What weapons would you like to see in the game?

I think it would be nice to have more variety with both guns and melee weapons. You can never have enough weapons, right?

I’ll take any requests for weapons, as long as it’s not anything too absurd. I’m trying to make the values realistic.

So far I have added (list updated 10.7.):

AK-74
AKS-74
AKS-74U
RPK
RPK-74
Dragunov SVD
SVDS
L85
M60
Mosin-Nagant M91/30
FAMAS F1
Glock 18
Sig 550
Makarov PM

&

5.45x39mm 5N7
5.45x39mm 7N10
7.62x54mmR 7N1
7.62x54mmR 7N13

Will be adding a bunch more before publishing.

I will also try to do some rebalancing between the weapons. Some values are very unrealistic compared to others atm (a shotgun can weigh the same as a pistol etc.).

PS. after this my goal will be to add more career-choises.

Well Um, I Would Like To See A PPSH,PPSH-41 Added Alongside With A Mosin Nagant

A military pick.
A lighter mace.
Fire Axe
Golf club
Quarter staff
Nerve gas
At least two or three different two handed swords.
Some type of short sword
Flails
Caltrops
Dumb bells

Some bull pup firearms would be nice, especially if they’re located only in the police station locked armories.

How about some throwing weapons?

Small throwing knives, darts, or shurikens could be found/produced in stacks and take up very little volume, but rely on really high skill to do meaningful damage.
Throwing clubs could be cumbersome, but easy to produce/survival-based and moderately powerful.
Throwing axes could be really powerful, but difficult to find/produce.
More exotic stuff just for fun and flavor, like hand torpedos, flying guillotines, chakrams, etc.

You have my wholehearted support, sir.

Flare and SalmonGod - yes and yes.

• knuckle dusters
    would be nice to add for unarmed strikes, and if we want to throw in some nails for spiked knuckle dusters, then why not?

• spud gun
    used to fire rocks and, well, potatoes. a good early survivor cannon. pipe - pilot light - duct tape. for fuel i guess the butane from spray cans?

and i know it won’t be great against zombies but just for the flair: whips.
i want a bullwhip and a fedora when i go exploring spiral caverns.

I’d like to see:

Sig-550
Makarov
Glock 21

What about some futuristic melee weapons?

Vibroblades (very, very sharp, very fragile) in knife and sword varieties
Monomolecular whips (again very sharp, very fragile)

And guns:
Smartguns (increased accuracy if you have the accompanying CBM installed)
EMP rifles
Bolt Rifles (shoot electricity)

Or, if you have some fancy way of implementing it: CornerShot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CornerShot

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys, keep them coming. I’ll try to get to them ASAP and do everything my skills allow me to do.

PPSH seems to exist already. I added mosin-nagant. I’ll probably add a bunch of other WW2-weapons.

some type of flamethrower. maybe one you can mount on a car. then you can drive through town and burn the whole thing down.

I like the idea of larger guns you can mount on cars. Like the kind of high speed machine gun/cannons you see in military helicopters.

We could go sci-fi and add a lightsaber.

I would not be so hasty to suggest powerful futuristic weaponry. The people who design the monsters to balance things out usually gets the last laugh in most cases…

I’d personally like to see:

Using existing ammo:
Smith & Wesson Model 29
FN FNX-45 Tactical (aka Tac-45)
Beretta M93 Raffica
Beretta 92FS
Browning Hi-Power
M3A1 “Grease Gun”
M1A1 Thompson
M1 Garand
M1918 BAR
MP-40
Walther P38
M16A1
M16A4 (3-round-burst)
H&K UMP-40
Springfield M1903
Winchester Model 1866
Winchester Model 1887
Kel-Tec PLR16 (technically a handgun)
Webley Mk. VI
Sawn-off Model 1887 (we have a sawn-off Saiga-12)

Needs new ammo:
Colt Python
Winchester Model 1894
Colt Peacemaker
Barrett M107
Accuracy International AS-50
PTRD
PTRS-41
Desert Eagle .50 AE
M1 Carbine
Lee-Enfiend No. 4 Mk. 1
Karabiner 98k
StG-44

New ammo required:
.357 Magnum
.50 BMG/12.7x99mm NATO and
14.5x114mm
.50 Action Express
.30 Carbine
.303 British
7.92x57mm Mauser
7.92x33mm Kurz

I would recommend making the M107, the AS-50, and the PTRD and their appropriate ammo very difficult to find (perhaps a really rare find in an LMOE shelter or a house basement)

Yeah, I know it’s a lot, but I’m a history geek and a huge gun nut. And I like variety :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and by the way…

You can never have enough weapons, right?
That is a dangerous question to ask, sometimes

I think any weapons made before 1960 should only be found as antiques/collectors items. It would be kind of silly to see a Thompson sub-machine gun along side plasma rifles…

[quote=“youtoo, post:10, topic:2160”]some type of flamethrower. maybe one you can mount on a car. then you can drive through town and burn the whole thing down.

I like the idea of larger guns you can mount on cars. Like the kind of high speed machine gun/cannons you see in military helicopters.

We could go sci-fi and add a lightsaber.[/quote]

No lightsabers, please.

Flamethrowers are already in the game. You can even build your own with high enough mechanics + firearms skill.

There are plenty of reproductions of the Peacemaker and various Winchester rifles circulating about, due to the popularity of Cowboy Action Shooting. My idea was to have the Peacemaker and Winchester '94 as reproductions in .357 Magnum and the Winchester '66 as a reproduction in .44 Magnum.

But yes, it would be rather strange to find, for example, an M3 submachine-gun in the same loot pile as a plasma rifle.

I’ve been thinking about a Longsword & Cutlass to go with the Rapier. Thinking about the same damage as the machete/broadsword, but better block or precision attack?

Whip would be nifty but I imagine certain posters might take it the wrong way.

Throwing blades would be nice, as would punching weapons.

Spud gun seems like a dual-ammo system, similar to the stuff that draws off UPS.

It’s the future. I want future weapons.

How about one of those grenade machine guns? The problem would be finding enough 40mm to fire it for any good length of time.

flamethrowers are already a thing

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:18, topic:2160”]How about one of those grenade machine guns? The problem would be finding enough 40mm to fire it for any good length of time.[/quote]I’m pretty sure they’re also fairly heavy and bulky to carry, and difficult to fire from one’s hands. Sure, they might seem plausible, but they’d be too heavy and too difficult to maintain (consider the difficulty involved in finding more than 16 of a single type of 40mm rounds) to be considered for long-term practical use.

I’ve also came up with a few melee weapons, too:

Bowie knife, slightly more damaging, but slightly heavier than a combat knife
Trench spike, good piercing damage but extremely rare
Pry bar, same function as a crowbar but makes a worse weapon

… And my mind just went blank there… I’ll edit when they come back to me