Needful things part 2

I’ve concluded that you’re pretty much meant to always precisely aim.

Yes, ALWAYS either wait or use precise aim. Even at super high markmenship it’s still a terrible idea to do otherwise

Although, it would make sense that there should be a 100% chance to hit the target, graze or not, at point blank range.

No kidding, you miss when a human sized creature is two feet in front of you at point blank. Seriously, are you turned opposite way or something?
Stupid, it is. - Yoda

I wasn’t going to say anything, EDIT: But this conversation has come up multiple times. People, including trained professionals, miss enemies that are only a few feet away. It’s called panic fire and it happens all the time. Most of the time when you hear about a police shooting, they’ve frequently fired 5-15 shots and hit two or three, even when in the same room with a perpetrator.

I agree that the aiming system needs work because distant shots, even with appropriate rifles, have a very low to-hit. That said, I use a pistol and a shotgun all the time at around 8 tiles (shotgun) to maybe 12 tiles (pistol) and with a low skill level. I find them to be just fine. I spend two or three ‘waits’ before firing and it almost always works out for me.

I seem to have a fair bit of luck with throwing weapons however, just to point out. Maybe it is just luck or something, but I seem to hit more. Excluding when I have a broken arm(s), obviously. In my experience guns specifically have always just not worked very well, so I just don’t use them. Plus, the fact that I can be silent is always nice.

Protip: Manhacks aren’t a good enemy to gauge your shooting on. For some reason, people do this.

God of Slaughter Noble Culver has 24 Perception and Marksmanship 17, and he still misses Manhacks at 6 tile ranges.

Size and Range are important; remember manhacks are about the size of a human heart/fist.

…Now I kinda want to play a Perception-based Bird Character and see how high I can get my Perception. If I start with 12, I could theoretically get as high as 30 if I pushed it.

I did some zombie science in the other gun thread with scoped rifles against a standard zombie. The results were not great.

Some sort of indication that an item is modified in the clothes layering ui.

2 Likes

Tank mod really needs a tank recovery vehicle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_recovery_vehicle It could be based on the Main Battle Tank’s chassis as is tradition, the turret replaced with a telescopic cantilever or something.

1 Like

I really think we could use vehicle installed charcoal kilns/smokers. It would also be good if we could upgrade the existing FOODCO/kitchen/forge to include stuff like waffle irons, metal tongs, swage and die sets and whatnot.

5 Likes

Since speedloaders and clips are a thing now, it’s time to add them to the old M1903 and Mosin-Nagant rifles. The BB gun could get a BB bottle with dispenser nozzle.

2 Likes

This one’s easy, and someone’s probably done it already: split the unused mags_military itemgroup between mags_milspec and mags_surplus. The STANAGs go to milspec, the rest goes to surplus.

1 Like

Wait clips are an actual thing now!?! Or do you just mean magazines?

For real clips, I added clips and speedloaders a week or two ago.

1 Like

Yes I was wondering if I was going to have to fenangle something with a combined internal and removable magazine. With that said another question is it still not possible to load single rounds into guns that you do not have a magazine for?

That would be lovely, if only it were so. :sob:

While I very much appreciate the addition of the speed loader I was surprised that the mosin nagants or the sks didn’t get stripper clips (Those are the only rifles in the vanilla game that I know off the top of my head take those). Welp time to mess with the Jsons.

Didn’t M1903 and the Mosin get stripper clips in the latest exp build?

1 Like

If they did they are not called stripper clips. Or they are in one of the mods all I know is with only the vanilla game the only thing I found was a speed loader for the s&w 619.