Warfare Package

Oh, well, this is simply fabulous.

> some of this shit was supposed by me in some of the threads
My pride itches a little

Nope as it currently stands Rivtech gear can’t be disassembled.

Perhaps one day we’ll get some sort of weapons assembly/disassembly thing going, in which case we can represent that they’re made of really futuristic parts and materials that might be capable of being used for other purposes.

For now they’re basically just super rare projectile weapons on technological par with the directed energy weapons already present in the game.

I think there should be a rudimentary gun crafting system.
Taking apart a pistol will give you…
pistol barrel
pistol firing mechanism
pistol sights
pistol mag feeder (meaning it will accept pistol mags only, no idea whats it called irl)
pistol grip (Can work as attachment, right?)
Taking apart a shotgun will give you…
shotgun barrel
shotgun loading port
shotgun firing mechanism
shotgun pump (forgot what its called)
shotgun grip
shotgun sights
Taking apart a smg will give you…
SMG barrel
SMG firing mechanism (basically will allow you to go burst)
SMG grip
SMG sights
SMG mag feeder
Taking apart a rifle will give you…
rifle barrel
rifle firing mechanism (meaning full auto. Why is that not a firing option?)
rifle grip
rifle sights
rifle mag feeder

Forgive me gun nuts if I missed anything. This will allow people to make a rifle with a pistol grip with a SMG mag thingy with a shotgun barrel. This might be terrible idea to everyone else. But I like it!

Forgive me gun nuts if I missed anything. This will allow people to make a rifle with a pistol grip with a SMG mag thingy with a shotgun barrel. This might be terrible idea to everyone else. But I like it!

So you’re going to either put shotgun shells in to a (most likely) 9mm magazine, or you’re going to fire 9mm rounds from a barrel in a shotgun caliber…

Either way it doesn’t make sense.

Dang it, forgot about that. Well… you could make a rifle with a pistol grip and a SMG mech. And for that shotgun part, why don’t we have an under and over barrel? Like connect a shotgun loading port with the SMG mag feeder… oh forget it. I’m not that much of a gun person.

You can do something like that. Someone stripped out the lower parts of an M16 (or similar weapon) and put in a 12 gauge loading port, firing chamber etc, resulting in a chain fed fully automatic shotgun.

[quote=“Clayton, post:24, topic:2774”]

So you’re going to either put shotgun shells in to a (most likely) 9mm magazine, or you’re going to fire 9mm rounds from a barrel in a shotgun caliber…

Either way it doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

Hey, don’t go knocking the H&K A101* I had Aya put together in Parasite Eve. Patently unrealistic firearms have their moments, too.

*G3 rechambered for 12-guage tranqulizer-tipped flechette rounds, three-shot burst capability, and a ~33-rd mag. Don’t ask what happened once I ground out a DE50AE and climbed up to the Cyanide launcher…

We had that discussion on the Bay12forum, and one issue is that you’d need hundreds of different parts to prevent someone from disassembling an USP 9mm and reassembling it into a Glock19. That, or make it so people cannot reassemble “real” firearms.