PK's Rebalancing Unofficial patch

I have that problem in my game. Abandoned for this, made a post without a right answer.
NPC died, quest fail. No reason.
Link for my post:

Cant fix the thing myself. Waiting for fix to start again.
I was using the pack of mods in the Malkus post that include this one.

By the way: Thanks for your mod and time.

Unless you can reproduce this error with my mod alone and help me find out what’s actually causing it, I can’t fix it.

Unable to place all specials is generally due to having too many mods that add overmap specials, too much content.

I already heavily reduced the mandatory overmap specials with this mod a while ago to leave room for other mods, using this plus all of the location mods with vanilla hasn’t had this error for me personally.

Other mods need to have less or no mandatory overmap specials to fix this.

The main game as a similar bug. The bug was NOT in your mod the first days of game. Appear after update.
Devs say they already fix the bug.
In other words: is not sure this mod as the bug, probably related with game version<–> mod version.
Sorry for not mention that before, my memory is not in the best shape :stuck_out_tongue:

Game crashes with this error when trying to butcher whitefish, Dpwb from the discord adviced me to forward this one to you since PK’s is the only major mod I use and the crash doesn’t happen in a vanilla world.
Untitled

odd, because a recent fix I merged was supposed to fix fish butchery errors, no idea what would cause this

Is this intentional?

1 Like

a minor oversight, it’s fixed now, thanks!

Issue with map generation in latest experimentals:

Just updated to 8709 and I get this crash. Any ideas? Running PK, and a tileset but removing the tileset still causes this error.

Thanks for keeping this up, makes the game actually challenging

both issues should be fixed now

I also found the same recipe for mouse serum.

fixed, let me know if you notice anything else, this mod is quite large and my main role has been to get it to work on new versions with help from others, so sometimes I or others make little mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:

Appreciate it. How does CCDDA and mods work for donations / monetization. Is that handled through Github or something?

There’s a Patreon to keep this forum up if you’d like to donate to that, I don’t think I want to start a Patreon for myself unless I do a little more than I already do since others help me with this, and I’m largely maintaining and improving someone else’s work.
I do have plans for my own fancy mods/PRs to contribute to the game, but I’d like for some parts of the game to be more complete to implement my ideas first, and maybe then I’ll accept donations in some more regular form.

Here’s the forum patreon, we’re already getting the goal we need but I’m sure Kevin would appreciate it and could perhaps use the money to provide bounties or something if it becomes much larger than than the cost of hosting this forum:

You can fund my caffeine habits for doing this if ya like here:

Hi I’m getting an error on the latest update?

copy and pasted from cdda/config/debug.txt

11:08:26.908 ERROR : src/main_menu.cpp:696 [bool main_menu::new_character_tab()] Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing-master//pk_recipe_override.json: line 341:3: expected JSON value but got ‘}’

"tools": [ [ [ "surface_heat", 37, "LIST" ] ] ],
"components": [ [ [ "mutagen_mouse", 2 ], [[ "slime_scrap", 2 ] ] ]

}
^
{
“type”: “recipe”,

11:08:34.259 : Log shutdown.

my bad, fixed, serves me right for modding while dissociating

Hi, I’ve gotten an error message not too different from the last one which lead to a crash.

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing-master//pk_recipe_override.json: line 340:46: expecting string but got ‘[’

"qualities": [ { "id": "CHEM", "level": 3 } ],
"tools": [ [ [ "surface_heat", 37, "LIST" ] ] ],
"components": [ [ [ "mutagen_mouse", 2 ], [ [
                                         ^
                                           "slime_scrap", 2 ] ] ] ]

},
{

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 696

that’s a double oops from me for not testing my fixes, it should work properly now lol, my bad

Not sure if this a bug due to my modding, but where can I find the harvest list for acidant_med? I butchered an acid soldier ant fully, but there were no drops.

oh it’s a bug, people coding vanilla seem to keep playing with harvest entries every so often and that one doesn’t exist anymore, it’s fixed now though!

You wouldn’t believe how many I had to go through when they first added the harvest entry system for butchering!

As always, if I’m awake and not in some terrible state or out of home (I’m usually at home), I can fix stuff pretty much straight away so long as I know what the problem is!

1 Like