game. Would you mind listing, linking or explaining the ones you would like to see?[/quote]

http://deadrising.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Dead_Rising_2:_Off_the_Record_Combo_Weapons

A good number of these would be a bit -too- silly for Cata, probably.
Ones I think could work? And would love to see…

The Sticky Bomb, a lawn dart with a stick of dynamite taped to it.
Hail Mary, a football outfitted with a grenade that explodes on contact, preferably after being thrown a good distance!
Drill Bucket, a bucket with drills connected to a battery stuck through it that turn on as it’s slammed over something’s head.
The Defiler, a sledgehammer with a fire axe taped to it.
Knife gloves, (boxing) gloves with knives taped to 'em!
Boomstick, a long gun with a pitchfork mounted as a bayonet. Shoot or stab!
Dynameat, a hunk of zombie-attracting meat with a stick of dynamite in it. (I doubt this would actually work in Cata… Unless you combined it with zombie pheromones!)
Weed Tendonizer, a weed whacker with four blades on the spinny end! Gasoline powered?
A drill with the bit replaced with a small blade, I know there’s a drill in game already!

Just a few ideas, would make tape a lot more useful if you wanted to make these! :smiley:

Knuckleduster, fist pack, sap gloves, fist load, tekko, punch dagger, cestus, katar.

Basically some weaponry that uses the unarmed combat skill, so folks who want to brawl but don’t have martial arts can still do some real damage.

Thank you again for the suggestions guys. I havn’t updated my new weapons list yet, coz I am still working on a few special ones. I really liked nunchuks as a bashing weapon, and I will definitely add weapons that work with the unarmed skill, mainly being knuckles (with or without spikes, etc.) and I am thinking about adding a fallout-style power-glove or such.

I also want to add a bunch of WW2 weapons as I mentioned before, and some more soviet/STALKER-style weaponry.

The addition is gonna take a while, coz I wan’t to make a big addition at once and make it properly. So don’t expect to see my new weapons in a month or two.

Sorry for bad grammar, I am drunk.

When people say a monomolecular cutter or knife, they usually mean that the knife is a molecule thick for the entire blade. It’s very different from a chainsword or chainknife you would find in FMP or warhammer. They probably just mean that the edge is monomolecular and not the entire thing, which isn’t all that useful to be honest. When you’re cutting metal, it very much depends on how dense and hard the object is and their breaking point much more than how sharp it is.

As for actual monomolecular knives, I caution that we stay away from them. A knife a million molecules thick would still be magnitudes smaller than the thickness of the head of a pin. When you get as small as a molecule, strange things starts to happen. Cutting is an event that mostly happens on the higher tertiary structures that are composed of smaller objects like molecules and atoms. It likely won’t cut, or cut in in a way that wouldn’t count as cutting as we know it, or in a a way that we want.

OK than throw away my perfectly great and awsome idea (sarcasm). But I maintain that a knife sized chainsaw would be fun.