Slime Pits

So I just fought my way into the tenth level of a slime pit.

Now this took awhile, I had to leave the pit twice to go to sleep and repair clothing. Also it took a sizable number of first aid/bandages.

Is there any real reward to this? You know, besides killing over 4 thousand (yes I have killed literally over 4 thousand slimes), 26 dodge skill, and like 10 mutagens?

What more reward could you ask for? I suppose melee skill would be a nice bonus.

That’s 19.

I started down one with a bow and arrow and like 300 arrows. I stopped when my medical supplies started running low.

So does a slimepit ever “end”?
I have one inside my city and really need to clear that out, but since slimes have a dynamic spawn even in static, I have no idea to stop the spawn. Is there a structure like with a fungal bloom / triffid grove?

[quote=“Iatots, post:5, topic:3572”]So does a slimepit ever “end”?
I have one inside my city and really need to clear that out, but since slimes have a dynamic spawn even in static, I have no idea to stop the spawn. Is there a structure like with a fungal bloom / triffid grove?[/quote]

One option man; The nuclear one.

Not really sure but if slime check title to spawn instead of map title (i don’t think any mob spawn like this ^^), you should be able to remove spawming of these by remove title of slime (mini nuke is a friendly option,not that hard to make)

You cannot eat your Mininuke ._.

Mininuke failed miserably, maybe it was a malfunction but the bomb tself didn’t even make a crater, it just cleared a bit of the slime pit.

As far as I know, you can’t stop slimes from spawning, even with static spawn. You can push them back and maybe that will ease the spawn rate, but it’s never a permanent effect. I also tried to go down into the slime pits to see what lay at the bottom, and four or five thousand kills later, all I found at the bottom were a bunch of Playboys.

By the way, why are there nothing but Playboys in the slime pits? That’s all I found down there the several times I’ve gone into different slime pits.

I think the developers is trying to tell us something.

I think the developers is trying to tell us something.[/quote]

the horrors…

Mininuke IS mini, so yes, it won’t clear everything in one time. Wasn’t meaning that, but it does clear some tittle so i just wonder if we were able to clear title slime to avoid spaming, even if i don’t really think it’s possible, as said lost.

[quote=“Lost, post:10, topic:3572”]As far as I know, you can’t stop slimes from spawning, even with static spawn. You can push them back and maybe that will ease the spawn rate, but it’s never a permanent effect. I also tried to go down into the slime pits to see what lay at the bottom, and four or five thousand kills later, all I found at the bottom were a bunch of Playboys.

By the way, why are there nothing but Playboys in the slime pits? That’s all I found down there the several times I’ve gone into different slime pits.[/quote]
I found weed, playboys and mutagen.

The breakfast of champions.

[quote=“Iron Foot, post:14, topic:3572”]I found weed, playboys and mutagen.

The breakfast of champions.[/quote]
Sig’d

We really should put some kind of totem at the bottom so you can kill off the slime pit entirely at the very least.
Also we could easily sprinkle dead survivors in there for rewards.

Eyy, now there’s a reason!

I like having areas of the map marked off as ‘Just avoid this general area’. Nothing wrong with unkillable pointless slime pits IMO.

You’re implying that having an “off switch” at the bottom makes them killable. XD I still see it being ungodly unforgiving XDD

I will forever remember parking about five map tiles from a slime pit, going to sleep, and waking up the next morning in a sea of slimes.

You’re implying that having an “off switch” at the bottom makes them killable. XD I still see it being ungodly unforgiving XDD

I will forever remember parking about five map tiles from a slime pit, going to sleep, and waking up the next morning in a sea of slimes.[/quote]

I hope you had a huge engine… Slimes are quite vulnerable to being splattered… just do it right the first time