I would like a mod to remove the special zombies

What says above. You know: firefighter zombie, swimmer zombie, feral zombie, zombie necromancer, smoker zombie… etc.

Maybe leave just the more “traditional” ones such as fat zombie, tough zombie, crawler zombie, decayed zombie, zombie dog.

You know, we have this thing called classic mode that does just that.

Although, classic mode should probably be rolled into a mod at some point anyway.

Yea, we have better ways of managing inclusion of different things now, so it could definitely be a mod.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:2, topic:6423”]You know, we have this thing called classic mode that does just that.[/quote]Classic mode is completely a different thing.

Classic mode also takes out cool buildings and the zombie’s speed… i think it’s really different.

It sounds like you’re looking for an ‘in between’ mod, which afaik hasn’t been made yet.

It’s actually pretty easy to modify the .jsons yourself, so you may want to do that to specialize what you want and don’t want.
If you want to do it yourself instead of waiting for somebody to make a similar mod, asking questions in the toolbox could get you started, but you can just open a .json in wordpad or notepad++ or similar, it’s all in plain text so once you know what the different fields mean it’s extremely easy to change whatever you want.
For reference, the .jsons you’d want to look at are under \cataclysmDDA\data\json\ (wherever your CDDA folder is at).

Assuming you don’t want to modify worldgen, and just want different zombie types around, you’re gonna want to look for monsters.json and monstergroups.json, I haven’t modified these in awhile so I’m not sure of the specifics, I’m sure others can help more if you want to try modding though.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:7, topic:6423”]It sounds like you’re looking for an ‘in between’ mod, which afaik hasn’t been made yet.

It’s actually pretty easy to modify the .jsons yourself, so you may want to do that to specialize what you want and don’t want.
If you want to do it yourself instead of waiting for somebody to make a similar mod, asking questions in the toolbox could get you started, but you can just open a .json in wordpad or notepad++ or similar, it’s all in plain text so once you know what the different fields mean it’s extremely easy to change whatever you want.
For reference, the .jsons you’d want to look at are under \cataclysmDDA\data\json\ (wherever your CDDA folder is at).

Assuming you don’t want to modify worldgen, and just want different zombie types around, you’re gonna want to look for monsters.json and monstergroups.json, I haven’t modified these in awhile so I’m not sure of the specifics, I’m sure others can help more if you want to try modding though.[/quote]Thanks for informing me, but the thing is, I haven’t tampered with mods since months so I figured what I’m asking is quite simple to other users who’ve been doing some modding lately. Honestly, I don’t wanna go through trial-and-error in the process of making this mod. That’s all.

No need for trial and error if you just want to disable some creatures.
I took a quick look and did a brief test, and it seems like this is what you want to do:

Open \CDDA\data\json\monstergroups.json with a text editor, search for GROUP_ZOMBIE
There will be a list of types of zombies, for those you don’t want, set “freq”: # to 0.
Save the file, then start a new world.

Modding in plain text is almost easier than making somebody else do the work for you, if you want help with anything else I’d be happy to help when I have time.

No need for trial and error if you just want to disable some creatures.
I took a quick look and did a brief test, and it seems like this is what you want to do:

Open \CDDA\data\json\monstergroups.json with a text editor, search for GROUP_ZOMBIE
There will be a list of types of zombies, for those you don’t want, set “freq”: # to 0.
Save the file, then start a new world.

Modding in plain text is almost easier than making somebody else do the work for you, if you want help with anything else I’d be happy to help when I have time.[/quote]So you don’t need to BLACKLIST or do some other sh*t? I don’t think it’s that easy, is it?

It should be. You’re basically setting their spawn rate 0, so they never get checked by the monster spawner. Technically, you’re not removing them, you’re just telling the game to never spawn them.

OK, if I did this it won’t be a mod after all, I’m just editing a text file.

Yep, setting spawn rate to 0 will keep them from spawning. One exception is trying to empty out the whole spawn group, that won’t work, it’ll just make only whatever the default is spawn more.

If you paste \CDDA\data\json\monstergroups.json into this converter:

https://json-csv.com

you will be able to easily see all the values which can be changed.