Suggestion: Toggle to disable Left 4 Dead-esque specialty zombies

I like having a lot of diverse enemies in the game, all the robots and Lovecraft stuff, Triffids and bees and such, so the Classic Zombies setting isn’t really for me. But when I’m fighting a zombie horde I’d sort of like it to resemble a zombie horde. These big crowds of lightning wizards and dudes billowing smoke and stuff don’t even seem like zombies to me.

They’re neat and all, but they were conceptualized to add diversity to a game (L4D) with infinitely less diversity than this one, and they don’t really feel necessary here. I understand that most people probably like them.

Well shockers are from CBMs going crazy, so there’s a bit of explanation behind those.
Not sure where the smoke comes from, but smokers are different from LfD, they make smoke before they die and they don’t tongue grab you.

Anyways, I believe you can just delete them from “Cataclysm folder\data\json\monsters.json”.

The file you want to edit is data/json/monstergroups.json
Just delete the lines that have zombie types you don’t want around (and fix up the commas if they happen to be the last entry in a list).

…Isn’t there already an option to “turn off” special zombies?

doesnt that turn of all monsters except zombies and natural wildlife? i think op didn t want to get ridf of nether monsters and mutants etc.

doesnt that turn of all monsters except zombies and natural wildlife? i think op didn t want to get ridf of nether monsters and mutants etc.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure there’s an included mod that’ll remove all the non zeds and nat wildlife, but there’s a world-gen option that turns off the non-special zeds… …I think.

The mod removes all monsters except wildlife. the world gen option removes all monsters except normal zombies and wildlife. op still wants special monsters but not special z. Nitpicking xD

edit:thats what the options read like though didn t try either cause i like all the zombie and monster grazyness :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want this as well. Currently working on a mod to do just that. Will post here when the pull request goes in.

Edit: Here it is: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/9609

[quote=“daftfad, post:8, topic:7618”]I really want this as well. Currently working on a mod to do just that. Will post here when the pull request goes in.

Edit: Here it is: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/9609[/quote]

Merged.

Awesome!

And yeah my nitpickery is all thematic, not mechanical. I like having a wide variety of enemies and wouldn’t want to go strictly Z’s.