What's your preferred kit?

Weapon/armor/storage type stuff.

This isn’t about what you carry in your bags, it’s what you wear and use to fight.

[spoiler=Rivet’s favorite kit.]

It’s taken a long time and a lot of work, but this is what I wear to battle.

It’s a little warm on hot summer days, like the one I took these screencaps on, but the protection and all those pockets are totally worth it.[/spoiler]

Whats up with the * around the things? I haven’t updated yet, taking time off from Cata.

It indicates that I’ve written stuff on them with a magic marker.

I do it to draw my own attention to them in my inventory for different reasons.

What mods you running?

Wait, I’ve never used the marker. What does it do other than write on stuff?

No mods, just the current experimental build.

Figured.

I see encumbrance has been dropped down a bunch?

Just that. It writes on items or on the ground.

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:7, topic:3284”]Figured.

I see encumbrance has been dropped down a bunch?[/quote]

All of it that can be fitted, is. It’s an incredibly careful balancing act.

I’ve chosen each piece of equipment specifically to maximize protection and storage while specifically keeping encumbrance to an absolute minimum.

My preferred Kitsune is a red fox with a star on the forehead.

My preferred equipment is steeltoed boots, cargo pantsx2, army jacket, monocle, top hat, fanny packx2, duffel bag, krav maga, assault rifle, an umbrella, and a shopping cart train (3 long).

Whenever an enemy closes into melee range I drop my duffel bag into the shopping cart and punch their face off, if they’re particularly nasty or robotic I’ll use the assault rifle or its attached grenade launcher.

If it looks really bad, I pull some LAWs, C4, and mininukes out of my shopping cart.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:10, topic:3284”]My preferred equipment is steeltoed boots, cargo pantsx2, army jacket, monocle, top hat, fanny packx2, duffel bag, krav maga, assault rifle, an umbrella, and a shopping cart train (3 long).

Whenever an enemy closes into melee range I drop my duffel bag into the shopping cart and punch their face off, if they’re particularly nasty or robotic I’ll use the assault rifle or its attached grenade launcher.

If it looks really bad, I pull some LAWs, C4, and mininukes out of my shopping cart.[/quote]

Mininukes? So far I’ve only managed to use those as last-stand fireworks.

It’s winter currently but here’s the kit. It’s worth mentioning I’ve reinforced everything, but didn’t feel like typing that on everything. As for why there’s random crap carved into it I’m sending the “World” to a friend after each death and I thought it’d be funny.

Combat Boots, Full
Socks
Wrist watch
Tactical gloves (With my best guess as to my kill-count written on it, currently 371)
Heavy Survivor Suit (With my name on it of course.)
2x Tool Belts
Fanny Pack (With a Dwarf Fortress reference carved into it.)
2x Kevlar Vests (Name again)
2x Holsters
2x Drop Leg Pouches
2x Hard Leg Guards (Bad joke on each)
2x Hard Arm Guards (More bad jokes)
2x Tactical Dump Pouches
Scarf
Sunglasses
Ballistic Glasses
Knit Hat
Tactical Helmet
2x Backpacks
2x Leather Backpacks
2x Military Rucksack

Yes, the Encumberance is as scary as it sounds.

Think i should try those pouch n pack n bags. I’m always lacks volume cause of my “REAL” hoarding trailt.:b

all cloth/leather wears reinforced

Glove liners
Fingerless gloves
Light gloves

Sneakers
Steeltoed boots

Cargo shorts
Cargo pants x 2
Army pants

Backpack x 2
Tool belt
Army jacket
Under armor
Hard arm guard

Army helmet
Ballistic glasses
Filter mask(always on)

Holster x 2
Wrist watch
Gold ring(for bling)

w - broadsword

With all of this i get 156 volume and it seems quite good protection.
But it’s also quite hot at summer(especially leg part.) and little cumbersome.
I think sneakers can’t wear with other footwear but this time maybe lucky?:smiley:

I haven’t played in a while; distracted by other games atm, but I do know I had fallen into a routine in the previous versions, and barring significant changes, it’s highly likely I’ll follow the same 1-2 process.

Weapon: Knife Spear
Clothing:
HEAD: Baseball Cap (or equivalent non-encumbering head), Army Helmet
FACE: Sunglasses, filter mask
HAND: Glove Liners, leather gloves
ARM: None
TORSO: 2x underarmor, 2x T-shirt, utility vest
LEG: long underwear, army pants
FEET: socks, boots
OTHER: Any and all non-encumbering bags.
NON-COMBAT: 2x military rucksack, 2x backpack

All reinforced, all fitted unless impossible. Watch may or may not be present. I’m not too miffed about knowing the time.

DAMN YOU RIVET, you did my topic but better.

Here’s what I’ve got, (minor update compared to last thread).

Storage is ~150, no idea why warmth is displaying all low, (the torso alone should be 40+, figured I’d have to do something about it when summer hit).

Also have a helm liner for winter, and primary weapons are a broadsword & reflex recurve bow. Also have a vector & a remington on my foldable bike, along wth a raincoat for when I get caught in the rain.
Will be replacing that broadsword with a katana any day now, but haven’t been assed to make a charcoal kiln/forge, (I’m a stickler for rp, not going to make a katana with an electric forge).
Thank fuck I went & found a json editor, else that katana would be impossible to keep tucked away.

How?

Just dismantle another shopping cart & install the same parts on the original.

Wow, these new changes on armor encumbrance really shook the mid game around a bit. Before, I’d go with:

(reinforced/fitted when applicable)
tank-top, trenchcoat, military rucksack
glove liners, fingerless gloves
a pair of army pants
steel-toed boots
2 fanny packs
2 tactical dump pouches
a tactical helmet
a wrist watch

This set-up allowed for as much storage with minimal encumbrance (About 180 volume, with only a level 2 torso encumbrance and nothing else), the obvious flaw being a lack of protection vs attacks. I also carried around a rain coat and filter mask to deal with environmental hazards on the fly, and in long tours in science lab I’d also wear an army jacket and utility vest for 1 extra torso encumbrance. I never carried around gear that only provided protection otherwise, except in a few fringe cases where I’d wear a kevlar vest stored in my super-truck to deal with a turret.

That changes if when I manage to find a full set of power armor and hauling frame, with accompanying power armor bionics and power storage to go with that.

EDIT: Oh, and weapons. I always start as archer and stay that way for a good portion of the game. Even a reflex recurve bow works great at close range with only 8 str. I switch to Fusion Arm Blaster and Wolverine claws (or just broadsword if I can’t find that) when I become a cyborg later.

I usually maintain 0 encumbrance and wield a solid melee weapon. I’m kind of super anal about encumbrance, I won’t let it go higher than 1 at the most. I usually craft a trenchcoat because they have a good coverage, warmth and storage balance and stick to messenger bags for that 0 encumbrance. Damage protection doesn’t matter if you don’t let anything hit you.

you should not be able to get your encumbrance as low as the OP got his even with a great sewing skill. that is way overpowered.

Doubling up on the slotless items is kinda silly. Didn’t know you could do that. The rest is just wacky OP cheese. Either encumberance is totally broken or those pieces of equipment aren’t balanced properly.

Anyway…

Currently wearing (all fitted and reinforced as can be)
Tactical Helmet
Survivor Mask
Eyeglasses (near-sighted)
Survivor Vest
Army Jacket
Elbow Pads
Tactical Gloves
Army Pants
Knee Pads
Steeltoed Boots
Military Rucksack
Fanny Pack
Holster
Wrist Watch

I have around 130 something volume (maybe? I don’t remember) but more importantly I’m super resilient to damage. I stepped on a landmine and all it did was cut my pants and scrape me a little bit. I run up and punch turrets and robots to bits. When they explode in my face I just laugh and repair my kit.