What weapons would you like to see in the game?

You’re actually talking about RL HERE, NO GAMES that features a blade vibrating in an oddly-changing way, and those mini vibrations actually cut metal, wood, anything you want. The TV-Shop item.
But even that isn’t the chainsaw-arm, featured in 3D FPS games. Maybe you can play pretend one is affixed to your elbow, the mini version (20").

We need chainsaw prosthetics!

If CataRivet’s hand gets gnawed off (or she has to amputate it herself because of infection - wouldn’t that be a cool thing to have in the game) I want to be able to go all Evil Dead 2 and slap a modified chainsaw on that nub.

Here is a idea for a weapon: A Sai.

If you have no idea what one is, go watch ninja turtles or look it up.

I’d just like to see a comic for a nunchak-wielding guy facing a 3/4 ton grizzly bear. A warm, welcoming kiss on the cheek, wooden lips; and a warm, embracing paw rushing forth, spilled gut.

…Chainswords.

I’d like to put a vote in for the LeMat revolver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver
Probably not an original model (They’re absurdly rare), but I read somewhere they did make replicas of it at one point, so those could be findable. Maybe even a modernized version using cartridges instead of black powder.

Although come to think of it, I’d really like to see some black-powder weapons in game too. Feh on all these fancy-shmansy modern firearms! Let’s waste some zombies like it’s 1799!

In addition some stuff from Fallout 3
Shishkebob (Although this already has it’s own thread and is being worked on)
Rock-It Launcher (Though I’m willing to bet this would be nearly impossible to code in cata’s engine)
Fat Man (Actually a real thing, but maybe a little overpowered for Cata) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29

And finally we must add this http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?222587-World%92s-Largest-Silencer

Schwerer Gustav

Well why would we need artillery guns? Anyway, I love makeshift weapons and ammo. List, ho! Most of the stuff I’m saying here wil be mostly from the experimental version of cata.

Rivet gun, if that is not in experimental. Plus rivets. I would think of a way to make it automatic, but its about two in the morning.

A way to make a shotgun revolver with a pipe shotgun?

Electric spread. Tape some batteries to a glass flask/bottle and throw it to watch it fry the zeds. At least that’s how I think it works.

An easier way to make Molotovs. Really, you can’t just shove a rag into an already existing bottle filled with liquor?

Trident.

Galva knuckles! Kind of. Attach some batteries and wire to some steel knuckles and any kind of glove.

Electric armor for the non CBMs. Same concept as the galva knuckles, but must run off of a UPS. Must make scrap armor as a prerequisite, though.

Pillows.

Thats all for now, folks.

Why not artillery? I’ve already got an armored monster truck that resembles the Landkreuzer P 1500 Monster so why not?

Bigger guns are better, right? So the biggest guns must be the best!

[sub]None of my posts in here have been serious, in case it’s not already obvious.[/sub]

To be honest I was just being silly with the silenced howitzer although I would like to see some more vehicle-mounted heavy ordinance in-game. I also like the idea of putting sais (Is sais the multiple of sai? sais’? sia’s? I have no idea.) I’m not sure how to implement them correctly in game though; a sai is a defensive weapon made to block and disarm opponents using edged weapons like swords, which I don’t think any zombies use currently. We’d need a special Weapon_Block action that specifically applied to incoming weapon attacks, not all attacks in general. These would be great for when NPCs are fixed though!

I like Funsize Ninja’s ideas.

I’m glad someone likes them. More stuff!

Marbles for sling/slingshot/pneumatic guns. Maybe traps.

T-shirt launcher, retasked for shooting rocks or baseballs.

Baseballs, use them in conjunction with a baseball bat and have those zeds be stunned!

Glowstick arrows! Kind of saw this somewhere else here, but I don’t remember. They will make enemys visible in the dark.

Re-naming the electric spread to electric bomb. But spread sounds cool. Opinions?

Legos. For traps. You know what to do.

I’ve always wanted to take on throwing, but I never had any dedicated throwing knives. Steak knives won’t cut it. Punny.

Acid sprayer. Take a two by four, tape a glass bottle full of acid on it, connect a hose, make a crude trigger and grip out of spare metal, put a funnel on it and voila!

Did I mention saw blade launcher?

Remote controlled bomb. Tape some c4 o to an rc car and drive into a horde. Must be visible for t to work,

A toy store will be a good place to put some of the things I’m mentioning.

Yay for things, right?

The BFG 9000. Guess what BFG means. Hint: It’s a Big Fucking Gun. That shoots balls of compressed plasma.

Re Ninja: Are you talking about the UT99 Ripper when you say “saw blade launcher”, by any chance?

Seeing how there is futuristic material in the game, how about this http://world.guns.ru/machine/usa/xm214-microgun-e.html

for those of us who are completely insane and don’t mind ridiculously massive recoil and weight.

I’d also like to request this.
Without the spells, obviously, just the transforming part.

By the god that ripper looks cool. I want the ripper from dead space, but that is not gonna happen. Or the transforming rod.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:63, topic:2160”]Here is a idea for a weapon: A Sai.

If you have no idea what one is, go watch ninja turtles or look it up.[/quote]

A Sai would be an utterly terrible weapon against zombies though. It’s a baton. It’s not sharp. It’s good for parrying incoming weapon strikes etc but against something trying to bite you? Bleh.

But hey I came up with something else.

The Zeliska .600 Nitro Express revolver.

You know you want this. Just look at it. It’s beautiful.

What about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet the ammo and the gun would be really hard to find but would it be a pistol rocket launcher. you could possibly make the ammo from model rocket engines or homemade ones, or possibly firework rockets. Then we can have homemade launchers!

Homemade rocket launchers!

This sounds like the most suicidal awesome idea ever!

I want! But only if they come with a risk of blowing up in your hands when fired.