What weapons would you like to see in the game?

Off for the weekend, gonna get back to adding weapons on monday. Keep suggestions coming, I probably won’t do everything but I’ll do the ones I find to be good additions.

[quote=“BadSniper, post:20, topic:2160”][quote=“TheGrifter, post:18, topic:2160”]How about one of those grenade machine guns? The problem would be finding enough 40mm to fire it for any good length of time.[/quote]I’m pretty sure they’re also fairly heavy and bulky to carry, and difficult to fire from one’s hands. Sure, they might seem plausible, but they’d be too heavy and too difficult to maintain[/quote]What are you talking about when you say grenade machine guns, something like the Mk19? Well yeah, it weighs more than 70 pounds.

On the other hand, I’m not sure if the Milkor MGL is implemented. It’s a six-shot revolver-type grenade launcher that’s a bit bulky but light enough for use as a personal weapon.

Melee:
Kukri (phillipinese knife-sword)
Sabre (like the ones from Civil war)
Trench knife (knife+knuckledusters in one, could make you deliver alternating stabbing and punching damage, and can’t be pulled out of hand, unless they break your fingers)

Guns:
CZ line of pistols (love 'em)
Skorpion (small smg)
Panzerfaust and/or Bazooka along with really rare ammo for them (they should be collector stuff I guess)
FAMAS (bullpup french rifle)
Dragunov sniper rifle
Barrett cal. 50 (that’s ought to put down anything)
Old time single action Wild west revolver… Samuel Colt for the win!

We need more rifles… I’m out of ideas.

Thrown:
High explosive grenade
White phosphor grenade
I guess I can’t add good old german potato masher… the charge would probably be useless if it’s in future

Explosives:
Claymore mine - arm, plant front toward enemy :slight_smile:
Nuclear bomb. I’m not kidding. I WANT TO MAKE MY OWN APOCALYPSE.
Semtex charge
Thermite charge - very special sort, could be used to cut through something which can’t be cut. Reminds me that jackhammer would destroy its tip while smashing metal doors, or your dude would bounce for an hour, that’s sort of unrealistic. I love this stuff, really, it cuts everything. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite
Home made shrapnel grenade with really weak explosive power (like one tile) and produces a rain of shrapnel that showers and shreds anything standing near

Might come up with more stuff. I love things that maim, destroy and explode.

If I have some already proposed weapons, don’t mind it, I didn’t stole them, just shooting ideas out of my head.

[quote=“Morrigi, post:22, topic:2160”][quote=“BadSniper, post:20, topic:2160”][quote=“TheGrifter, post:18, topic:2160”]How about one of those grenade machine guns? The problem would be finding enough 40mm to fire it for any good length of time.[/quote]I’m pretty sure they’re also fairly heavy and bulky to carry, and difficult to fire from one’s hands. Sure, they might seem plausible, but they’d be too heavy and too difficult to maintain[/quote]What are you talking about when you say grenade machine guns, something like the Mk19? Well yeah, it weighs more than 70 pounds.

On the other hand, I’m not sure if the Milkor MGL is implemented. It’s a six-shot revolver-type grenade launcher that’s a bit bulky but light enough for use as a personal weapon.[/quote]

Found two of them, yup they are implemented

[quote=“Morrigi, post:22, topic:2160”][quote=“BadSniper, post:20, topic:2160”][quote=“TheGrifter, post:18, topic:2160”]How about one of those grenade machine guns? The problem would be finding enough 40mm to fire it for any good length of time.[/quote]I’m pretty sure they’re also fairly heavy and bulky to carry, and difficult to fire from one’s hands. Sure, they might seem plausible, but they’d be too heavy and too difficult to maintain[/quote]What are you talking about when you say grenade machine guns, something like the Mk19? Well yeah, it weighs more than 70 pounds.

On the other hand, I’m not sure if the Milkor MGL is implemented. It’s a six-shot revolver-type grenade launcher that’s a bit bulky but light enough for use as a personal weapon.[/quote]Yep, the Milkor MGL is implemented into the game.

While the MGL may also be bulky, I could stuff one into my rucksack IRL and probably not have many problems. However, if I tried to shove a Mk. 19 into the same rucksack, I’d either damage the launcher, or rip the bag wide open.

More sniper rifles and scopes, a bipod would be awesome as well.

Define sniper rifle.
With the game as is, there’s no difference between a “sniper rifle” and a normal rifle.

Perhaps there should be a new color for “sniper rifle” in addition to the other guns’ colors to distinguish them from normal rifles.

Define sniper rifle.
With the game as is, there’s no difference between a “sniper rifle” and a normal rifle.[/quote]

I’d say a rifle with a pre-attached scope.

Define sniper rifle.
With the game as is, there’s no difference between a “sniper rifle” and a normal rifle.[/quote]

I’d say a rifle with a pre-attached scope.[/quote]

What gameplay difference would that make?

I read Sonny wanted to make a nuclear bomb and I suddenly remember way back when Whales was developing the game that there was this bug where you burn a book and then a wall of flames would continuously expand from the epicentre for an incredibly long time. I think it was generally big enough to swallow several towns.

And while it probably won’t be a weapon, I would very much like to see some sort of reward in the harder dungeons that looks like an occult book and does exactly this.

Razor Whips

High Frequency Blades (The blade resonates at high frequency allowing for extremely fast slashes when used by highly dexterous individuals COUGH RAIDEN IN MGS COUGH)

Mini-gun

Tactical Nuke (RUN!!)

Predator Drones (With hackable vision)

Helicopters

[quote=“Flare, post:31, topic:2160”]I read Sonny wanted to make a nuclear bomb and I suddenly remember way back when Whales was developing the game that there was this bug where you burn a book and then a wall of flames would continuously expand from the epicentre for an incredibly long time. I think it was generally big enough to swallow several towns.

And while it probably won’t be a weapon, I would very much like to see some sort of reward in the harder dungeons that looks like an occult book and does exactly this.[/quote]

I imagine it rarely spawning in soon-to-be military bases, heavily guarded by some tankbots and locked behind godknowshowmanydoors. It wouldn’t be for combat, unless you’d make a quick drop off in the middle of town, fire it up then hightail it with some fast vehicle, but for satisfaction of our destructive tastes, it’s best thing… I even made up an item description for it:

[spoiler]Sign on this oval shaped device says: "Devastator MkII Nuclear Bomb - Grade Tactical weapon of mass destruction. Use unauthorized by government is forbidden. To activate:

1. Break red glass box
  2. Remove both keys
  3. Insert both keys in yellow locks
  4. Simultaneously turn right
    After completing steps 1-4, continue according to to Mass Destruction Weapons Manual, page 8, paragraph 3 (immediate evacuation)"

Or:
You’re afraid to even look at it, your heart starts to beat rapidly and knees shake when you realize the destruction such thing can cause. Only a complete loony, insane maniac with suicidal tendencies or someone who’s reasons are known only to him would think about setting it off. If you, however, are one of these cases and plan to activate it, be warned. Blast from this device will most likely level a big city, so don’t expect to outrun it on feet.[/spoiler]

[quote=“jakobtawhoe, post:32, topic:2160”]Mini-gun[/quote]How would that work? Think about the weight.

A standard US Army M4 Carbine weighs about 6 pounds, while being represented in-game with a weight value of around 34-36.

A typical M134 minigun weighs about 200 pounds IRL. Try putting that weight into game values.

Besides, the M134 fires .308-type ammunition, which is found in small amounts of 20 at a time, and is not all that common somtimes. If you’re firing 3,000 rounds per minute (or about 100 rounds per in-game burst, perhaps), where’s all your ammo gonna go?

Mounted on your vehicle, obviously.

Handguns:
Flare-gun
Makeshift Zip-gun

Rifles:
AK-12
Heckler & Koch G11

Melee:
Medieval Battle Axe
Non-makeshift Halberd (If they aren’t in yet, the wiki doesn’t list them)
Naginata
Tonfa/Nightstick
Flamberge
That smaller shovel used in trenches from WW1 and WW2

Would a prototype mini-minigun that uses 9mm bullets be too absurd?

What about something along the lines of X-Com’s Auto-cannon and the Heavy Cannon?

Ah-nold could carry one unaided; not sure about firing the thing. I know Jesse Ventura needed a crane for his shots in Predator–it was a major project for him, but he finally managed to fire it unassisted.

But neither of them had Hydraulic Muscles…

(Besides, this is the Gun-Loving C+ Future. Syndicate miniguns, anyone?)

[quote=“BadSniper, post:34, topic:2160”][quote=“jakobtawhoe, post:32, topic:2160”]Mini-gun[/quote]How would that work? Think about the weight.

A standard US Army M4 Carbine weighs about 6 pounds, while being represented in-game with a weight value of around 34-36.

A typical M134 minigun weighs about 200 pounds IRL. Try putting that weight into game values.

Besides, the M134 fires .308-type ammunition, which is found in small amounts of 20 at a time, and is not all that common somtimes. If you’re firing 3,000 rounds per minute (or about 100 rounds per in-game burst, perhaps), where’s all your ammo gonna go?[/quote]

alright so triple the weight in game of the average in-game M4 carbine or what have you, instead of backpacks you get a Mini-Gun Ammo pack, which needs to be worn on the back to reload the mini-gun.

Mini-Gun Ammo Pack (######) <— Rounds

I mean this guy seems to do alright:

Obviously this is a great weapon for those who dump all their points into strength and live deep in horde territory, as for finding weapon ammunition, there is military stockpiles present. It’s one of the incentives to go exploring.

Please add.

MINI-GUNS

Weapons:
AA-12
Xm307(Deploys like a funnel activate to mount it and shoot. Could also work with sniper rifles and machine guns on bi/tripods.)
Gatling Gun/Mini gun
Naginata
Laser/Plasma/Fusion/Phase/Vibro/Light blades/swords/sabre/polearm

Mods:
Drum magazines that come in two different flavors: Single drum and double drum. One for pistols, shotguns, and rifles.

Any number of the combo weapons you can make in Dead Rising would be fun additions. First thing that comes to my mind is attaching something sharp to boxing gloves for making stabby use of the unarmed skill!

[sub]PS. Add boxing gloves[/sub]