Latest experimental features

Downloaded latest version last night (still haven’t a cutlass but I’m not gonna give up so easy arrgh!) and head damage has been buffed for sure. Other then that, every looks awesome. And dat smexy mshock 32 tileset!

Also pondering makeshift sunglasses for my next More Survival Tools PR…

Ahh, yes. The Inuit solution to snow-blindness. Good item idea! Speaking of which, I’m of the mindset that winter should impose a heavier penalty than -1 perception due to combined efforts of sun and snow. I have no idea how to code that and this isn’t enough of an idea to start a whole thread over.

It’d certainly go well with the rest of the lighting overhaul, which is currently confusing me as I haven’t adapted to it as a player yet. Cool though.

At minimum, having snowy conditions cause glare in lower lighting than sunglare would work.

EDIT: Well, went ahead with that idea. And added more uses for blackpowder, plus making it autolearned. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/12647

Encumbrance nerf landed. Expect light items to become not-so-light. Anything that “(fits)” below 20 encumbrance will have encumbrance reduced by half instead of 10.

Ah, that shall affect my testing of min-maxing storage. ;w;

EDIT: And after a whopping 6 out of 8 failed commits, a thing mainlining some coke content from More Survival Tools, plus a couple related additions, has merged. Yay.

Also, now we can have samurai women with proper chest bindings, if that’s your thing. owo

I’m fairly certain this is new but I can’t find when it was added: logging onto the evac shelter computer and choosing ‘Contact Us’ will mark the nearest refugee center on your map.

Meth. Not even once.

I just had a tough zomby grab me and prevent me from running away.

Awesome!

Fun. Meanwhile I have another PR up ( https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/12755 )
because I messed up a sprite assignment.

When I added wattle-and-daub walls, well…go ahead, see how long it takes you to guess what I messed up.

{
      "id": "t_wall_waddle_half",
      "fg": 1954,
      "bg": 513,
      "rotates": false
    },
    {
      "id": "t_wall_waddle",
      "fg": 2006,
    },
    {
      "id": "t_wall_waddle_broken",
      "fg": 2007,
    }

Fungaloid spreading speed nerf is in. Their breeding speed now scales negatively with number of creatures in the reality bubble.

To compensate, they can sometimes spore stuff in range 2 instead of 1 and will transform the ground much faster than before.

Also, creatures that would instantly die to fungi will now only take moderate damage.

Joy, friggin’ shrooms. :V

Guess I should really hurry with mah chemical fungus-removing appliance.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:891, topic:5582”]Fungaloid spreading speed nerf is in. Their breeding speed now scales negatively with number of creatures in the reality bubble.

To compensate, they can sometimes spore stuff in range 2 instead of 1 and will transform the ground much faster than before.

Also, creatures that would instantly die to fungi will now only take moderate damage.[/quote]

Right the insta spore kikll was kinda weird.
What about robots do they still die from spore exposure?

[quote=“Valpo, post:894, topic:5582”]Right the insta spore kikll was kinda weird.
What about robots do they still die from spore exposure?[/quote]

Nope, special cased anything not made of flesh, human flesh, insect flesh or bone as immune to fungification.
Also makes blobs and more exotic nethers immune.

Awesome. Thank you.

There now is a chemical thrower with a new anti-fungal ammo in the game. Works much like the flamethrowers, except that it creates clouds of gas at the target location that remove fungal terrain and kill fungal monsters (yes, also spires and the like).

Neat, will be fun to test that out.

In other news, thank you to Bevapdin for tweaking a thing that allows overriding overmap_specials now.

There’s now a mod that replaces the multitude of real guns with a more “game-like” selection of generic gun types.
Small fix, the effect where light wakes you up is now based on light at your location instead of global light level, so if you shut yourself in a building away from windows, or with the curtains closed you won’t be woken up at dawn.

I don’t recall there being one. In fact, the vanilla hunger system works iin just the opposite way:

Speaking of which, thanks to Coolthuhu for fixing tazers in a recent PR! It’s time to farm police bots with reckless abandon. :smiley: