Tileset project

Maybe the most wildly stick you can make, with the string attached to it.

I thought it was supposed to be a bow made especially for its user and looked badass or something…Or maybe i was dreaming. lol. Also, what programs are you guys using, cause Paint freaking sucks.

Oh, i am using the most awesome software ever, wich was made specifically to make tiles and yeah i use paint.

But to make the BKG tiles i use Tile Studio, wich lets you to see how the tile melts with others of the same kind. Kinda hard to explain.

If you are going to download it tell me.

I use GIMP! It’s a bit hard to get into and understand at first, but it has incredible potential! Plus, it’s free!

I like it for pixel art because it gives me zooming capabilities to set up the perfect “view” to work. It’s extremely useful for making these sprites in the 15x15 because I can be close enough to see each pixel, but give a broader view at a moments notice and see how they would look in game.

Lurker turned design. Woo!

Those are my attempts at some of the other objects (poppy flower, locker, fridge). I just used the metal floor for the fridge and the locker, though I could just make those png files with not background. Are they good enough to put on the google page?

Edit
So I continued with some more designs and realized I should have been using the layer function of GIMP… So these next ones are with the floor tile or without it.

Last edit for the night

Another fridge with all three forms. I don’t like my first one, but what do you guys think?

@Mr.Bananza: Are those bushes in the second spoiler’d section? They look nice :smiley:

Question to all: Do you think it would be easier to work with separate background and foreground tiles, with the foreground tiles having a transparent background, or a single tile that overwrites the background at a location? I can see the benefit of both approaches and would like to know what you, the actual artists, think would work best.

Nice fridges, especial like how your putting the behind different backgrounds, although i wish there were an easy way to get rid of them so that we can just layer them over the background tiles when we need to.

Overall good job so far.

On a different subject, does anyone have a single clue as to how we put this into the game? because all of the items and stuff are based on a TEXT ONLY code, and don’t even get me started on terrain and buildings.

From a glance at the game code, I think the game does keep track of what kind of floor is underneath a piece of furniture - furniture doesn’t overwrite the floor. So I think the best approach is to just make each piece of furniture with a transparent background. Then it can just be drawn on top of the proper floor graphic.

Pretty much this.

Furniture looks great, by the way!

Some map tiles!

I think I’m going to re-do the forest with more prominent trees.

OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME

[Some Ammo Icon’s]
-They Will be Changed
-And More Will Be Added

…i realized i screwed up on this one…[so a new one approaches]

Oh, i like these. They are 15x15?

BMacZero: That is fantastic! THANKYOU! :slight_smile:

Im back And Better Then Ever I Brought A Big Close Up And Small Version For Editing
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t527/Sanya_Tan/Untitled_zpseacae7f4.png <–[15x15]
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t527/Sanya_Tan/2_zps71add452.png <–[100x100] Or Was it [500x500] i Dont Remember
Ammo Has Been Revamped And Attachments Have been Added (I Shall Continue Working Till I Believe The Icon’s Are Perfect) Unless Your Satisfied
If You Want The Old Ones I Can Do That Its Just That I Accidentally Deleted Them… o_o And The Bigger Sized One Has Glow Effect On It So Its Un-Editable
[Next Update Is Clips And Icon’s Fix And New Ammo]

Couldn’t Wait Till Tomorrow So Ill Just Upload My Progress
[move]Z “Oh Hell Naw” * * * * * * * * * * * * * * @“Die Die Die”[/move]
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t527/Sanya_Tan/BigV2_zpsb3b36090.png~original <–[Big Veiw 580x580]
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t527/Sanya_Tan/SmallV2_zpsc47a7772.png <–[Small View 15x15]
Next Update: The Pew Pew’s Will Arrive Maybe Today…Or Tomorrow…Just So Eager To Work (Also Sick At The Same Time With A Runny Nose And Cough’s With Burning Eye’s) Q~Q
[move]@-I Love To Help And See This Project Finish[/move]

I hate to be a buzz kill, but the beehive map tile wont work. Since the 3 by 3 square is made from the same symbol it would only be able to recognise 1 type of picture. Unless we edited the map to use 9 different symbols for each segment of the bee hive (even then it would be all jumbled since it would be random) Items can be changed since they have different colour symbols. The bee hive and other 3x3 tiles or 2x2 tiles etc would have to use the same symbol. It looks awesome though. Maybe the devs will make it so that layout would work.

Also CBM Teaser. I wanted your opinions. Sorry for the white background.

Active Defence System

Also I know its not my area, but I felt like having a go at a Triffid Heart. If Its okay and you like the piece Ill keep creating Triffid pieces too.

@Samscale1: Your CBM looks like it has Mr. Game & Watch on it! :smiley:
RE: Beehive – I’ll have to dig through the code but I think that the entire hive is generated at once. If so then it will hopefully be pretty easy to get that to work. If not, then I guess I’ll have to figure out some other way to make it work. I will report my findings here in either case, so that the artists can tailor the tiles as needed.

Galen - just scale the beehive image down, minus a layer or two.