What are some bionics you've always wanted to see?

internal fridge that keeps food in your inventory cold/frozen maybe have an option to select temperature level and a volume cap

How could it be internal and cool food stored externally? Shenanigans.

same way items are stored in pockets/backpacks

That is genuinely inventive. I’ve always thought of internal storage as some hole in a body, not a pocket under the skin. Interesting concept.

1 Like

i meant actual POCKETS, as inventory isn’t split into individual pockets.

internal storage would be a hole, maybe also add skin pockets for small items/concealment?
my idea was an internal fridge similar to internal storage but with freezing added at cost of power, and maybe have a separate storage/inventory. i dunno maybe activate the bionic and you’d get a menu similar to holstering weapons, where you can choose to either turn on/off, set temperature level, or access storage that opens some transfer screen between player inventory/fridge contents.

i’m from romania and people here drink tons and there’s this meme truck mechanic man and one day i sketched a cyborg version of him and though of an internal fridge with a glass door inside his stomach lol for keeping beer cool!

Something about “Skin pockets” just gives me the heebie jeebies… no clue why. Maybe ive been watching too much monsters inside me lol

1 Like

opens cyberpunk 2020 reference book
well, i have very long list here…

2 Likes

Miniature Solar Panels CBM. When standing in sunlight, one could recharge bionic power.

They were removed because they were unrealistic power-wise and replaced by solar backpack.

1 Like

Rail Gun that acts as it is supposed to imply. A gun. Not a junk chucker. Was tickled pink to find one until I read it chucks crap…I was not amused =(

Hmm, could mod it in I think. Nothing but changing the ammunition, range and damage I think.

1 Like

Mantis Blades CBM: Slower attack speed than the monomolecular blade but able to scythe through multiple opponents in a sweeping arc.

Integrated modular arm, much like with the bionic shotgun the modular arm can store Rivtech 8x40 caseless weapons, SMG’s/shotguns and assault rifles. Perhaps in aiding balance the weapons needs to be unloaded before being stored in the arm since it still uses full sized magazines.

Some sort of middle ground low light vision CBM. Night vision is a rare find outside of starting with it in character creation. Perhaps upgrading the integrated night vision CBM to be like the one used in the high end combat armor, but with less overall visible distance and making the Night vision more common.

Which brings me to a way of gaining CBM’s beyond doctors’ offices, labs, banks and electronics shops. With the introduction of Sybil’s Cyber Boutique, either as a heavily fortified shop within the heart of a major city or as a hidden location in which the player can trade in unwanted CBM’s in exchange for more desired items and CBM’s.

Second Stage upgrade to Time Dilation CBM so you can set how much time/power you want to dilate.

Anyone ever mention a Robocop leg holster for pistols?

2 Likes

Animal legs bionic, takes time to activate, but moving is generally faster at the cost of not being able to hold anything while it is activated, and a small stamina cost. Sprinting would have by far the highest speed, but also the highest stamina cost. Probably going like 60 mph but only for about a couple tiles.

1 Like

Yea i did a little while back.

Stasis field projector: Traps a single targeted enemy within melee range in a stasis field for 12 seconds. They cannot do anything while trapped.

Stasis field emitter: Slows down everything within melee range to half their speed for as long as active. This includes projectiles and explosive waves, essentially lowering their damage but not completely removing it.

maybe a CBM that teleports you either to the surface or up or down a z-level? using most if not all of your bionic power of course.

Narcan pump CBM. Rescues you from overdose and/or initial abuse if addiction is detected. For rockstars, obviously.

Blood-doping CBM. Bonus stamina regenfor a certain time duration, but costs a minor hit in stamina and hunger for a certain period of time to prime.

Neurostim-Pacifier CBM. For killer drive folks/excons, whenever they’re detected having violent thoughts, triggers what’s essentially the “relaxation gas” effect in them.

Neurostim-Antipsychosis CBM. Activate for thorazine effects, but with randomized, major side effects.

i don’t know if this is already exist or not, but i want to see CBM that gives animal-like ability to the user like bat-like night vision, cat-like hearing, etc