Where can I find limestone?

I checked a couple of mines, was I just unlucky? Seems like quicklime is a really harsh bottleneck for any brick/concrete projects.

It’s available in mischw (hardware stores, maybe house garages), science corpses, and farms, but I’m inclined to agree it’s quite rare for the amount one would need. Once we get experimentals working again we’ll bump up the spawns a bit, I think.

I’ve found a few sacks of quicklime but never limestone. Seems I find more bags of cement than I can fidn the ingredients to make my own.

Any chance we might someday be able to take a jackhammer down into caves to drill out our own?

[quote=“Bumpkin, post:3, topic:8617”]I’ve found a few sacks of quicklime but never limestone. Seems I find more bags of cement than I can fidn the ingredients to make my own.

Any chance we might someday be able to take a jackhammer down into caves to drill out our own?[/quote]

OK, sorry that wasn’t clear (your topic was limestone but the OP seemed to want quicklime). Yeah, limestone shards are apparently only in mine storage, which is not exactly a common spawn. Probably worth having some lying around mines, possibly caves as well. Having 'em result from smashing rock walls might be worth considering too.

Maybe get some variant houses that are under construction and have stacks of building materials inside?

I support houses that are under construction or renovation and contain building materials, as well as mines, caves, and rock walls having readily available limestone shard drops. Brick houses would be awesome. The horde huffs and it puffs, but it can’t blow the house down.

Looks like it’s on it’s way. Thanks, Rivet!

[quote=“Bumpkin, post:7, topic:8617”]https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/10864

Looks like it’s on it’s way. Thanks, Rivet![/quote]

Hooray for Rivet! Once the file-system issues are in order, I’ll have to upgrade ASAP.