Quicklime & Cement

Does quicklime and cement do anything? Because in construction tab I don’t see anything about any wall or thing which would use them.

Nope.
Someone got them in then stopped maintaining them.

Well, quicklime obviously does something. It is used to make useless cement.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Quicklime is also used with sand in making glass.

Welcome to the forums.

Ingame or just IRL? Never seen thatr recepie.

In game.

If I knew a little more about cement, I’d add some construction processes with it.

It’s in glassblowing book (which is relatively rare). It makes glass shards.

I created it because at that time sand was a pure placeholder with no role, despite it explicitly saying it can be made into glass in the description.

Its a recent change then? I found the galssblowing book once. But as you said it realy rare.
Thx for adding this :).

About cement building processes:
I’ll try to code in some processes. It’s description says about Portland, so I think it’s OPC. You’d make concrete with water, aggregate and cement, so I think I could throw water, sand, rocks, cement and 2x4’s (for support) to make a simple concrete wall. If you’d want a more powerful one, you should throw some rebar in, and maybe it’d replace a pit.

Where can we find rebar, btw? I as fancying the thought of adding some reinforcemet to my car.

I found rebar a lot in house walls. Not anymore though. maybe they are only found in specific walls now? Well anyway you can still craft them-.
I don t see why you would need rebar to reinforce you car though-

Ok. Just made the simple concrete wall working.
I got some questions about it:
-It’s quite OP. I mean the sledgehammer won’t do anything to it. Should I change this?
-If it’s destroyed, it drops rocks. What should it drop too?

Did you compare its durabillity to a steel wall and solid rock? both should be more durable.

Actually made the simple wall stronger than rock wall, and adapted it to be weaker than solid rock. Halfway there with rebar-reinforced, and maybe I’ll try to post it down for download.

[quote=“MorCel 374, post:12, topic:8252”]Ok. Just made the simple concrete wall working.
I got some questions about it:
-It’s quite OP. I mean the sledgehammer won’t do anything to it. Should I change this?
-If it’s destroyed, it drops rocks. What should it drop too?[/quote]

If steel is used in the construction process then it should drop an amount of scrap metal as well.

If steel isn’t used in the process, sledgehammer should be able to knock it down.

I bashed down a rebar reinforced concrete wall with a sledgehammer irl.
Guess it depends how thick it is?

Silly me. Didn’t notice that rebar had a crafting recipe, and wasted time on it.

So I guess here is the first release of the concrete_stuff.rar thing.
Copy and paste it in your json folder, and tell me what you think of it!

http://www.2shared.com/file/mGwP65_D/concrete_stuff.html

[quote=“Valpo, post:16, topic:8252”]I bashed down a rebar reinforced concrete wall with a sledgehammer irl.
Guess it depends how thick it is?[/quote]

The amount of work needed to get through a concrete wall with a sledgehammer depends a lot whether it is meant to keep people out, hold things up or just to separate spaces.

Even if its a huge ammount of work it would mean its not imune to a sledgehammer.
Are there forms of concrete that can not be bashed down at all?

I think that walls and any type of furniture, upon being damaged, it would firstly be chipped, then, after more damage, it collapses. I talk about cumulative damage; can anyone code this in game?