Started playing CDDA again after a 2 year hiatus since 0.E recently got released and was disappointed that my first gun I found didn’t have any sounds in @'s soundpack, so I edited it to fix that and eventually it spiraled out into its own soundpack.
Otopack is based on the aforementioned @'s soundpack mixed together with CDDA-Soundpack, with various additions, fixes and tweaks. The majority of sound effects are from @'s soundpack and the music is from CDDA-Soundpack with 8 additional songs. If you want to use the music from another soundpack, you can follow the instructions in the included readme.
The major difference from other soundpacks is that Otopack has sound support for 100% of all vanilla weapons and destructible terrain/furniture in 0.E. There’s fixes to random sound popping/cracking, low quality sounds and faulty sounds, for example bicycle horns sounding like car horns.
It covers almost all the supported sounds, but some were skipped due to bugs like additional walking sounds for wooden floors, mud, sand, carpets etc. Others were skipped because of poor implementation, like the ice cream truck chime (instead of looping it ends up spamming the sound effect every time you move) and vehicle sounds for bicycles and rowboats (current system is only designed for engines with looping sounds, it’s just weird to hear a pedaling/paddling loop when you’re actually standing still).
Feel free to leave any feedback and if you discover something faulty, please share.
Put the Otopack folder in <CDDA folder>/data/sound/. If updating from a previous version, remove the old version before extracting the new version.
- First release.
- Disabled the RC car drive sound effect since it has a similar issue as the ice cream truck chimes.
- Disabled the NPC speech sound effect since it can get spammed when doing actions that take a lot of time.
- Lowered the volume of ambient environmental sounds.
- Replaced nighttime ambient loop with a new cricketless version.
- Replaced snowstorm ambient loop with a more clean sounding version.
- Replaced car alarm sound effect with a non looping version, since other alarms don’t loop.
- Fixed the alarm clock sound being used for security alarms sometimes instead of alarm clocks.