Latest experimental features

Scheisse, I kinda enjoyed reading by consolelight. ;w;

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:861, topic:5582”]Scheisse, I kinda enjoyed reading by consolelight. ;w;[/quote] I Wonder about dome-lights from a car ( The 3x3 or 5x5 ones ) IRL you’d definitely be able to read next to those
unlike next to something that emits as much light as a ‘lava-lamp’

Seems feasible, yeah. Wondering if the atomic light vehicle part gives any better light than one left on the floor. owo

[quote=“joxer, post:862, topic:5582”][quote=“Random_dragon, post:861, topic:5582”]Scheisse, I kinda enjoyed reading by consolelight. ;w;[/quote] I Wonder about dome-lights from a car ( The 3x3 or 5x5 ones ) IRL you’d definitely be able to read next to those
unlike next to something that emits as much light as a ‘lava-lamp’[/quote]

Dome lights still work like a charm. :slight_smile:

Yay, another excuse to waste batteries. o3o

Now I want to get a BAR and test it out on the undead.

EDIT: Fuck, just realized that I edited the nomad class (renamed to wanderer) without changing the wilderness scenario. I should’ve just changed the display name, not the code name. :V

EDIT 2: I fix, da? https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/12603

[quote=“joxer, post:862, topic:5582”][quote=“Random_dragon, post:861, topic:5582”]Scheisse, I kinda enjoyed reading by consolelight. ;w;[/quote] I Wonder about dome-lights from a car ( The 3x3 or 5x5 ones ) IRL you’d definitely be able to read next to those
unlike next to something that emits as much light as a ‘lava-lamp’[/quote]

Hey I grew up reading comic books by lava lamp, it just takes a bit of stubbornness. XD

This lighting fix seems…odd at times. Being near enough to a campfire or lit console seems to REDUCE your vision range at times. I guess if you’re staring at it, it would make it harder to see what’s beyond it, but having it behind you should expanding your vision. Same reason the correct way to hold a torch is over your head, not in front of your face. :V

Works that way for mobs aswell, It’s dark indoors with the windows&etc closed right? mobs won’t see you if they’re in the light.
I find that experience… overwhelming!

You spoiled westerners… I’ve only read a couple books in my life.

If light radius could be asymmetrical that’d be neat. And agonizing to code.

heh what’d be neat is an ability to tell when you’re stepping out the shadows during the day.

Plus is would underp these campfires literally eating the dwindling daylight.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:871, topic:5582”]Plus is would underp these campfires literally eating the dwindling daylight.[/quote] That’s called Dynamic Contrast, All the new games have that Kappa

So, uhhh, cutlass?

Should be in the game now, yus. owo

Should be in the game now, yus. owo[/quote]

You are the man!!1!! Or dragon!? You know what, however you self identify, you are awesome. No seriously, keep that shit up.
No to delete current version with all saves and start anew. Again. Man this is the best game evah.

Hope you have good luck finding one then. owo

EDIT: And now for something completely different: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/12626

Speaking of the cutlass, this gave me the chance to discover that I hadn’t assigned the cutlass sprite the the fake cutlass. Doh.

If you have any degree of night vision, it gets spoiled by being in bright light, other than that it should have no effect.

It might also be the indoor vision effect occasionally causing inconsistencies. Just looks odd at times.

Ah shit, there goes my weekend… :smiley:

I’ve been waiting for this…

Yay. owo