Positive feedback thread!

Seeing as we have multiple threads about how They Changed It, Now It Sucks and is Ruined Forever, I feel a thread that commends the devs for recent changes that have noticably improved the game is in order.

I’ll start:

The vehicle tank overhaul. This is AWESOME. My mini-deathmobile now has dedicated storage for bleach, ammonia and mutagen, saving me a HUGE amount of internal storage that would otherwise be spent on tons of gallon jugs. I am currently attempting to give it an Atomic Coffee tank, because why should fuel tanks only contain fuel for the vehicle?

Oh man, where do I even start.

The new accuracy formula. I love it. Being able to hit someone with a rifle past six tiles away, its amazing. I actually have a reason to use an M16 over a shotgun now. I’m not even bothered with the 30 tile hard limit, that’s still more than enough to be able to really enjoy a gun-oriented character.

The new way inventory is listed. Stacking identical items is SO FUCKING nice. My food stockpile is no longer a hell to dig through. Same with my crafting stocks of rags and patches.

The redone volume system. While its not perfect on the readability, its really nice to not have items stuck to a hard “Stacks in groups of X” measure.

The improved soap spawn. I’ve been roleplaying a character that absolutely would be disgusted wearing something that’s been on a corpse, gore covered or not. So I had to flip on squeamish and filthy clothes, and the increased spawn means I can still try and wash things that I really want. Saved my butt, getting this gas mask cleaned before encountering a gun basement full of smokers.

There’s been some iffy decisions, but there’s also been lots of work into things I really love that are making the gameplay better and better.

It’s been so long since I’ve played. Turrets no longer shoot me around corners in labs BLESS. bless bless bless

someone finally added bile splatter when your character’s sick, and I am thankful because while that’s goddamn disgusting, I keep missing text notifications in the events log so the visual cue kinda tells me to get the hell outta dodge and back to home base. Thank

i cant even identify most differences, but im navigating menus better, understanding not to eat the red item in my inventory by accident because it’s people bones… character customization has that new split-pools thing going on for trait points? I really like it!!

We can now make ammo with multiple ammo types, so I can now make a .357 magnum pistol loadable with .38 special.

Oh, and this was implemented a while ago, but huge thanks to whoever implemented the dragging improvements for multi-tile vehicles. I can now reverse direction without ending up attempting to pull the vehicle while I’m standing on it! Yay!

Well, there’s a lot. The new tank system, the stacking, the volume overhaul. I wish the vehicle storage would actually use it though. It personally doesn’t bother me but then it may confuse new players.

I’m not really original, since I enjoy the same things other people already mentioned. Dragging multiple tile vehicles is great. No longer I will have to plan my moves ahead so I have to turn the least times possible.

Theres tons of things which have been added that i do aprove of.

Especially the performance tweeks done a long while ago. The removal of confirmation for removing rubble.

All the npc improvements. The zombie evolution.

The new gun system is awesome too.

And i heard the new hit calculation would be good… i haven t tried but if true i strongly aprove.

Everything that has already been said. I am in awe for all the vehicle changes.
I noticed the CVD machine doesn’t take hours anymore. Thanks for that.
Also, FYI for others who may have missed this, there is a handful of diamond-related recipes, such as… diamond plating.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:8, topic:12785”]Everything that has already been said. I am in awe for all the vehicle changes.
Also, FYI for others who may have missed this, there is a handful of diamond-related recipes, such as… diamond plating.[/quote]

The thing is, should I really bother disassembling my deathmobile to nothingness and rebuild it just so I can install diamond frames and plating on it?

Although I noticed that heavy duty frame + military armor is squishier than I expected…

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:8, topic:12785”]Everything that has already been said. I am in awe for all the vehicle changes.
Also, FYI for others who may have missed this, there is a handful of diamond-related recipes, such as… diamond plating.[/quote]

“SUPER_FANCY”

Now if I can somehow ornament my diamond-plated deathmobile with gold…

[quote=“Rot, post:10, topic:12785”][quote=“BeerBeer, post:8, topic:12785”]Everything that has already been said. I am in awe for all the vehicle changes.

“SUPER_FANCY”

Now if I can somehow ornament my diamond-plated deathmobile with gold…[/quote]

Go all the way. Implement a full DF-Style art system to plating. Engraved with precious metals.

It’s not talked about much, but I really appreciate the new books system. It’s very nice not having to try and learn recipes and to just have them. Then the little bit of additional crafting range it great because you don’t have to worry too much about books if they’re in the same room as your crafting stuff to begin with.

Edit: Also fishing. Fishing is a lovely addition that completely makes sense, we’ve been doing it for millennia as humans and it’s a life saver depending on your spawn.

I love jaked for adding search to all the things!

This game in general.

Jesus. I have tried other games, but I have not been able to play them as much as I have been able to play this one. There is just so much that you can do in this game. Want to be a total pacifist, making night raids, and not directly killing anything? Possible. Want to dress up in women’s underwear, be a cokefiend, and kill enemies with a vibrator. Possible.

I like how things, such as rags, finally stack now. The nutrition, now that it has some balance to it, is nice to have as well. While it was easy, it was too easy to subsist for an entire year off of acorn meal and still be “healthy.”

I like that hunger and thirst are tied in with caloric usage. It was unpleasant to discover, but I think it is a great feature incorporate.

The fact that there are so many ways to “solve” a problem. Take a Zombie brute. You can face him head on. You can run into a house and light him on fire. You can get into a car and run him over. You can shoot him with a shot gun. You can plink him with traps. You can lure him into other enemies to soften him up/kill him. You can avoid him entirely.

I just noticed that when I turn a vehicle, the back corner doesn’t pop out the other way any more. There were so so many horrific accidents before. RIP my old survivors and the old driving mechanics that assisted in your deaths.

I’m also excited that my favorite tileset has character overlays now, MShock32Xotto.

I wish I hadn’t been scared off by all the negative nutrition talk. Now, that I’m deep in a world without it I remember how I always wanted nutrition to matter.

[quote=“egomassive, post:15, topic:12785”]I just noticed that when I turn a vehicle, the back corner doesn’t pop out the other way any more. There were so so many horrific accidents before. RIP my old survivors and the old driving mechanics that assisted in your deaths.

I’m also excited that my favorite tileset has character overlays now, MShock32Xotto.

I wish I hadn’t been scared off by all the negative nutrition talk. Now, that I’m deep in a world without it I remember how I always wanted nutrition to matter.[/quote]

I think that you can add it by modifying your world save data.

there should be a file called mods.json in your /save/(world name) directory. You can remove the simplified nutrition mod that I assume you have. I don’t know what will happen, so have a bunch of multivitamins and a variety of food on hand before you commit to it.

As I’ve said 10000 times cdda is awesome.
But what’s more awesome is the people who contribute to this amazeing simulator :wink:

if u jump on the irc there is always some one there to help or chat to even just have a laugh with.
Make sure u do so in the correct channel or blackgyver will kick your ass…not that I have seen him around d for a while.

Any way you lot are amazeing and really appriciate what u do for cdda

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the audio. Ambient sounds and effects are a tremendous improvement. Thanks for the audio packs Chezzo!

@Indigorain: Thanks for the tip. I expect I’ll die sooner or later and I’ll make a new world. I’m also trying the generic guns mod, and I’m not a fan of it. I imagine turning it off would be chaos.

Although I rarely use it, being able to reinforce clothing with Kevlar was always pretty neat.

I just cleared out a mall. When I attempted this a year ago, survivor zombies instantly destroyed every section I tried to approach. I had a much better experience this time around. All around, zombie spawns and evolutions seem better balanced than they were this time last year.