Tileset project

Most up to date version of the json file can be found at tile_config.json link on my repo. The tileset itself as I have made it is horribly lackluster, and it needs a looooot of work haha. In the json is everything except for the item definitions. They change waaaaay too fast and there are way too many of them >.<

I need to add in default values for each category so that if an item does not have a tile associated with it it will pull the default tile for its category.

Is the SDL version of DDA on the website not the most up to date? I don’t see tileset support. If so, how do I download the newest? Could someone give me a tutorial?

There is no tileset support yet, at least a public and downloadable one. This project is to complete one before it happens, to be ready.

Click experimental SDL below the sdl version. However, the experimental doesn’t have tile support yet. It should be in in a few days.

Any updates on the project?

Tile support is merged into mainline, but mainline experiment also doesn’t seem to be working anymore for windows

I mean on this actual tileset :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno, but I guess it’s time we get it done. Any idea of what tiles need to be done yet?

Do we have a thread that’s being updated properly for the community tileset?

If not we should set one up, get a list of required tiles and start chugging at that pronto.

Now that tileset support is working in the experimental, I’m ready to start making sprites.

Okay, my bad for forgetting this was in the OP. All the tiles are there. So what we need is: a) More tiles for the stuff not done yet.
b) putting all those tiles together in a tileset.

For the tiles, they’re in 15*15, and post them here before including them so the community can judge. If its for an item that’s not in the file, just add the line respecting the syntax.

Clothing may need to wait: I’m not 100% sure the game support sprite layering yet.

Let’s get cranking!

OP could use some formatting, and making that link more obvious, but this is a good start.

I’ll be making some contributions later today.

Now, we need someone to start assembling the tileset. I’ll contact the OP and see if I can understand the .json to do it.

I tried the tileset that SDL comes with and it is not only lacking, but it is also very bright So bright it hurts the eyes. Maybe we can try to make ONLY creatures and interesting things bright, and all the other things, a bit darkish, or detail lacking, or more pastel-couloured instead of having dark edges and stuff.

And image is worth more thatn a thousand words.
Like this DF tileset, Jolly Bastion.

So how do I exactly contribute? This is the first time I’ve really sprited anythings, so I don’t know the whole gig. I whipped up a 15*15 sprite of a bookshelf, so is there anything else I need to do with it other than upload it on here for you guys to see? Also, should I upload it to imgur or just attach the file to a post?

First of all, thanks for joining! I çt would be better to upload it to imgur and showing it here. We see if it goes well with everything, and then we add it. More or less that. there is a google document where you can see wich tiles have been made and wich tiles havent.

Alright radical. Edit: Edit: http://imgur.com/wRt8TwM

I like it! But i don’t know, i think someone already did one… Still, good work.

Ah, thats alright. I didn’t see anyone post an image on the google docs, but Ill go ahead and do some more.

[quote=“Sheb, post:190, topic:2019”]Okay, my bad for forgetting this was in the OP. All the tiles are there. So what we need is: a) More tiles for the stuff not done yet.
b) putting all those tiles together in a tileset.

For the tiles, they’re in 15*15, and post them here before including them so the community can judge. If its for an item that’s not in the file, just add the line respecting the syntax.

Clothing may need to wait: I’m not 100% sure the game support sprite layering yet.

Let’s get cranking![/quote]

Wait, they’re 15x15? The .png’s in the game folder are 16x16.

Just wanted to verify before going too crazy with contributions.

Heres some more, these are the Card Reader and the Broken Card Reader
Edit: Edit: http://imgur.com/4LnuSnD,DN07Hd9