Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

She better be.
7 feet tall, 200 pounds of pure muscle. They call her the Murder Machine.[/quote]

I was kinda hoping for the fannypack & Snuggie Chainsaw Maniac* from the Draw Your Cataclysms thread. Pure muscle (=Chunk of Meat) just sits there going rotten.

*Why yes, I do own a copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Heh. Small world. I know Jordy Lakiere, the artist for the poster, from the Taleworlds forums, which I used to visit back when I was about 13.

474 dollars away from the goal. Lets start bakin’ cakes and buying Coke and prostitutes, drugs and private DJs, shall we?

I just hope it keeps going at this pace and faster, because stretch goals. Damn this game will be impressive. (Well, more impressive than it already is, hehe)

We’ve made it! Woot! $7104 raised!

Congrats! I hope we make all the stretch goals too!

Congrats on your success!

Hmm. I have some work to do!

where does the developer Sean live? The wage he is willing to work for is absurdly low for an American. It is less than entry level developer pay and does not include benefits. As far as quitting his job to work on this, are you sure you can get back to work when your done?

I can’t speak to the wage, but Sean is an independent contractor, so he transitions from contract to contract regularly, so this is less disruptive for him than for those of us with long-term jobs. (One of the reasons it’s not me getting hired.)

@youtoo: I live in Alabama. The area I live in has a pretty low cost of living so I can effectively stretch out the KS money by about an extra month and a half once the contract period is completed. Kevin covered the other bits so I won’t rehash them :smiley:

I am seriously tempted to make a comment about India outsourcing jobs to alabama in order to cut wages. However, I will restrain myself.

gratz on hitting the 7k. I was worried that when we got to 3500 right away we tapped out the fan base. However, word seems to be spreading. This is pretty good for an open source roguelike.

Now, I am really hoping that we make the 16k stretch goal, but something in my mind says thats not going to happen, so what if once they funding is over, the whole team of cleaver raven works with sean on whats he is doing when they have time, sort of as a way of stretching the funds. Just an idea thatifyoudonotacceptiwillsendanarmyofbearsandjabberwockstoyourhouseatmidnight
twitch

[quote=“Aggrons_shell, post:53, topic:1854”]Now, I am really hoping that we make the 16k stretch goal, but something in my mind says thats not going to happen, so what if once they funding is over, the whole team of cleaver raven works with sean on whats he is doing when they have time, sort of as a way of stretching the funds. Just an idea thatifyoudonotacceptiwillsendanarmyofbearsandjabberwockstoyourhouseatmidnight
twitch[/quote]
I’m fairly certain that I personally might be chipping in from time to time to help things along with some others (though some of the most complex stuff goes a little bit over my head personally). We’ll also be busy diversifying things a bit, so that when Sean adds in a framework we fill in some of the different applications of that framework. After all the stretch goals are still eventual goals for the CleverRaven team, we’re just trying to speed development by getting one of us to work on it at full time. :slight_smile:

I’ve still got fairly high hopes about the kickstarter though, many kickstarters have been known to pull in quite a bit, especially as they approach the end of their time period.

if this goes well, we could always hold another kickstarter. good chance that you show you do a good job and people may be more likely to pay. plus if this adds alot of features and the word gets out , the community will get bigger.

We’ll probably do a “running donation drive bit” - and if we hit goals while he continues to work, we’ll stick them on top and get him more time (and it won’t be through Kickstarter, so we’ll save a bit of cash).

If we run out though, depending on how successful it was, we’ll probably wait several months, probably until next year and then give it another go.

I heard kickstarter charges alot.

I looked at the Kickstarter ToS yesterday, and won’t be able to join. The stuff about no warranties or guarantees (even against their getting hacked) kinda worries me when it comes to financial information. I’ve already had one hacking scare. :frowning:

If it’s acceptable to work through someone else (I pay them, they increase their pledge, I handle the rest of it) let me know, please.

Kickstarter never touches your financial info though, and I think Amazon DOES have guarantees on that front?

[tt]Ah, good to see Roguelikes getting some love (and funding) via Kickstarter.[/tt]