The game has a shitty game-design

I’ve wrote a whole poem about my thoughts, but after some time understood that it’s better to do things instead of complaining, although it may still be relevant to the current state of the game

if you're still wondering: the main point of mine is that (click to see):

there is no reason to not giving a damn about the game’s world, and, therefore, about doing something in it; the state in which a player finds himself, where he is thinking about for what he is playing for, in which the current game being, is consequence of not giving a damn about anything in the game’s world, on the grounds of which there is no spontaneous desire to do something (AND! you just think about it: the very fact that the player asks himself why he should play (what a challenge to put himself), instead of him, being excited, himself to stretch to try everything, when the game intuitively would captivating him and the goal in the end would be set naturally and as a matter of course - this is the disease that I am talking about)…

but, again, better to do things and not just talking, right?.. my whole lengthy I’ll keep for now, but there are some thoughts (and it’s not quite to the main topic, but in continuation of it):

Maybe I some day will contribute; for now, would I contributing these days, I would point out this steps of the foreseeable future of the game development:

1. To make the game launcher, in which is able to download experimental builds, mods, soundpacks, etc. as the main part of the game’s files, which would mean its including to the basic download of the game; at least for the time it’s supporting by the community, and prioritize its supporting
  2. To make the game’s own soundtrack by default, for example, based on the o8v57j’s one; to avoid some copyright issues I would mark it as “having a good reviews”, or similar to that, and not as “recommended” or alike, and would put it in “optional downloads - community works”, just to be completely safe (and it’s the best soundtrack I found so far, for me); 'cuz it gives a whole lot to the game experience
  3. To make the game available on the Steam, by creating some open-source free license publisher’s account, avoiding to getting game’s rights to someone
  4. To make the game’s ways of keeping player’s attention to the game’s world, by getting it important to him and thus making him worry about its fate, giving to to the world meaning 'cuz I’m seeing it as the main reason of game’s issued design; and to keep focusing on this as the main goal of finish development.

// [4] the main thing is the player have no experience with interacting with world [before setting his own goals in it], and thus its not familiar to his heart to be loved and returning to the game after closing it

and it’s nice to end, as always, by giving a simple truth:
as @ItzStone already wrote:

We have the tools to add missions and chained missions now, only problem is there are few people working on them. Its JSON work so anyone can learn to do it in a couple hours by reading the documentation on the GitHub, or checking out the missions already in game (like Hub01 for example).

Its a good opportunity for someone looking to contribute without learning the ways of the programming jedis to write missions up in a design, such as plot, steps, rewards etc. That would give someone a good place to start, caveat is, if your not implementing it, youll have to wait until someone else does.

1 Like