Latest experimental features

I have sort of an outside perspective on this, so I’ll be listing changes that weren’t mentioned earlier. I will add more as I discover them.

• There’s now a slot for an emitter or lens mod on some energy weapons. There are also a few new gun mods.
  • Mycus Feeders can no longer take drugs of any kind. This includes things like bandages and vitamins, though first aid kits are still usable.
  • There are a lot more locations. I can’t list them all.

it seems like districts and names for them got added recently on the map, that’s cool.

Actually, that’s Codemime

Actually, that’s Codemime[/quote]
ba DUM tish

Not in experimentals yet, PR to overhaul ranged accuracy is here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21468

Rather major nerf to armor is in - flat 33% to 50% loss of armor (actual loss is 33%, but weaker armors benefited from rounding).

Leather and kevlar padding (from tailor kit) rebalanced - now it has a constant bash protection/encumbrance ratio of a fitted hoodie (pretty good, but nothing special). Leather padding has cut protection identical to bash protection, kevlar has bash like leather, but cut +50% over leather. In other words, leather-padded hoodie has protection and encumbrance of two hoodies, while kevlar plated has bash protection and encumbrance of 2 hoodies and cut protection of 2.5 hoodies.

Acidia’s urban expansion mod got more buildings

Diesel V12 engine and a truck that uses it added

Batch crafting no longer grants less xp than crafting everything individually. It makes it beneficial to batch-craft when grinding now, because you only take one focus hit.

1 Like

Huge ranged rebalance by Kevin: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21468
It makes guns stronger and makes skill matter less making it more sensible to actually use guns without grinding forever first.
It is kinda rough at the edges, but numbers for early game are pretty solid. They still get wild at higher levels, though.

They can, actually. Just don’t 'E’at them, instead 'a’ctivate them.

To all contributors: You are awesome!

This just has to be said. I compiled the game to play it yesterday for the first time since in six months, and I’m loving the changes. The game is more and more feeling like a polished masterpiece, rather than a hacked together mess.

In no particular order:

• Awesome to have the cursor sound effect play on all menu screens. In particular, the little “error” sound effect when trying to load a character from a world that has none gave me serious PS1 nostalgia.
  • Proper loading screens and “please hold, things are happening” spinners make me less anxious about the game having crashed when it’s currently processing.
  • Is it just me or did the soundscape and particularly character noises get better?
  • Maybe I’m weird, but I’m loving the graphics of the ChestHole tileset. I consider the game to be very beautiful at this point, but I’m probably unusual in finding pixel art beautiful and not requiring super detailed particle effects or photo realism.
  • Game still seems to run rather fast, or maybe that’s just my new rig
  • The new style options for the pixel minimap are great and give it a much better “retro” look, loving the “squares” style personally

There’s probably a lot more, but I only fired the game up for a bit yesterday to die horribly at the hand of zombie children. Damnit, roleplaying a child in the apocalypse is hard!

Automatic pulping feature: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22229
Make sure to bind a button to toggle it on and off.

No more mechanics gains for crowbaring things and fiddling with safe dial.

Interface for multi-z-level buildings in city, without use of specials. Currently only supports 1/1 x/y “towers” and is rather clunky, but is still good enough for some small tall houses and shops.

Tons of new mansions: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22072
Parks and recreation buildings: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22049

It’s been a while, but here are some highlights, in reverse order of merge:

• Use menu got a LOT more feedback for why you can’t do various actions
  • Lots and lots of polishing of gun details by BorkBorkGoesTheCode (many PRs).
    I know not everyone is a fan of the super realism, but this is just great attention to detail.
    This includes both gun and ammo detail as well as polishing up a lot of spawn lists.
  • Subway stations and tunnels got a major overhaul, there’s nothing running down there, but they sure look a lot better.
  • No longer will rad-proof characters take dmage from scientist wacky radiation beam.
  • Illiterate characters can’t read signs anymore, immersive!
  • New experimental mods that make NPCs spawn with randomized traits, or even mutations!
  • Fixed issue where you couldn’t draw power from more than one UPS at a time. People seriously, this sounds trivial but it was SO HARD.
  • Craftable chainmail!
  • Lots of actions can now act on items in reach in addition to held or worn items.

Side issue, I’ll continue to delete reaction posts in here, but if you want to write a “holy crap look at the stuff that changed” post like CIB did above, feel free.

Also, if you do want to comment on a new feature, hit the :link: button and open new topic to start a conversation about it.

2 Likes

Necromancy mod dormant minions have been changed into jabberwocks.

Firestorm’s ranged weapon rebalance landed a few minutes ago with some modifications after merge.

2 Likes

tl;dr, this roughly doubles effective ranges for almost all firearms.

1 Like

How about some drag-resizeable windows?

1 Like

Backfilling some
Add option to reset world after character death, i.e. delete the generated map but keep your mod and option selections.

Framework to have burning items automatically spawn byproducts when burned, i.e. burn a plank with nails in it and it drops ashes and nails.

Acid ants! These guys are pretty scary, but they drop tough, acid-proof chitin usable for crafting.

1 Like

Generic tamable dog flag:

Dog whistles affect animals with the DOGFOOD flag:

Merged https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/23982
Original outline here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/23463
tl;dr: Zombie Skeletons have become lumbering bone-encased tanks that are extremely resilient to damage, but are pretty slow.

• Added an autodoc that can install and uninstall bionics.
  • You can still install bionics old-style manual way, uninstalling is possible only through the autodoc.
  • To conduct medical operation through it, you’ll need anesthesia kit, one kit per operation no matter the difficulty or duration.
  • (Un)installing bionics through the autodoc now consumes time depending on the difficulty of the CBM.
  • After autodoc introduces you into anesthesia, your character won’t react to most stimuli (including monster attacks) and won’t wake up until the end of the operation.
  • Autodocs spawn in several places: hospital, newly added bionic basement (under some houses), newly added military bunker basement, newly added private bionics clinic.
  • Anesthesia kits spawn in several places: hospital, bionic basement, military bunker basement, private bionics clinic, doctor’s office, veterinarian office.
  • Added some info concerning installing bionics through the autodoc: help screen (accessible through the Esc-menu), NPC hint, flyer of the local hospital, item info for all of the CBMs.
1 Like

Sone recent big merges:
Automatically refuel fire while crafting
V1 player faction base
Overhauling spoilage
Carrion creatures spawn from refuse
Initial support for slow healing

3 Likes

Engines are deconstructable to yield parts for fixing other engines.
more work on playerbases and then some.

BrianLefler has been improving lab mapgen greatly.

Antibiotics now give enhanced healing chance instead of being an instant cure.

Added root cellars for food preservation.

Buffed the holy shit out of bomb fragments. Careful with bombs kids.

2 Likes

Page not found on this link.
These changes are GOAT