TL;DR Working on gasmask mod again and it will be better this time, framework already done and tested but on old experimental version, let me know if this is still a good idea. No links yet, sorry.
I know I posted only once or a few times, if anyone remembers my ‘Gas mask and NBC suit rework’ thread, and it seems that my efforts have disappeared into the mist, but it only seems that way. I may also post in The Toolbox section, because I honestly have no idea what I’m doing. I’m learning though, and you will be able to tell an improvement in the quality of it. The mod last time was very proto stage and unpolished, didn’t work the way I wanted it to.
I have been working on this mod intensively, mainly reworking my messy code and trying to slim it down into packs of various things. Breaking it up from a single megamod into small standalone modpacks, for NATO gasmasks, WP gasmasks, military surplus SCBA, hazmat suits, handmade/survivor masks, as well as a modpack for craftable and discoverable bugout bags that have gasmasks inside. Also a megamod that includes all of this together so you don’t have to download ten different things.
It’s easy to get sidetracked from this project and wind up working on other mods. If it is interesting enough I will try to get it finished soon. I have a lot of completed mini mods that add various stuff, if anyone is interested, like handloaded silver bullets, 40mm and throwable fungicidal grenades, that sort of thing.
Anyway, I fixed the issue of the masks not deactivating when filters are used up. Now the filter drops off the mask when it’s used up, making a smoother action. If I could assign a hotkey to swap filter or attach new, that would be ideal. That will be a separate thread in the Toolbox section I suppose though, a lot of things I want to do with this mod, I’m not exactly sure how to implement.
I have to redo the entire crafting trees for the components, since fixing the main issue broke the crafting in a different way. Also have to add the survival, XL, and handmade versions masks. plus some balancing. As soon as that is done, I will be releasing a base mod test using the GP-5 gas mask, although I have been testing it extensively myself.
For a few experimental builds it was broken completely, I have been testing it on 6706, but I just got latest experimental (7782 at time of this post) and will see if it breaks anything I have done so far.