Oddity Dump, Bleeding Edge Builds

Hello there. This thread is dedicated to all and any strangeness you find in recent nightly builds. Big or small, old features or new.

I’ll kick it off.
Can’t wear gloves since the game thinks you have tentacles no matter what.

lol same here, I had a good laugh when i noticed that.

That one’s been fixed already.

Actually, it hadn’t - a fix had been submitted, but not incorporated.

NOW it’s fixed, though.

Can't wear gloves since the game thinks you have tentacles no matter what.

Oh thank goodness, because my character was on shrooms by accident when that had happened, in addition to messages of ‘you feel nauseous’ and ‘you feel strange’, which I had previously thought were the only warning signs you got about radiation exposure when not packing a geiger counter.

With the long list of positive and negative traits my character had, I couldn’t be sure if I had in fact mutated and not been able to pinpoint when, or if the complaints were entirely due to the mushrooms - I’d have blamed the drugs but then THERE WERE THE TENTACLE HANDS RIGHT THERE BEING WIGGLY AT ME.

That was a day ago though, so I’ll try the next nightly build out. THANK GOD I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY

The clock ticked round to 8pm and my light returned as if it was day time. I have the first tier of night vision if that is of any relevance.

EDIT: Just tried to sleep, “The light wakes you up.”

I’m getting a similar thing, in the latest nightly; having been sleeping in the shelter basement (early spring), I went out at 4-ish in the morning and it was nice and light out. I started foraging around, but when the clock ticked over to 6… instantly pitch dark, down to one tile of vision.

And yeah, I also have the night vision perk.

Just ran over a bear with a VW Beetle. Barely any driving skill, no skid, no nothing. Could do with some balancing.
Same thing happened with a moose. Cars generally don’t handle that stuff all too good.

Burning zombies stop moving. Is this intentional? Makes for some pretty cheesy gameplay as long as you have a lighter on hand.

Nights are bright except for dusk, dawn and sometimes during the night and sleeping doesn’t seem to last through the night.

The lighting thing should be addressed now, thanks.
Need to look into collisions, I tested ramming vehicles and buildings recently, but not large animals.

Removing large electric engines (idk about car parts) results into the interrupting message

You heard a crash! Stop pumping gas? Y/N I

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:11, topic:1577”]The lighting thing should be addressed now, thanks.
Need to look into collisions, I tested ramming vehicles and buildings recently, but not large animals.[/quote]

Are you able to push it to the main git rep? I really want to play now, but that is game breaking.

I’ve had cars go pinball crazy at intersections and highways. 3 cars in a row can do some goofy stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:
Any chance we’ll have actual crashes/wrecks anytime soon? The whole permanent rigidity thing seems to be causing a lot of problems.

It’s seems that mentioned here light gltches are present in fresh windows nightly (0.6-git, it say’s ingame).

Ah, we’ve just realized that the nightly build script is still pointing at the old repository location, so it’s stuck at a certain commit :-/.

Good job :slight_smile: So, is it fixed?

Butchering human corpses seems to yield plant marrow for some reason.
And longbows seem to have no range on them.

(Compiling my own stuff by now so this is recent.)
The shelter kit recipe seems to require a damaged shelter kit. An oversight or am I missing something?

It gets damaged during acid rain, so it needs repairs when taken down.