Latest experimental features

Necromancy mod dormant minions have been changed into jabberwocks.

Firestorm’s ranged weapon rebalance landed a few minutes ago with some modifications after merge.

2 Likes

tl;dr, this roughly doubles effective ranges for almost all firearms.

1 Like

How about some drag-resizeable windows?

1 Like

Backfilling some
Add option to reset world after character death, i.e. delete the generated map but keep your mod and option selections.

Framework to have burning items automatically spawn byproducts when burned, i.e. burn a plank with nails in it and it drops ashes and nails.

Acid ants! These guys are pretty scary, but they drop tough, acid-proof chitin usable for crafting.

1 Like

Generic tamable dog flag:

Dog whistles affect animals with the DOGFOOD flag:

Merged https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/23982
Original outline here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/23463
tl;dr: Zombie Skeletons have become lumbering bone-encased tanks that are extremely resilient to damage, but are pretty slow.

• Added an autodoc that can install and uninstall bionics.
  • You can still install bionics old-style manual way, uninstalling is possible only through the autodoc.
  • To conduct medical operation through it, you’ll need anesthesia kit, one kit per operation no matter the difficulty or duration.
  • (Un)installing bionics through the autodoc now consumes time depending on the difficulty of the CBM.
  • After autodoc introduces you into anesthesia, your character won’t react to most stimuli (including monster attacks) and won’t wake up until the end of the operation.
  • Autodocs spawn in several places: hospital, newly added bionic basement (under some houses), newly added military bunker basement, newly added private bionics clinic.
  • Anesthesia kits spawn in several places: hospital, bionic basement, military bunker basement, private bionics clinic, doctor’s office, veterinarian office.
  • Added some info concerning installing bionics through the autodoc: help screen (accessible through the Esc-menu), NPC hint, flyer of the local hospital, item info for all of the CBMs.
1 Like

Sone recent big merges:
Automatically refuel fire while crafting
V1 player faction base
Overhauling spoilage
Carrion creatures spawn from refuse
Initial support for slow healing

3 Likes

Engines are deconstructable to yield parts for fixing other engines.
more work on playerbases and then some.

BrianLefler has been improving lab mapgen greatly.

Antibiotics now give enhanced healing chance instead of being an instant cure.

Added root cellars for food preservation.

Buffed the holy shit out of bomb fragments. Careful with bombs kids.

2 Likes

Page not found on this link.
These changes are GOAT

Hope nobody minds me adding an update here as theres a lot of functionality recently that I had to search github and lurk to find out about.

(1)Frozen food is in, and now various bugs fixed. Food will freeze from ambient temperature, so will liquids, they can be defrosted but some food will lose quality after being defrosted.
A freezer vehicle part has been added to complement this mechanic
(2)to help with this a new system of heat propagation indoors from fires has been added aswell.
i.e your water will freeze outside on a winter day, but not indoors with a fire nearby

(3)Next up - inventory auto sorting via zone manager
Specify zones for loot types - via the “Y” key, then press shift+O and some time passes and the character will divert it all

This functionality was then used to reduce tedium in farming - the zone manager now has tilling and planting zones , specify zones, press shift+o , character will get his/her gardening on.

There was a farming update that went with this to add complexity of weeds, watering requirements etc, but that is currently being reworked.

(4)One that I’ve not used but have seen merged is automatic mining.

github links below

(1)------------------------

(2)--------------------------------------------------------------

(3)--------------------------------------------------------------

(4)--------------------------------------------------------------

As someone who frequently goes months without playing CDDA and then returns, I quite liked this thread! With that in mind, here are some notable (to my mind, that I came across) experimental features since 0.D:

Static NPCs and z-levels are on by default
A fully functional item favoriting system
Hunger becomes based on stomach volume instead of kCal
Add speedloaders for many guns
Add 3 new NPC AI rules: not open doors, not move into an open doorway/obstacle, not investigate noises
Use fuel from firewood source when starting fires
Add trait “Deaf”
Radio contact with followers, NPC overmap movement (first step)
Added a new bionic that nullifies negative enjoyment value from any comestible with negative joy
Gravedigging
Add almond milk, soy milk, and a method to produce almond milk
Adds new pet armors for canines with crafting recipes

4 Likes

The amount of work that has gone into NPCs since 0.D is crazy. Not only can you shout more things at them, they investigate noises on their own, run away from overwhelming danger, try to avoid fires, and use holsters now.

11 Likes

NPCs have come a LONG way in a short time.

And now you can crouch for stealth. Finally.

Returning after some time (Last played an experimental during the 0.D release cycle a few months back), here’s some fun stuff I noticed that wasn’t mentioned.

• New endgame challenges: The 3rd Hub01 mission should give even veteran players a really “fun” time.
  • New locations: Lumber mill (SO MUCH FREE WOOD :open_mouth: ), Steel mill (Looks incomplete, found no loot or zombies, just 3 Hell Raiders floating in mid air on Z level 2 o.O), tons of variation to existing buildings (lots of new farm types comes to mind), new lab types, including the above ground research facility (so much loot!) and the new underground lab connection railway system, which leads to labs with no ground level access
  • NPCs have significantly improved
    • They can now perform work (farming, deconstructing vics, construction projects you started, sorting stuff, etc… ) without an NPC camp even if the player isn’t around looks like they stop working when you move the reality bubble away from their location, but still a nifty addition.
    • can be told to break contact and run in combat (among many other combat orders you can yell to override their default behaviors)
    • they can be ordered to do stuff remotely using 2-way radios, sent to locations (come to you or move between faction camps/hideouts) and a lot more.
  • NPC camps were also improved to add more options than glorified camping site, and promises more to come.
    • You no longer need 9 field tiles, can build on a single field and clear the surrounding tiles later
    • You can still build the “old camp”, but the new “field camp” main buildings can be made of tents, dirt, wood or even steel
      • This suggest more options in the future, I saw a “refugee center camp” mentioned somewhere on these forums that I understand is being worked on
  • Some new tools and fab chains:
    • Acetylene gas can now be produced through a complex chain involving cooking, construction (arc furnace building) and ??? (Still working on that furnace to complete the cycle :confused: )
    • tools with “filling quality” (still unsure of purpose… super-cheap metal sawing?) and a few other new similar additions, presumably in preparation for new content
    • Salvaged bionics must now be cleaned and sterilized before you stick em back into your own body using new machines
    • Mutagen now requires advanced lab equipment that cannot be substituted by survivor-made alternatives

• You can deactivate “prototype cyborg” and get the (auto)doc to remove it’s personality override chip, creating an NPC with every bad bionic imaginable (and a handful of useful ones)

• New vehicle variations, mostly military vehicles
  • New missions and NPCs at the refugee center, presumably other locations too
  • New factions and their bases (like Hub-01 and it’s crazy scientists)
  • Other factions now expand their bases! Hub01 will start attracting NPCs after mission 2, including some free merchants that setup shop in the parking lot, Found a Hell raider’s camp that was initially just a 1 tile house with 2 bandits, but returning a few months later had expanded to 2 tiles and 5 bandits and a tricked out technical
  • Faction-specific currencies
  • All sorts of new monsters and zombie types

And then some, that’s just the stuff that comes to mind. Looks like the contributors have been busy busy. Some of this new stuff is still buggy (The Hub-01 intercom guy teleporting outside after mission 2 and attacking me on sight comes to mind, along with the empty steel mill) but I assume that’s the “experimental” part of the experimental build :wink:

5 Likes

i’ve been waiting for this kind of thread where i can see what’s new in experimental. finally, thanks for this Kevin.

Honestly trying to figure out if I should just go back a few hundred versions to the stable, but don’t know what features or else has been added since .E

changelog.txt is in data folder

Thank you. Now I just need to look around the github to figure out what some of this actually means.