Ultica Tileset update thread

Yeah, last time I checked his link in hos post… It still got you the newest version.

I’m not going to just run a desaturating filter on it if that’s what you consider gritty.

Personally I’d say this art style is way more realistic and generally “gritty”

Further examples

7 Likes

Worth it. I don’t need a battle fortress to enjoy the game but not having vehicles look as great as everything else would be too jarring.

That zombie cop is incredible.

1 Like

Further examples

You vs the guy she told you not to worry about

2 Likes

lol :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

I like how much this tileset gives the game a different vibe to it. Would make me feel like i was playing an old pc game from the 90s.

1 Like

This tileset is amazing! Masterfully done, really. Keep going, it’s absolutely worthy of efforts you’re putting in it. I enjoyed finding its beta version in experimental build. The tileset definitely brings something wonderful to the game. Thank you!

1 Like

hi guys! back again after a long time due to work and pandemic. so i bought a bluetooth keyboard and been dying to play cdda again. just a quick question. is this included in latest android version? thank you in advance :smiley:

This should be included in both the latest android stable and experimental, yes.

but it has been updated?.i remember the last update was like in February no?

Yes.

1 Like

perfect! thank you. this is gonna be rad.

is there a way to download it in a separate way?, im currently playing a prenested containers version

You could download the newest version, and take the tileset from there. I don’t know of a way to download it separately.

You can download the latest build per commit here:

1. Click on the green arrow of the most top commit.
  2. Then CI Build > Details.
  3. You’ll need to find small Artifacts drop-out menu, then download build from there.
  4. Install it as described in README.md
1 Like

I’ll make another official release shortly

3 Likes

Coming along real nice. It’s borderline playable already.

You might want to add an unknown tile ID because it sometimes prevents worldgen for research lab starts currently. Although having such tiles generated at all seems like a worldgen problem to begin with so eh.

I’ve experimented some time with trying to make a Blender compositor for your style guide and here is a proof of concept:

Not the best model to show color reduction, I’ll make a different one later. The .blend file available upon request.

Edit:
WIP Bulletin board: bulletin_board_32px (at least need a shadow to be adequate)
My main goal here is to test creating tiles with Blender, feel free to reject the idea and/or images.

4 Likes

That looks really interesting! There’s nothing wrong with pixel art via 3D if that’s how you work, although our orthographic projection is not actually an accurate 3d representation so it could be tricky. I’ll have to open that board up on a real comp and look closer

2 Likes

Update: I was able to produce a reasonably good blender 32px template, available in the Discord chat (can’t upload here).

Better color reduction (posterization) node group taken from this answer by aliasguru.
Example renders:
plbarrelhacksaw_solidify_0.3m_filter0.5 wrench wrench2_freestyle_filter0.5 laptop_green flare_gun dress_shirt_worn guitar_z90_filter0.25 peach horse_z45

Update: https://github.com/int-ua/blender-pixelart

1 Like