[SOUNDPACK] Otopack

I’m pretty new to this but, can you point me to a guide on how to do that?

I didn’t use a guide, I just skimmed the files :blush:

Skimmed? Sorry I don’t get what you mean. I appreciate you putting up with my dumbass but, correct me if I’m wrong. So, what I need to do is change the variant below to the one in the other mod, right? For example, taking:
{
“type”: “sound_effect”,
“id” : “fire_gun_distant”,
“volume” : 60,
“variant” : “winchester_1887”,
“files” : [
“guns/00shot/00shot1.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot2.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot3.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot4.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot5.ogg”
]

and change it to

{
“type”: “sound_effect”,
“id” : “fire_gun_distant”,
“volume” : 60,
“variant” : “Ithaca_M37”,
“files” : [
“guns/00shot/00shot1.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot2.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot3.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot4.ogg”,
“guns/00shot/00shot5.ogg”
]
Is that right or am I stupid? Again, thanks for taking your time helping me out with this.

yup, just make a copy of the entry, be sure you don’t screw up having comas at the end of every } and such except the very last entry, if it works, please upload your json file here cus I’m sure the soundpack author would happily include your mod support!

Hoo, man. This is going to take a fuckton of time then, I’ll get to it though.

1 Like

it’s good work and it’s what keeps this game going so strong <3

Ok then, here’s my sloppy compatibility patch for Moderns Weapons Expanded. It’s the complete package so just overwrite or do a fresh install.

Download:
https://files.catbox.moe/05vj46.rar
https://files.catbox.moe/8l4mqg.rar (Akimbo guns patch, only includes the .json for 9mm, .40, .44 and .45. Just drop them in data>sound>Otopack>guns)

I’ve only tested the handguns so I would appreciate if someone is willing to give me some feedback.

1 Like

I’m getting the same static noise playback during about 1/3rd of my melee weapon strikes that I was getting with @'s Soundpack, which this seems to be based on. It looks like @'s isn’t supported anymore?

I have no idea how to track down this error and suggest a fix. Is anyone else getting it?

1 Like

I just commented on @'s pack before I found Otopack. I think it might be one of the ‘hit_flesh’ ogg files.
I did a few test myself but I’m no expert.
I disabled some files by simply renaming them and reloading the same point in the game over and over. I found that some of the ‘hit_flesh’ files in ‘small cut’ seemed to cause the issue when the player attacks.
then I noticed it happens when the monsters attack too. They use ‘hit1.ogg’ - ‘hit6.ogg’ for generic strikes.
Since the files look fine in audacity and VLC, its really hard to pin down whats causing the problem. Especially since some of the sounds seem to be repeated in different folders.
I’ve gone back to chesthole

Hello all together. I hope someone is reading this.
There is a problem with the sound when the hunting bow is shot and a bow dampening set is attached.
The sound then becomes that of a firearm.
Could someone fix this?

1 Like