The Wiki Thread

Someone PM me this week with a reminder to do that thing above, and also what it is.

Done. Or did you mean later this week?

Is it just me, or is the Wiki down?

It happens from time to time. Go back after a while and it should be up again.

Hey you guys! I have no idea how to add a ‘coverage’ column to the graphs on the clothing page.
Could someone do that or explain how? (I can start plugging in new values once that’s done)

Also, semi-related: weights in-game seem to be ~twice those in the JSON files. What’s up with that?

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:65, topic:823”]Hey you guys! I have no idea how to add a ‘coverage’ column to the graphs on the clothing page.
Could someone do that or explain how? (I can start plugging in new values once that’s done)[/quote]
You needed to update both the row and header templates for the clothing tables. I’ve just done that myself. You can now add the coverage parameter by adding a “|coverage=” at the end of each entry. Example:

{{row/{{PAGENAME}}|cotton hat|45|40|C_HAT|COTTON|MNULL|2|1|-5|0|0|0|0|0|30|0|mfb(bp_head) |"A snug-fitting cotton hat. Quite warm."|coverage=75}}

Also, semi-related: weights in-game seem to be ~twice those in the JSON files. What's up with that?
Those are the weights previous to the current update. Only a few sections have been properly updated (firearms and ammo AFAIK). Feel free to help with bringing all this up to date, as you've been doing so already. The more the merrier, etc.

I’ve updated the templates for items (including clothing) so they display the weight and protections correctly now (as long as they are updated).

More info on how to update and add now clothing items can be found here.

A good thing to go over in detail for the wiki would be the encumbrance/warmth menu in the ‘@’ character info menu… Get a lot of questions about it in IRC, and I still am partially confused concerning parts of it ;> Also mentioning the + clothing tab along with the encumbrance/warmth entry would probably be helpful too…

(necro-rise, month old post! RIIISE!!)

With the upcoming .9 RC this could use a mention: the Wiki always needs help updating entries for new releases. Kenoxite got a load of stuff updated in .8, but even after the bot adds stuff there are old entries that need fixing and lots of new crafting to add.

An easy way to contribute? As you find items on the wiki that look weird, bring up the JSON, find the right stats and update the page! You don’t have to update everything, but you can help with what is probably a more common lookup item if you are already looking it up :slight_smile:

add Raising Skills in stage 3 (Night Time) of static spawn mode guide.
Can someone correct the spelling mistakes ? English is not my native language…

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=How_to_survive_your_first_day:_Static_Spawn_Mode#Stage_3:_Night_Time

Looks good to me. Added a quick note about lightstrips good for basement reading.

Yep, that’s also what i use most to read in the dark

[quote=“Satche, post:70, topic:823”]add Raising Skills in stage 3 (Night Time) of static spawn mode guide.
Can someone correct the spelling mistakes ? English is not my native language…[/quote]

It was well-written for English not being your native language. Fixed a minor grammar mistake, the rest is perfect.

OK, I typed out all the traits available at start. Hoping that we/I can get the rest of the list knocked out over the next few days and then bring the mutcats up to spec, since they’re populated from the list.

(Looks like this shit hasn’t been touched since JSONification, if not Whales. :-/ )

Oh, I guess I should post here.

So I’m now starting to list the mutations for KA101’s new mutation categories on the Mutation page and then get them copied over to the mutation blocks in List of Mutations. So far I only have Feline done.

I also changed “Smelly” to “Strong Scent” to match up with the jsons. I guess Rivet changed it with her mutation traits? mod?

I added/updated the clothing and professions that were missing.

Thanks for your hard work lupinetine :slight_smile: Just saw bunch of of edits yesterday.

[quote=“infectedmochi, post:77, topic:823”]Thanks for your hard work lupinetine :slight_smile: Just saw bunch of of edits yesterday.[/quote]qft

I put in the YASD page, so you can link that up to new articles. I’m not good with wikicodez however.

I just added a page on post-threshold mutations.
Can’t wait to see YASD page :smiley: