Warfare Package

A plethora of new equipment for the martially minded. Use them well, my lovelies.

Git! ~ Note: This package has now been merged into the mainline.

Contents:

New bionics!
CBM: Muscle Augmentation - Increase your strength with a constant boost.
CBM: Wired Reflexes - Increases your dexterity with a constant boost.
CBM: Cerebral Booster - Increases your intelligence with a constant boost.

New gun mods!
ported barrel - Works on everything. Reduces recoil in exchange for more noise and a bit of lost accuracy.
ergonomic pistol grip - Works only on handguns. Improves recoil and accuracy by a small amount in exchange for extra mass.
adjustable stock - Works on everything except handguns. Improves recoil and accuracy by a small amount in exchange for extra mass.
pistol stock - Works only on handguns. Improves recoil and accuracy by a small amount in exchange for extra mass

New military gear!
army jacket - We were conspicuously lacking one of these handy things.

New SWAT gear! - The riot police zombies now have some proper equipment.
SWAT armor - Modern riot armor that covers your upper and lower body. Boots, gloves, and headgear not included.
tactical helmet - Modern bulletproof helmet, lighter than an army helmet. Intimidating black color.

Craftable survivor armor! - Protects you from the elements as well as from monsters. Must be made by the player.
light survivor suit - The lightest of the three has the most storage space.
survivor suit - The standard suit has the best environmental protection and good all around stats.
heavy survivor suit - The heavy suit has the least storage but offers the best protection.

New caseless firearms! - To make better use of a very versatile caliber.
RM88 battle rifle - This beast of an automatic rifle hearkens back to the days of the BAR, except this time it’s a caseless, flesh shredding cannon.
RM2000 submachine gun - It may be smaller and lighter than the other caseless automatics, but don’t underestimate this little devil.

AND IF YOU ACT NOW YOU’LL GET ALL THIS EXTRA STUFF FOR FREE*:

Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, cheese and canned cheese, ketchup recipes, hamburger and cheeseburger recipes, and three new skill books for the new fabrication skill!**

*Note: Cataclysm:DDA is always free.
**Note: Contained in other recent PRs.

I saw that. Suitably impressed.

Wasn’t quite clear on the survivor suits–probably because I was too lazy to scroll. Those are upgraded SWAT gear, more or less?

Basically, yes. Upgraded SWAT armor or kevlar vest, coupled with added pouches and bags and a homemade armored environmental protection suit. The perfect response for when the entire world is trying to kill you. Comes in varying levels of protection/weight.

They’re intended to protect you from hostile creatures and people as well as the myriad hostile environments so common after the apocalypse. Just add footwear, gloves, and headgear to customize.

Awesome!

Ooh, this seems neat. For the CBMs, are he permanent boosts like the mutations or something you activate and drain power with?

Permanent boosts. No power cost.

Perception already had a +2 permanent boost bionic called Diamond Cornea so these are just equivalent ones for the other three stats.

[quote=“Rivet, post:6, topic:2774”]Permanent boosts. No power cost.

Perception already had a +2 permanent boost bionic called Diamond Cornea so these are just equivalent ones for the other three stats.[/quote]

Uh, Diamond Cornea is technically an equipment boost: PE goes green rather than grey once you install it, and it seems to block the Compound Eyes mutation. Not sure whether that’s intended or how it might affect yours. Sorry.

They work exactly the same way as it does, just on different attributes.

OK. That shouldn’t affect the generic upgrade-mutations, though I’d be curious how Wired Reflexes* and Tentacle Arms interact.

*Shadowrun was a pretty good franchise, wasn’t it?

[quote=“KA101, post:9, topic:2774”]OK. That shouldn’t affect the generic upgrade-mutations, though I’d be curious how Wired Reflexes* and Tentacle Arms interact.

*Shadowrun was a pretty good franchise, wasn’t it?[/quote]
I was about to ask if Wired Reflexes was already in the game, but then I remembered that I’ve been playing Shadowrun Returns too :stuck_out_tongue: I would however like to see more Shadowrun stuff. Forehead mounted guns please. Maybe even bionics that mimic some mutations, like how shadowrun had Horns for changelings and as an aug. Of course, that made more sense with metahumans and stuff.

Shadowrun shenanigans aside, great stuff. I can finally have that military jacket for October too :stuck_out_tongue: Might need to modify it to be FLUFFIER though.

I like this idea. A lot.

I like.

Also, if you’re going to make caseless ammo…

That would fit in nicely with an Aliens M56 Smartgun being added to the game, which I am hoping someone will do…

It might not be self-aiming, but you should check out the new caseless battle rifle. It’s so deadly that it’s probably a war crime to even own one.

Very nice work. I Think this should probably be rolled into main.

pssssst that happened yesterday

Nope it’s still not yet merged.

Two other PRs of mine have been in the last few days, but we’re still waiting on this one.

It’s only a matter of time (and not much of that). I’ve been swamped lately or else this would be in already.

All requested modifications have been implemented. It’s ready for another check.

Yea it looks good, but I can only merge on evenings and weekends.

Hey, just a quick check: can Rivtech gear be disassembled for cleaning, etc by the end user? Not sure if there’s some proprietary pieces in it that require all units to be sealed before they leave the factory.

(Totally nothing to do with this comment over on the Drawing Board.)