Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)

The Slingshot cannon, Scorpion, Spear Turret, and Grenade launcher have the longest range.
Energy weapons have significantly lower range than the above, but still fairly high.
The burst weapons excluding the HMG (Gatling, Autospear, Storm bolter, Avalanche, Dual/Quad SMG/Nail) have moderate range. Due to the guns converging on a singular point.
The flamethrowers have the lowest range, about 5-6 tiles. They’re best used as a defensive measure, as they create a wall of flames that’ll slaughter incoming zombies, but you probably don’t want to drive though.

Just remember that damage dropoff for turrets is significant, a slingshot cannon can 2-3 shot a hulk with rocks, but will do little more than scratch it at max range.

Oh wait, it says the range on the turret item itself. That is a very useful feature and one I will remember. I think I will mount an NX-17 Energy turret on the Solar Roller’s roof for all-around coverage.

Heads up, gun stats just got a rework. I remember offering to do a PR for this, but it’d slipped my mind til now. Update it with the latest gun stats (dispersion got a rework, as did recoil), and I’ll submit it as a PR, though I can’t promise it will be approved.

Careful! the NX-17 can fire explosive projectiles at random. Bit of a Hazard if you’ve a large vehicle.

I had to stop driving and get out to clear a helicopter crash because I couldn’t drive through it and I couldn’t drive around it. While clearing it out I found a laser turret and a pair of binoculars. I already had 4 high-quality lenses, so I took the turret and binoculars apart and made myself a Beam turret. It sits proudly on the top of my vehicle and now I have a turret that can hit things behind me.

He’s talking about the mod’s energy turret, which is just a straight projectile, available at a lower energy cost. The Beam array turret IS explosive though, so that does apply there.

Okay, so here’s the new changes, mostly adjustments:
Until I can fix the fact that flamethrower turrets fire explosive shots no matter what flags I add; I removed the differing burst ratios. Now they use less gasoline the higher their “tier”.
Stat re-balance for all turrets. Particularly ammo storage.
Splinterguns can now use BBs as well as metal fragments. (Note: Try disassembling landmines).

Note that this does NOT replace vanilla turrets.

I am very glad I installed a beam turret on my car.

So here I am, fighting off a near-endless horde. I turned the turrets on in my car and went off a little way to kill zombies. Well, I’m just far enough from my car that zombies near it can’t see me. The beam turret is killing zombies approaching from the south. The explosions attract more zombies to the spot where the shot landed. The beam turret shoots those zombies. It’s a cycle of glorious destruction and gore.

Upon updating to the latest experimental and version of the mod, the game spits out several errors upon being loaded.

And several of these:

There was a rework of gun stats, and I don’t think this has been updated yet.

Well, I took a look and it seemed to be a fairly simple addition.

I haven’t had much time to balance it, but I went and gave it a quick once over so it should be workable.

Link is in the OP, as per usual.

You, sir, are a damn awesome hunk of awesomeness. If you didn’t see my earlier post I love this, I want to have it’s babies and I have already begun the process of studding your post apocalyptic turrets all over my beloved rolling slaughterbox.

The canbomb is still missing, but all other errors are gone. Thank you for the quick fix!

Okay, I think I have this worked out now.

[ul][li]Tweaked the dispersion stats.[/li]
[li]All turrets (excluding ripper) are now foldable. The volume of folded turrets vary between turrets.[/li]
[li]Turrets are color coded. Single-shots are brown, explosive turrets are red, energy turrets are blue (Beam cannon is magenta due to being explosive and energy).[/li]
[li]Energy turret’s power cost tweaked.[/li]
[li]Ripper can be mounted as a protrusion (Ripper) or as a turret (shredder). The shredder lacks the ripper’s ram damage, but has 3x more ammo storage.[/li]
[li]Energy turrets have a built-in battery mount.[/li]
[li]Explosive canister changed. It’s got a bigger bang, but also costs more to make. Also fixed id error so it should appear correctly.[/li]
[li]Fire canister costs less due to lowered effect. Inferno canisters added as an “Oh crap” alternative.[/li]
[li]Serrated discs are the ripper/shredder alternative to bladed discs. Takes less time, but also much less damage. However, you can fit 3 for every 1 bladed disc.[/li]
[li]Tesla Tower damage reduced.[/li]
[li]Beam Cannon uses more power.[/li][/ul]

As always, OP has the latest download link.

nice

Went ahead and submitted that PR for you as mentioned a few weeks ago.

Thank you muchly, Joker.
Alright, it looks like this mod is more or less complete. I may add more or tweak some things, but that’s about it.

Now to work on the next one.

Well, adding it to the disassembly recipe and having robots drop ammo would make facing a tankbot somewhat worthwhile. However, it’s doubtful that even a heavy duty frame would be able to handle the recoil, and the gun itself has a huge explosion radius, there’s a very good chance that your vehicle will be in it.

The name of the game here is “practicality”, and I’m fairly certain mounting a 4000DMG + 800AP to kill ~100hp enemies would fall smack-dab in the middle of Awesome, but Impractical.

Still, If enough people ask for it, I don’t see why I shouldn’t to add it. Though I doubt it’ll make it to mainline if it did. Still, if it does make it as a mod for the mainline game, that’s still plenty.

By all means, one of the reasons I haven’t PR’d it is because I never did gitgud.[/quote]

You got a Git account? There are some 500 "Blaze"s on Git so understandably difficult to throw something to credit you in the PR.

You can just stick a little comment to credit me in there if you want. If that’s too intrusive, just put “Contributed by CataclysmDDA community” somewhere.

If you could PM or email one of us an email address that would be ideal. Name + email is the standard for identification.

There’s a few things that could use tweaking in there btw. Check the pull request for comments.