Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)

So my mod has been sitting on the backburner for quite some time, but now it’s been updated for the current versions.

Currently, turrets are… a bit lacking. Stick a flamethrower on your car with duct tape and instant turret, which blows up your car on most occasions… There’s also the fact that current turrets are highly inefficient, with the HMGs throwing out 25-30 rare and expensive bullets at a single enemy no matter what you do.

All recipes for this mod should appear in the parts/other tab; excluding ammunition of course.

In addition to vanilla weapons, there are additional parts added by this mod such as:
NX-17 Pulse Rifle, Battery (Manual/Auto)
Pulse Laser, Battery (Manual/Auto)
Turbolaser Cannon, Battery (Manual/Auto)
Laser cannon, Battery (Manual/Auto)
Needler, nail (Manual/Auto)
Perforator, nail+battery (Manual/Auto)
Tesla cannon, battery (Manual/Auto)
Scorpion, ballista bolts (Manual/Auto)
Slingshot Cannon, rocks/canisters (Manual/Auto)
Harpoon launcher, harpoons (Manual only)
Rotary Harpoon gun, harpoons (Manual/Auto)
Avalanche rifle, pebbles (Manual/Auto)
Storm bolter, crossbow bolts (Manual/Auto)
Rotary Cannon, flintlock ammo (Manual/Auto)
Splintergun, BB/shards+battery (Manual/Auto)
Hypervelocity Driver, metal rails+battery (Manual/Auto)
Ripper, serrated discs+engine power (Manual/Auto)
And then there are a few other things that you can make out of things such as vortex stones and blob globs…

Vanilla turrets have been altered, they are now all manually controlled (Though you can mount them on a turret chassis to make them automatic).

Non-turret changes:
Armor plating can be mounted externally as rams.
Wire baskets, shopping cart baskets, and cargo carriers can be mounted externally.
Little/Small metal tanks can also carry water.
Smaller/little tanks hold more.
Smaller electric engines are a bit stronger.
“Wiring” acts as a cheap frame and breaks very easily; though it only takes 1 wire to make. It’s meant for stationary bases.
Rocks/Pool balls are now ammo (Doesn’t affect anything else).
Armor types Rebar reinforcement (Light and weak, meant for conserving weight by lightening armor load on internal sections) and shock absorbers (Uses springs, between steel plating and hard plating in terms of weight/durability).
Ammunition racks can store ammo, which can be used by all applicable guns. Install one and re"f"ill it like gasoline.

A warning, the energy turrets will drain your power fairly quickly if they’re left firing continually. They’re mostly meant for vehicles with lots of battery and solar panels or stationary bases, linked to a solar grid.

If you’d like to test it out: https://www.mediafire.com/?6s5o526zowgsumn
Mega link:

https://mega.nz/#!iQFAlQBb!-ddvsndTfc15n_KfbyON9ZV3znYm0ZBqS5VtYJzQ6zE

Most heavy weapons can be simply mounted on a vehicle, but they’ll be limited to manual fire only. However, if you craft a turret chassis, you can then mount weapons on it to make it automatic. Most vanilla weapons can also be mounted to make them turrets. Don’t forget to turn them on in the vehicle menu.

If you want to use an old world, do the above, then transfer the mods.json from the new world folder into your old world folder.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

ERRR MMEERRRR GEEEERRDDD

I LOVE IT

Why hasn’t this hit the PR hopper?

That’s THE question.

You may want to use the “Mountable” tag on the dual, quad, and so on turrets so that people can’t use the quad SMGs in-hand.

On a related note, there’s already a mounted Grenade launcher, the Mark 19.

[spoiler=Mark 19 Grenade Launcher Item] {
“id”: “mark19”,
“type”: “GUN”,
“symbol”: “(”,
“color”: “dark_gray”,
“name”: “Mark 19 grenade launcher”,
“description”: “A heavy, tripod-mounted belt-fed grenade launcher used by the US Military since the start of the cold war all the way to the cataclysm, and if you can find some 40mm grenades, maybe even beyond.”,
“price”: 1650000,
“material”: “hardsteel”,
“flags”: [“MODE_BURST”, “MOUNTED_GUN”],
“skill”: “launcher”,
“ammo”: “40mm”,
“weight”: 30844,
“volume”: 16,
“bashing”: 14,
“cutting”: 0,
“to_hit”: -1,
“ranged_damage”: 1,
“range”: 30,
“dispersion”: 12,
“recoil”: 18,
“durability”: 8,
“burst”: 10,
“clip_size”: 80,
“reload”: 800,
“valid_mod_locations”: [[ “accessories”, 4 ],[ “barrel”, 1 ],[ “bore”, 1 ],[ “sights”, 1 ],[ “mechanism”, 4 ],[ “muzzle”, 1 ],[ “sights”, 1 ]]
},[/item]

Regardless, if you found a way to make turrets not destroy the vehicle congrats.

these turrets fire like vanilia or player can control what turrent fire at chossen target?

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:7616”]ERRR MMEERRRR GEEEERRDDD

I LOVE IT[/quote]
I knew you would.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:5, topic:7616”]You may want to use the “Mountable” tag on the dual, quad, and so on turrets so that people can’t use the quad SMGs in-hand.

On a related note, there’s already a mounted Grenade launcher, the Mark 19.[/quote]
Must be a new addition. In any case, these turrets have 0 clip size so can only be fired when mounted.
The Mark 19 is burst 10, and my grenade launcher can be made from the much more common single-shot GLs, so there’s a place for both.

Unfortunately no, I tried that and ended up scrapping it.

Made a few more changes:
Armor plating can be mounted externally as rams.
Wire baskets, shopping cart baskets, and cargo carriers can be mounted externally.
Little/Small metal tanks can also carry water.
You can mount corpses as rams, they break quickly and fall off when broken.

The link is the same, and I’ll keep updating it as I work things out.

WHAT YES

I would use this mod if I didn’t have to switch worlds again to do it.

Simply unzip that into your "mods" folder in game/data/mods and then enable the mod "Vehicle Additions Pack" and any other mods you want. Then generate the world.

If you want to use an old world, do the above, then transfer the mods.json from the new world folder into your old world folder.

KICKASS

I’ll put some energy turrets on the back of the Solar Roller VI!

[quote=“Blaze, post:7, topic:7616”][quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:5, topic:7616”]You may want to use the “Mountable” tag on the dual, quad, and so on turrets so that people can’t use the quad SMGs in-hand.

On a related note, there’s already a mounted Grenade launcher, the Mark 19.[/quote]
Must be a new addition. In any case, these turrets have 0 clip size so can only be fired when mounted.
The Mark 19 is burst 10, and my grenade launcher can be made from the much more common single-shot GLs, so there’s a place for both.[/quote]
Having been the one who added the Mark 19 I can tell you it’s been around for quite some time :wink: (…Though I forgot to add the APCs and Humvees with them to the spawn list… XD)

Still, this should probably be added, not a mod.

[quote=“Blaze, post:9, topic:7616”]

Simply unzip that into your “mods” folder in game/data/mods and then enable the mod “Vehicle Additions Pack” and any other mods you want. Then generate the world.

[/quote]

Or just edit mods.json with Notepad.

I find that it occasionally doesn’t work for some reason. Maybe it’s a formatting error or something.

Was talking about the mounted tag actually.

[quote=“Blaze, post:13, topic:7616”]I find that it occasionally doesn’t work for some reason. Maybe it’s a formatting error or something.

Was talking about the mounted tag actually.[/quote]

Notepad can mess up file extensions and otherwise cause format problems, yeah. N++ is the way to go.

MOUNTED has been in for as long as the M2. Easy to miss it as it’s only for that and the Mk19.

Can you make it so that the gatling cannon turret can be crafted with chunks and lumps of steel instead of just scrap metal? I like to keep my steel in lumps, and I would rather not have to take them all apart into scrap metal.

That’s simple enough, I also added support for the acetylene torch for all recipes. The scrap vs chunk vs lump formula isn’t precise, so you’ll lose metal if you don’t disassemble all the way. I added didn’t add lumps to all recipes that use scrap, usually where the amount of metal between chunks and lumps was too high.

Canister launchers can now launch modified mininukes if you’re so inclined.
Buffed corpse ram slightly.
Grenade Launcher turrets can now carry 8 shots. Still only launches a single one per turn.
Scorpion and Spear launcher have increased damage.
Fuel efficiency of all flamethrower turrets has been improved.
Added mounted Ripper. It works like a spike or a blade, but more powerful and taxes your engine instead of draining power. If loaded with additional bladed disks, it will launch them into enemies. It’s mounted as a protrusion; so it doesn’t need to be mounted on a frame (its recipe requires a heavy duty frame though). Only holds a single disk. It will still deal ram damage even when not loaded (It carries its own disk). Still needs testing so it may not work fully; seems fine on my end.

As always, the link in the OP is always updated with the latest version.

Loading a save in the release candidate gives these errors:

Then three more like this one with ‘2xnailer’, ‘bolter’, and ‘splintergun’. Those items are the only turrets I have on my vehicle.

Ooh, cascade JSON parsing error! :slight_smile: You can destroy the whole game with one of those in the right place!

I merged a rebar recipe into mainline, so it and/or the mod recipe will–as the error message says-- need an “id_suffix” to play nicely together. Just add (foe example)

"id_suffix" : "Blaze's",

to the mod and/or

"id_suffix" : "mainline",

to the mainline recipe entries, and that should fix 'em right up.

Oof, I’ll fix that quick. I’ve reuploaded the quick fix, link on the OP.

Haven’t had much time to add more, due to being busy with work, I’ll probably add a few more things before trying to figure out how to pull a request.

Hey, these are totally awesome (well, the dual nail turret and the ripper, which is all i’ve built so far). I really like the post-apocalyptic ‘use whatever scrap you can find’ brand of ammo and they’re actually as or more effective (sorry!) than the vanilla turrets, as well as being more interesting to craft and scavenge for. I spent 3 damn days making chains for that ripper… I better find some Z’s to mulch pretty quick or I’m going to have to tear it off of Kermie and hit monsters with it to get my feels out!
Very nice work I’m excited about spotting a gazillion turrets around my rig and watching monsters explode.