The Wiki Thread

[quote=“BMacZero, post:39, topic:823”]Hi again, all. I’m planning to generate templates for the different Item Groups in the game (defined in mapitemsdef.cpp) that could be used to easily specify item spawns and drops in various places on the wiki.

This would be what one of these templates would look like: Template:Loot/mi_child_items. The templates would be used in pages like this: Mil. Surplus. There would be 142 templates generated.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I have one current concern, which is that these lists take a lot of page space. I’ll look into maybe formatting them in columns or something.[/quote]
Try to create tables for those ,and place each loot category in their own column. That should help reducing vertical space quite significantly.

There’s some wiki table classes already defined that you can use (check any item list). Mainly to keep all tables’ look more or less homogenized.

You could also lower the font size a bit, if distributing the list in tables isn’t enough. About a couple points less should make it more compact and still readable.

I’m a chinese player.This game is too cooooool!The perfect creativity,good playability,and so on…
But your wiki hasn’t a chinese language.If your offer a multiple-language version,i believe that will have a lot of enthusiast to complete it.
This game is famous in the Chinese communities and have much self-made MODs.I hope it can be more popular.

I suggest:

1. updating the mutations page with information from the old wiki
  2. adding some content to the Nomadic Lifestyle guide (it’s empty)
  3. making a page about how health relates to sickness

What are the differences between Dark Days Ahead and Whales’s original game?

DDA has more buildings, a few new critters, additional layouts for existing buildings (Labs are much nastier now), and generally just More Stuff.

That said, not all of it is “better”. Places like the Office Tower, etc are well-designed BUT can have more hostiles than rewards. CBMs are no longer in multi-pack canisters–thus, somewhat more common–BUT strictly one specific bionic per unit. Vehicles are everywhere in-town, but most of them aren’t operable.

And they fixed the ability to cook rotten stuff and have it come out fresh & nutritious.

That said, I’m playing a fairly recent build, so it’s a net gain–but if you’re coming from the Whales build, you may have a nontrivial learning curve.

Also, zombies not spawn at game start instead of being created by sound.

Hi folks. I just wanted to make completly sure it is okay for anyone to edit the wiki if we find something missing/wrong/etc? I only started playing recently but already I’ve noticed a few missing things(reflex bows apparently arn’t listed anywhere, etc) that templates already exist for and whatnot.

And I presume one is only supposed to use the most recent stable build(0.6 as the time of this writing) for wiki edits, correct?

[quote=“Sunflash, post:47, topic:823”]Hi folks. I just wanted to make completly sure it is okay for anyone to edit the wiki if we find something missing/wrong/etc? I only started playing recently but already I’ve noticed a few missing things(reflex bows apparently arn’t listed anywhere, etc) that templates already exist for and whatnot.

And I presume one is only supposed to use the most recent stable build(0.6 as the time of this writing) for wiki edits, correct?[/quote]

It’s a wiki. Improve it to the best of your ability; worst-case is that Kenoxite or someone has to revert you. I know most of mine are based on 02Feb, back in the Time Before Version Numbers. Most of it’s still accurate, too–the worst problem is that I consider Counter-attack a good thing (it actually just forces your next action to be “attack my attacker”).

Could you add a page for the jabberwock.

I’ve lost the characters now thanks to those jerks. Also, there’s a giant NPC hints page in the game data that was really useful and didn’t give away any spoilers (in my opinion). Might be worth mentioning on the wiki.

Just got done loading up ALL the crafting recipes from 0.6 - almost 500 edits. I hope they are right : P.

Some cool stuff in there I never knew about - high-level electronics crafting looks handy.

[quote=“BMacZero, post:50, topic:823”]Just got done loading up ALL the crafting recipes from 0.6 - almost 500 edits. I hope they are right : P.

Some cool stuff in there I never knew about - high-level electronics crafting looks handy.[/quote]

Yep, look at that bot go!

[quote=“BMacZero, post:50, topic:823”]Just got done loading up ALL the crafting recipes from 0.6 - almost 500 edits. I hope they are right : P.

Some cool stuff in there I never knew about - high-level electronics crafting looks handy.[/quote]

I think I love you.

[quote=“Sunflash, post:52, topic:823”][quote=“BMacZero, post:50, topic:823”]Just got done loading up ALL the crafting recipes from 0.6 - almost 500 edits. I hope they are right : P.

I think I love you.[/quote]

Me too.

Because it’s an integral game mechanic, can someone please make a wiki page for “turns?” I would, only I’m still unclear as to how they work myself.

Good job with the crafting page, BMacZero. It’s also nice to finally have all the items and components properly linked.

In fact, good job in general. Your bot is making wonders in the wiki.

BTW, it seems another user (Jcannon98188, the one that I accidentally blocked for a minute) intended to also update the crafting page. I hope no shoes have been stepped on. Although it seems he was focusing more on the presentation of the information (tables, templates, etc) than the content itself.

@SKiPPY: Well, there’s actually a page for turns, although it’s basically a placeholder.

[quote=“kenoxite, post:55, topic:823”]Good job with the crafting page, BMacZero. It’s also nice to finally have all the items and components properly linked.

In fact, good job in general. Your bot is making wonders in the wiki.

BTW, it seems another user (Jcannon98188, the one that I accidentally blocked for a minute) intended to also update the crafting page. I hope no shoes have been stepped on. Although it seems he was focusing more on the presentation of the information (tables, templates, etc) than the content itself.

@SKiPPY: Well, there’s actually a page for turns, although it’s basically a placeholder.[/quote]

I’v posted some information on it. It still need to be put in somewhat better shape and need more information for the last part starting at the bow stuff. Check grammar too.
Cuze’ i’m noobish at this, i don’t even know how why when you need to press ENTER twice to start a new line because when you do this one time he won’t do shit.

I’ve updated the internal links in the turns page. Check the talk page of the turns page. This should help you understand how it’s done. There’s more info and a couple examples that should help you further. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, be it here or there.

Actually, anybody interested on editing the wiki and not familiar with wikimedia should take a look. Internal links are one of the most used things in the wiki, and it’s very easy to format them to your liking.

I’v already read your comment, will help.

I’m from time to time looking in the wiki and see stuff wrong (maybe changed), so it’s mainly updating unless some page are empty.
(I still didn’t save some change atm, better check twince before, but anyway)

Since the volume of edits from the bot seems like it will be staying quite large, I think it might be a good idea to flag my account on the wiki as a bot. To my knowledge, this will allow me to hide edits from the “Special:Recent Changes” page by flagging them as bot edits. Does anyone have the ability to do that on this wiki?

That’d be GlyphGryph, as I cannot change user rights. PM him to speed up the process.