Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)

Now it’s giving me ‘the world uses an unknown mod: blazemod’ errors. Also, all my turret frames and such are ‘undefined-turretframe’.

EDIT: Disregard this post, I dun fucked up but I fixed it.

Now what we need is a car part that grabs any stones it passes over, smashes them into pebbles and drops them in the hopper.

Changed a few more things, I think it’s pretty much set unless someone else has more ideas or the new update will add more features…

Changes:
Canister gun/mortar replaced by Slingshot cannon. Slingshot cannon expands the utility by being able to use both the canister launcher’s ammo and more common ammunition such as rocks and pool balls (Which can be reused). Lead balls also can be made for even more punch.
Rocks/Pool balls are now ammo (Doesn’t affect anything else).
Added Avalanche turret (Pebble)
Added armor types Rebar reinforcement (Light and weak, meant for conserving weight by lightening armor load on internal sections) and shock absorbers (Uses springs, between steel plating and hard plating in terms of weight/durability).
Made the M2 Browning more ammo-efficient (This affects existing vehicles).
Nerfed splintergun a bit.

Why is dis not in the mainline as a mod yet?

anybody saw a tank bot? his 120mm gun will look nice on a car ammo will be only problem (rare spawn at bunkers?)

Sure and it’ll fire it at targets one tile away from your car, sound good?

(In other words, the bots are designed to not let that gun fall into enemy hands.)

This looks amazing. I don’t know why I haven’t added it into my game yet. Any chance of this being added into mainline or at least an included mod?

Because poor Blaze is overworked and under-Git’d so no PR. :frowning:

Blaze, once the stable drops, I’d be more than happy to submit a PR for you so more people can experience the joy. All credit (and praise) would go to you, but that way it’d be in there. KA, does that mean you all would consider mainlining it if it was submitted? Also, is it better to do larger features like this as a mod first? I’ve had a few systems in mind that could use work[sup]1[/sup], but I didn’t want to jump into anything too much and have the effort be wasted.

[sup]1[/sup] Farming/growing (probably more of a PR), the Construction Vehicle idea I posted (though that will take a while), a possible mech mod (seems to be a well liked idea, but I’m dubious how it’d work for canon), folding vehicles (Likely a PR, needs balance tweaking)…I just need to more time to code. Most times I’m posting here I’m on my phone AFK, but I’d rather be coding.

Well, adding it to the disassembly recipe and having robots drop ammo would make facing a tankbot somewhat worthwhile. However, it’s doubtful that even a heavy duty frame would be able to handle the recoil, and the gun itself has a huge explosion radius, there’s a very good chance that your vehicle will be in it.

The name of the game here is “practicality”, and I’m fairly certain mounting a 4000DMG + 800AP to kill ~100hp enemies would fall smack-dab in the middle of Awesome, but Impractical.

Still, If enough people ask for it, I don’t see why I shouldn’t to add it. Though I doubt it’ll make it to mainline if it did. Still, if it does make it as a mod for the mainline game, that’s still plenty.

By all means, one of the reasons I haven’t PR’d it is because I never did gitgud.

Autofiring 120mm would probably be a bad idea (you’d kill yourself).
I don’t know how possible this is in-code, but how about a fixed-position cannon? (It’s the only way you’d manage to mount a gun like that anyway). Set an orientation when you install it, like a headlight. Fire it from the vehicle controls menu, and it shoots in a straight line in the direction the gun is mounted.

[quote=“The Lone Badger, post:31, topic:7616”]Autofiring 120mm would probably be a bad idea (you’d kill yourself).
I don’t know how possible this is in-code, but how about a fixed-position cannon? (It’s the only way you’d manage to mount a gun like that anyway). Set an orientation when you install it, like a headlight. Fire it from the vehicle controls menu, and it shoots in a straight line in the direction the gun is mounted.[/quote]
Major code overhaul

What turrets essentially do is create an NPC wielding that weapon and letting that NPC shoot. So fixing that would mean diving into NPC code, which I consider a hands-off zone.

There’s some new burst-fire code in yesterday’s experimental that changed burst mechanics, but it also meant they’ll shoot at you if they run out of valid targets mid-burst. So update if that happens.

Some new code also makes gasoline powered turrets explosive no matter what you do; so be wary of using the flamethrower turrets until it’s addressed.

Now excuse me while I try to figure out a way to weaponize sand.

Melt it with an internal furnace and fire globs of molten glass at things?

Sand gun that fires large amounts of sand that blinds and stuns enemies?

A sand blaster for killing your enemies layer by layer.

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:32, topic:7616”][quote=“The Lone Badger, post:31, topic:7616”]Autofiring 120mm would probably be a bad idea (you’d kill yourself).
I don’t know how possible this is in-code, but how about a fixed-position cannon? (It’s the only way you’d manage to mount a gun like that anyway). Set an orientation when you install it, like a headlight. Fire it from the vehicle controls menu, and it shoots in a straight line in the direction the gun is mounted.[/quote]
Major code overhaul[/quote]
I don’t think it’d be as bad as you think. Yes it spawns a NPC to fire the gun, but where it’s aiming is handled by the turret AI code.
Check out https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/10056, I hacked the tank cannon AI to fire at the vehicle instead of the player.

if tankbot will fire at center of vehicle creating bike like this

@HHHHHHH will make player immune to tank bot fire? (no is not long its wide with seat on edge)

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:38, topic:7616”]if tankbot will fire at center of vehicle creating bike like this

@HHHHHHH will make player immune to tank bot fire? (no is not long its wide with seat on edge)[/quote]

Makes the shots noticeably more survivable. Unless (in your case) the tank’s on your left, at which point you’re screwed. :wink:

Which turret has the most range?