What was my ban reason?

Bandemonium :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully not a bandemic.

4 Likes

i love that this was marked as the solution

Little update, I heard through the grapevine that OP was unhappy with their performance, they knew they could do better, so they joined the Aurora4X discordā€¦
slingring

So that went well, WTF.

11 Likes

If nothing else, admire his consistent adherence to character.

1 Like

This is approaching meth-guy levels of spectacle.
Fascinating.

Indeed, itā€™s a level of focus and dedication only a true master would posses!

ā€œChannel discipline is easy:so are mutesā€
ā€œMutes are still easy if channel discipline is till apparently hardā€

These reasons are as priceless are this guy himself. :rofl:

Reminder to myself: If you read this topic again, get popcornā€¦

ā€¦ Just what in the worldā€¦?!
Ok. This has to be a troll.
Unless either Cataclysm or Aurora changed massively or Iā€™ve mixed it up with something, there is no way one can be seen as a copy of the other. I think one of the few things they share is that they are both (great) gamesā€¦ Yeah, thatā€™s probably itā€¦

1 Like

I have a strong suspicion this gentleman may be 15 or underā€¦ not sure how I could possibly come to that conclusion \s

Iā€™ve (and most of my friends too) behaved better than that, even at an earlier age (or at least thatā€™s how I remember; I hope I did). Sadly, as also shown by the ongoing crisis outside right now, this kind of behavior is not bound to a specific age.
Letā€™s not discriminate based on age, Iā€™m sure we have some users in this forum of that age group who know how to act civil and give their best :smiley: . Thank you!

2 Likes

My 6 year old behaves better, age isnt an excuse.

2 Likes

Brief update to the SlingRing Saga.
They managed to acquire an alt that evaded the IP ban on discord and they lasted two comments before being muted because they were insulting and threatening a moderator, then they revealed they were a SlingRing alt while appealing the mute. I have no words.

2 Likes

Some people enjoy being a spectacle I guess

Damn it, I forgot the popcorn!

Thank you for keeping us up to date. Was that on the official discord orā€¦
the other one, a third one, theres one with thousands of members?

Wait, didnā€™t s-/he state at some point that s-/he changed and deserved a ā€œsecondā€ chance? Because that does not look like a change or a well used second chance by anyā€¦ uhā€¦ chance.

Canā€™t they just go into politics where this behavior might be considered normal :smirk: ?

The official one that has thousands of members.

3 Likes

To me he seem more likely to be a troll than someone frustated.

Just verifying, are there any other reports of him getting banned from servers? Bit of a crossover here, but we just banned them multiple times (with their 4 alts) on the RimWorld Discord lul.

EDIT: They also got yeeted from one of our spinoff mod discords in May!

4 Likes

Eyy, havenā€™t talked to you in many moons. Iā€™m looking over the discord history now, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever understand what he was on about up to the point where I presume alts got involved.

Glad to see Rimworld is still as weird as ever.

Thereā€™s one from Aurora 4xā€¦
Google brought up this one: Slingring discord ban - Discord Ban Appeals - BeeStation
And discord ban - /tg/Station 13, which was a kick, not a ban (yet).
Project Zomboid also has a discord, and seeing their behavior on the forum, they might also have received a ban thereā€¦

Iā€™m not up to date, but Iā€™d imagine that s-/he might got her- or himself banned on bay12games too? Just a feelingā€¦

Also, I just found - what I have to assume is his/her - Steam profile. Thatā€™s a wild mix of games s-/he hasā€¦
Almost 6 hours in Amorous? Thatā€™sā€¦ unexpected. (After reading a bit more on other topics though, maybe not that unexpectedā€¦)

1 Like