What are some bionics you've always wanted to see?

How about a CBM that gives you all the tools needed for cooking.

Self-heating cooking hand, built in cutlery, food processor, etc etc etc.

All within one compact set. Like a cooking buddy, but it’s apart of you.

a Typhoon system from Deus Ex would be dope. Or a Jetpack. Maybe a EOD CBM that gives a 100% chance of disarming traps/explosives.

Unless there is something special about cat hearing the enhanced hearing CBM probably covers that, there isn’t anything like a bats echolocation though (as far as I know anyways).

hearing CBM covers that, maybe CBM that enhance speed like cheetah, or gives its user water-breathing ability like fish.

there’s so many potential about CBM, and upcoming game named Cyberpunk 2077 has rumour that they will implement CBM that can turn player into cybernetic furry.

Sonar-vision would be useless unless you can’t see or we have a way to close our eyes without sleeping in the game, but having it should generate visual input based on the echoes of sounds and vibrations through materials. Meaning that if something makes a sound then the game would use its loudness mechanic to generate a field of vision around that sound source and would relay visual information based on how that sound interacts with the world. If you make a step and that step has a loudness of 2, then you would be able to see for a 2-tile radius around you, and even if you can’t see something off in the distance by sight, if they make a sound, they will generate a sound radius around them which the player could use to generate visual input. The player could even smash the ground if they want to generate a greater field of view for themselves. The mutation good-hearing, or the cbm enhanced-hearing, would help by increading the range and accuracy by which the player can generate these sound-based visuals.

The closest visual example I can give for this is here, skip to 1:20 if you want:

Now that my opinion on that is out of the way, it would be nice to have a cbm that allows you to jump really high or far distances. Mostly to get onto and get from roof to roof, but I’m sure some other applications are applicable like jumping out of the middle of a horde or something.

2 Likes

I’d like to see an arm-integrated ballistic weapon of some sort, like the Fusion Blaster Arm but smaller, much weaker, and without sacrificing the use of both arms.

Like the Shotgun Arm CBM?

I wasn’t aware there was one, let me check the wiki.

It says it’s a single shot weapon, basically an integrated holdout weapon. I was more thinking about something you could use in place of the weapons you’d find or upgrade.