Slime Pits

If it’s pointless by your own admission, why even have it in the game? If there’s one thing I hate, it’s death traps like slime pits and swamps that serve no purpose aside from generating endless waves of enemies to kill inexperienced players. Having pointless areas like that is actively worse than having nothing there.

After their first death, inexperienced players (me included) will know it’s better to avoid “strange” area before sufficiently strong and well equipped. So I think slime pit is not entirely pointless, but just a “sightseeing” place, adding flavour to the cataclysm - and experience source too.

Yes, but as it stands, there’s no particular reward for doing so even when well-equipped. Even if there’s no way to turn it off, I’d like something to make it actually worth going into a slime pit. Like honeycombs and royal jelly are the reward for raiding beehives, while stopping ant spawns are a reward for taking on anthills.

I’m fine with the slime pit as it is right now, but I wouldn’t mind if we have a reward at the bottom of the pit either, maybe some mutagens?

It’d be nice if there was a slime-centric item, maybe some slime mutagen, or some sort of jelly.

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s games that structure everything around the player :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re a visitor to this world, it is utterly indiferent to your existence, have fun.
Also the game world has the same policy.

If it’s pointless by your own admission, why even have it in the game? If there’s one thing I hate, it’s death traps like slime pits and swamps that serve no purpose aside from generating endless waves of enemies to kill inexperienced players. Having pointless areas like that is actively worse than having nothing there.[/quote]

I disagree!

Part of the charm of Roguelikes is having these “no point except to kill you” challenges. Part of the fun is learning which areas are good to clear, and which ones will kill you early.

Then as you get more powerful, you can challenge yourself in these Infinite Dungeons :slight_smile:

If it’s pointless by your own admission, why even have it in the game? If there’s one thing I hate, it’s death traps like slime pits and swamps that serve no purpose aside from generating endless waves of enemies to kill inexperienced players. Having pointless areas like that is actively worse than having nothing there.[/quote]

Hey, they arent pointless areas at all, they still have in them what they have in them, a few maps ago I had 2 gunstores within 3 map tiles of the slime pit, one right next to it. There was no way I wasnt going after them. I spent more than an ingame day getting a disposable looter/rammer car ready for the run and getting what I felt was too many mollis together. The run itself was gaming gold, between trying to hammer down streets at 80kmh while doing lines of coke, the frantic molli tossing to create a fire wall, burst firing shotguns all over the place, loosing control and then a wheel at the exact wrong moment on the way out. Frankly its exactly what I call fun in a game like this.

Throwing my support of at least the notion of places that are just bad for you and kill you.

That said, it wouldn’t ruin the game to have some sort of horrible experiment-gone-wrong, weird machine that turns everything around it into slime, so potent it sunk itself deep under ground by turning the ground beneath itself into slime.

And it’d better have the potential to do the same to the player if they’re inadequately protected and venture down there.

While we’re n the subject, where’s the MEAT LEVEL? You know, a place where the walls and floor are covered in some sort of flesh. That’s pretty cliche and creepy.

oh god. grey good scenario

I would like to see some kind of Slime King in the bottom of the pit…

a glorious day it would be when i proclame myself the rightful king of the slimes

Powder blue is the color of my TERRORRRRRR

…We need… a boss that is not completely and utterly overwhelmed by fire.

…Does this not seem a good solution? …Slimes only seem to be flammable in Terraria…

IT NEEDS TENTACLES. TENTACLES AND FIREPROOFING[size=1pt]don’tmindmeIhaven’tsleptintwodays[/size]

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s games that structure everything around the player :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re a visitor to this world, it is utterly indiferent to your existence, have fun.
Also the game world has the same policy.[/quote]

Cata does structure everything around the player… monsters dont really interact with eachother and only spawn when the player comes near. The world dosn’t exist until you visit and is utterly hungry to end your existence, have Fun!

“If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?”

Actually, I’ve seen coyote figthing it out with zombies in the last release.

Could we make it so slime have a static spawn, and clearing the slime pit would mean killing every single blob of it?

I’ve set fire to slime pits before and I’m sure it stopped them spawning on the surface at least. The slime is very flammable.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:33, topic:3572”]…We need… a boss that is not completely and utterly overwhelmed by fire.

…Does this not seem a good solution? …Slimes only seem to be flammable in Terraria…

IT NEEDS TENTACLES. TENTACLES AND FIREPROOFING[size=1pt]don’tmindmeIhaven’tsleptintwodays[/size][/quote]

Fighting slimes with fire is a horrible idea, because it’s like using fire in a gasoline-soaked cave. When you’re standing in the gasoline too.

[quote=“Iron Foot, post:38, topic:3572”][quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:33, topic:3572”]…We need… a boss that is not completely and utterly overwhelmed by fire.

IT NEEDS TENTACLES. TENTACLES AND FIREPROOFING[size=1pt]don’tmindmeIhaven’tsleptintwodays[/size][/quote]

Fighting slimes with fire is a horrible idea, because it’s like using fire in a gasoline-soaked cave. When you’re standing in the gasoline too.[/quote]
While drenched in gasoline yourself.

I remember lab notes mentioned PE062, anti-slime substance which was unfortunately very expensive and didn’t work on zombies. Maybe there should be added some slime research facility inside the lab which contains some of this substance which should be delivered inside the Slime pit and sprayed there all over the slime pools to stop blobs from spawning? Or just clear slime pit from all the slimes and slime-covered surfaces?