Score!

Found this wolfie suit just chillin` in some guys living room.

My ass aint ganna be freezing again tonight!

Also;

Set of questions.

1. Is there any desert environments in DDA?

2. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you?

3. Do harder monsters spawn as days increase?

4. What option settings did you change from default?

EDIT

1. Can you loot vehicle trunks? Is it worth doing?

Answering your questions:

No, but there are plans to include them

I usually die about 5 times and then delete the world and update to the next nightly build

No, at least not in static spawn mode, i am unsure about dynamic

Wievport size spawn modifier force y/n propts, only drop non waterthight containers, capped skill rust.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:2, topic:2954”]Also;

Set of questions.

2. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you?

4. What option settings did you change from default?[/quote]
    2: Once.
    3: I know it used to work this way in Dynamic spawn mode, I play static spawn now so idk.
    4: I use a spawn multiplier of 10, city size 8, no query when disassembling, circular distances, and IntCap skill rust.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:2954”]Answering your questions:

No, but there are plans to include them

I usually die about 5 times and then delete the world and update to the next nightly build

No, at least not in static spawn mode, i am unsure about dynamic

Wievport size spawn modifier force y/n propts, only drop non waterthight containers, capped skill rust.[/quote]

Desert’s would be badass, parts of australia have wells that spring up into mounds, but the water has to be dissipated into steam to be able to be drunken, because of too much minerals in them.

5 times is what i was doing roughly too.

I have static spawn on as well.

Wievport size spawn modifier force y/n propts, only drop non waterthight containers, capped skill rust.
Going to look up what those do, thanks.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:4, topic:2954”][quote=“StoneCacti, post:2, topic:2954”]Also;

Set of questions.

4. What option settings did you change from default?[/quote]
    2: Once.
    3: I know it used to work this way in Dynamic spawn mode, I play static spawn now so idk.
    4: I use a spawn multiplier of 10, city size 8, no query when disassembling, circular distances, and IntCap skill rust.[/quote]

Doing one world each time sounds legit, but last map i got mad sweet spawn locations.
It even spawned a evac shelter on the OTHER side of a river from a sweet little town.

Static spawn sounds best.

I use a spawn multiplier of 10, city size 8, no query when disassembling, circular distances, and IntCap skill rust.

Is there a newb thread for option settings? I searched couldn’t find one.

Also another Q;

1. I get both Fleet Footed and Quick

are they worth the high point cost?

AFAIK there isn’t, but the game does have a brief description of what each option does, if you have any specific questions I could go into detail.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:7, topic:2954”]Also another Q;

are they worth the high point cost?[/quote]
Yes, though if you plan to be in cities a lot you might want to switch fleet footed for Parkour Expert, it removes movement penalties for going over (non-wire) fences, tables, chairs, etc. I sometimes move tables and chairs into doorways and next to windows for easy escapes.

My favorite way to escape zombie dogs and similarly fast enemies is to run along the top of a fence, they get slowed by every single square of the fence while you sprint away.

Ugh. Make yourself a fur blanket so you won’t get yiffed by the zombies.

AFAIK there isn’t, but the game does have a brief description of what each option does, if you have any specific questions I could go into detail.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:7, topic:2954”]Also another Q;

are they worth the high point cost?[/quote]
Yes, though if you plan to be in cities a lot you might want to switch fleet footed for Parkour Expert, it removes movement penalties for going over (non-wire) fences, tables, chairs, etc. I sometimes move tables and chairs into doorways and next to windows for easy escapes.

My favorite way to escape zombie dogs and similarly fast enemies is to run along the top of a fence, they get slowed by every single square of the fence while you sprint away.[/quote]

Question, why does no NPC start on default?
Should i turn the two NPC options on?

Great advice! with the parkour, knew there was a reason i pratice that IRL.
Although, lining up the yard fence for the zombie dogs to run over sounds kind of tricky, since they are kind of short.
Does parkour work for windows too?

Another Question;

Is there any chance at all of a bear or zed wandering into my underground spot at evac shelter? i know they follow you down there if being chased, but so far, zero problems sleeping at night, and some of the windows are broken ect.

My favorite locations in Cataclysm Roguelike were the townhouses with underground shelters with bomb supplies.

Yeah, getting yiffed would be an embarrassing death.

But my wolfie suits main purpose in life is going to be a sleeping bag suit.

Already lugged that bad boy back to my evac shelt.

Everything but my johnson was frozen the night before.

1. No, everything’s temperate for the moment, not sure if they plan to put in hotter and colder biomes so to speak, likely a backburner thing.
  2. two, three times, after that I’m just starting new games in areas I’ve been to before.
  3. On Dynamic spawns, normal zombies spawn after 30 ingame minutes, and special zombies start spawning after about 3 ingame days, on static spawns, everything is spawned on worldgen so no.
  4. Turned skill rust off so I can retain the memory of how to use a screwdriver for more than two days, other than that I usually tweak the settings between playthroughs, citysize is fun to mess with, but even turning it up slightly seems to make cities obscenely huge.
  5. Only if they have stuff in them, trunks, like boxes, are for storage, vehicles usually have them, if you ever get a vehicle up and running, it’s a place to store all your junk and bring it with you on the move.
  6. In my opinion, all the movement enhancing perks are worth it, add parkour expert to that and your really flying.

as for npcs, I believe they’re off by default because they’re a little buggy, I’ve been playing with them on recently though and I havn’t had any truly horrific or frequent crashes, but be a lil careful with them, they don’t seem to add much right now except to yell at you to drop your weapon or hand over a small quest.

Or you know, be a convenient food source for those people who take cannibal.

[quote=“Silvercore, post:12, topic:2954”]1. No, everything’s temperate for the moment, not sure if they plan to put in hotter and colder biomes so to speak, likely a backburner thing.
2. two, three times, after that I’m just starting new games in areas I’ve been to before.
3. On Dynamic spawns, normal zombies spawn after 30 ingame minutes, and special zombies start spawning after about 3 ingame days, on static spawns, everything is spawned on worldgen so no.
4. Turned skill rust off so I can retain the memory of how to use a screwdriver for more than two days, other than that I usually tweak the settings between playthroughs, citysize is fun to mess with, but even turning it up slightly seems to make cities obscenely huge.
5. Only if they have stuff in them, trunks, like boxes, are for storage, vehicles usually have them, if you ever get a vehicle up and running, it’s a place to store all your junk and bring it with you on the move.
6. In my opinion, all the movement enhancing perks are worth it, add parkour expert to that and your really flying.

as for npcs, I believe they’re off by default because they’re a little buggy, I’ve been playing with them on recently though and I havn’t had any truly horrific or frequent crashes, but be a lil careful with them, they don’t seem to add much right now except to yell at you to drop your weapon or hand over a small quest.

Or you know, be a convenient food source for those people who take cannibal.[/quote]

Awesome answers thanks bro.

1. No, everything’s temperate for the moment, not sure if they plan to put in hotter and colder biomes so to speak, likely a backburner thing.

Was wondering if it snowed or anything during winter, but yeah, most of that seems less important at the moment.

Guess that seems to be the general consensus, although finding an old corpse might be very worthwhile.

Perfect, thanks for explaining that man. Was wondering why there was so many damn specials in town always.

Just turned rust off myself, was wondering why my skills were degrading so fast.
Small Cities seem to be ideal, although, once i get a katana and a big ass ride, it’s time to find Los Angeles or New York and become the governor.

Tried for a few minutes to look into a trunk and finally just gave up, kept examining the vehicle.
Was reading the vehicle show-off thread, and man did it look fun having a RV to crush zombies with and store massive lewts.

Roger that, parkour is sounding super boss.

…wait, why does the fur suit have 30/30 defence?

TDW, for shame.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:10, topic:2954”]Does parkour work for windows too?

Another Question;

Is there any chance at all of a bear or zed wandering into my underground spot at evac shelter? i know they follow you down there if being chased, but so far, zero problems sleeping at night, and some of the windows are broken ect.

My favorite locations in Cataclysm Roguelike were the townhouses with underground shelters with bomb supplies.[/quote]
Parkour does work on windows, open windows are like flat ground but broken windows still slow you down some (Not as much as usual though).

The current Z-level implementation freezes everything ‘off-screen’, so when you go downstairs the upstairs becomes frozen in time making it safer to sleep underground, it’s a bad habit though because this will eventually change, though it might still be safer underground.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:15, topic:2954”][quote=“StoneCacti, post:10, topic:2954”]Does parkour work for windows too?

Another Question;

My favorite locations in Cataclysm Roguelike were the townhouses with underground shelters with bomb supplies.[/quote]
Parkour does work on windows, open windows are like flat ground but broken windows still slow you down some (Not as much as usual though).

The current Z-level implementation freezes everything ‘off-screen’, so when you go downstairs the upstairs becomes frozen in time making it safer to sleep underground, it’s a bad habit though because this will eventually change, though it might still be safer underground.[/quote]

Parkour does work on windows, open windows are like flat ground but broken windows still slow you down some (Not as much as usual though

Bummer, that would be so nice, cause you can get out of windows from inside, but doors/windows are usually locked, and breaking a window has multiple draw backs like; getting cut, noise, and slow passage through it.

The current Z-level implementation freezes everything ‘off-screen’, so when you go downstairs the upstairs becomes frozen in time making it safer to sleep underground, it’s a bad habit though because this will eventually change, though it might still be safer underground.

Thanks, very well explained.
Does sound like a bad habit, but i’ll kick it when time comes. Right i’ll happily use it.

Questiong;

Is there any way to install refrigeration? Got some frozen goods, not sure how quick they sour.

BTW:
Just scored a Broadsword… HELL yeah.
Will probably die though…

There is no refrigeration. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, seems like a badass idea though.

Cook up 100 meats, store in freezer/frigde.

And if you live near an anthill, thats totally doable.

Another questions:

What does ripped/damaged clothing do? loose storage/warmth or something?

As clothing is damaged there are no adverse effects (Other than having damaged clothing), it is just a sort of durability that determines how close the clothing is to being damaged, and can be easily repaired with a sewing kit to ensure it doesn’t get torn off in combat.

Since clothes are basically armor and warmth thingys and nothing else, they don’t really do anything. You can reinforce them to make them better at protecting you but that’s it. Ripped clothes should make you a bit cold, though.