SCP lore

Could SCP lore become a thing?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

Well the Labs do contain certain anomalies that’s outside the understanding of the public.

Pretty much my point. IMO SCPs should be rather rare, maybe even a special ending for labs.

Alternatively SCP could become a whole feature with facilites, mobs and scenarios.

Possibly a few of the entities, the dysfunctional mess that is the SCP organization less so.
In particular I will probably put SCP087 in the game eventually.
However a lot of the effects are simply too complicated to be worth adding.

A few references here and there, possibly a few abnormal artifacts would be nice to have as well. Lots of SCPs in the first series (001-099) are unique and interesting IMO.

That… That’s actually a pretty good idea. Labs really need more love (http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10469.0) and adding SCP items/ monsters to DDA would really be interesting.
Good thinking.

I agree that most of them would be difficult to implement but once portals / dimensions are working some of the SCPs that send one to different planes could be done?

Like http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-664 or http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-201

Simulating a containment breach with some of the better known SCPs would probably be rather tricky, tho.

Hmm… Interesting idea. I hope this will be added, at least in World Generation options. And “curing” everyone by touch would be appreciated.

Hmm... Interesting idea. I hope this will be added, at least in World Generation options. And "curing" everyone by touch would be appreciated.
zombies turn into NPCs They spawn with a gun "This is my territory, loser" get shot Die

You would have to choose very wisely, which SCP’s you chose to build game material from. There are some that might work best as new nether creatures with strange properties, others that might work best if made into new nether-influenced biomes - though that would require a big weather and mapgen rework to even consider. I think leaning on the nether’s intrinsic unknown-ness will be key in fitting a lot of anything SCP into the lore, since the SCP universe has its own factions and rough story to explain whole groups of artifacts/site entries that wouldn’t mesh with CDDA’s otherwise.

SCP-173 for instance would be a bad candidate to include, despite Containment Breach’s popularity. Its behaviour is modelled entirely on whether or not you’re looking at it, and we have omnidirectional sight ingame for simplicity reasons.

SCP-089 however, could be modelled into some sort of horrible cultist quest as an alternative to that whole ‘place shit on pedestals and great wyrms spawn’ one.

Basically, we should come up with a short list of SCP’s that would work as unique lab (boss?) monsters, some as pre-defined artifacts, some as rare events, some as locations, and some as quests. Just grabbing all the monster-y ones and slapping them in a lab would overlook the potential variety of content we could add to CDDA. Plus, we need more quests. Not all have to be handed out by human NPC’s.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:10, topic:9945”]You would have to choose very wisely, which SCP’s you chose to build game material from. There are some that might work best as new nether creatures with strange properties, others that might work best if made into new nether-influenced biomes - though that would require a big weather and mapgen rework to even consider. I think leaning on the nether’s intrinsic unknown-ness will be key in fitting a lot of anything SCP into the lore, since the SCP universe has its own factions and rough story to explain whole groups of artifacts/site entries that wouldn’t mesh with CDDA’s otherwise.

SCP-173 for instance would be a bad candidate to include, despite Containment Breach’s popularity. Its behaviour is modelled entirely on whether or not you’re looking at it, and we have omnidirectional sight ingame for simplicity reasons.

SCP-089 however, could be modelled into some sort of horrible cultist quest as an alternative to that whole ‘place shit on pedestals and great wyrms spawn’ one.

Basically, we should come up with a short list of SCP’s that would work as unique lab (boss?) monsters, some as pre-defined artifacts, some as rare events, some as locations, and some as quests. Just grabbing all the monster-y ones and slapping them in a lab would overlook the potential variety of content we could add to CDDA. Plus, we need more quests. Not all have to be handed out by human NPC’s.[/quote]

Since labs are usually found in forest areas, it would be appropriate to have SCP-1338 (aka Child of Trees). An NPC who we can do mini-quests and trade with to get organic/plant healing items or heal us.

Or SCP-1481, trade alcohol, drugs, etc. to a genie cup for “wishes.”

SCP-1499 (The Gas Mask) is a modern take of the ring from LOTR.